Anyone planning to jump in on January 1st? Join me!!

politicalmama

Hey leahcarn, sorry to hear how you're feeling. I hope you can get through this slump because it will be worth it in the end. I suppose the low fodmap day 8 is the killer as you feel like you still have a long way to go?! On the upside, you have done this before and you're proably an expert by now. The 'thinking about how it all works' part should almost be second nature, it's just the inspiration for meals ideas that fit your low fodmap plan that may be challenging - "Google away" I say!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think things like low FODMAP are a lot harder as most people have no idea what they are.

I find it weird enough sometimes with no dairy, when I get offered feta, goats cheese and all sorts of other dairy as "dairy free"  :huh:

I generally just take my own food places, so I can skip the "can you have...." as they're just silly questions when the food is already made.

Holy crap you guys!  WE MADE IT !  WOOT!  

Congratulations to all of us, and good luck to all of you who are continuing this journey.  

Yesterday's meals

M1 - Eggs with roasted squash chuncks

M2 - Avocado wrapped in chicken slices

M3 - Crispy skin Salmon with roasted green beans and sweet potatoes. 

I really want to work harder at flipping my meal size around.  I could really go for a much larger breakfast, and smaller dinners.  However, my husband is the exact opposite.  A large dinner is exactly what he wants after a hard day of working.  

Day 30: I AM WHOLE 30!!!!! It feels SO great to say that!

A HUGE well done to everyone!

Holy crap you guys!  WE MADE IT !  WOOT!  

Congratulations to all of us, and good luck to all of you who are continuing this journey.  

tumblr_m5w4c66fEz1qm7ys3o1_400.gif

I really want to work harder at flipping my meal size around.  I could really go for a much larger breakfast, and smaller dinners.  However, my husband is the exact opposite.  A large dinner is exactly what he wants after a hard day of working.  

Which is the flip?  You're going to try for the bigger dinner?

I was one of those that declared my intentions, but ended up starting my own log, and then didn't check back in here.  I'm on day 27 at the moment.  During the course of this I've made ghee, have a new (professional) relationship with the local grass fed beef+pastured pork+pastured chicken supplier, purchased new cooking tools, tried new foods, and own 2 new paleo cookbooks, with more on my wishlist.  I've not quite finished yet, but the experience has changed my life.  :)

Which is the flip?  You're going to try for the bigger dinner?

Nope, the other way around.  :)

I want to try for a much larger breakfast, a medium size lunch and a smaller dinner.

My husband never wants to eat breakfast, and loves his large meat and potatoes and veggies piled high at dinner time.  (Then complains about heartburn all night long....)

YAY DAY 30!! 

This is only the beginning. I'm back to listening to and honoring my body. Love you, body.

Yesterday I was hit fast with a throat cold that left me listless and without energy. Took the day off work and slept, watched videos, slept, finished It Starts With Food (found it enlightening and irritating), slept. Ate very little:

M1 bone broth, green tea

M2 blanched kale sal with an egg, some sausage, carrot, cel, almonds

M3 handful bacon pieces with mug-o-bone broth

Feel MUCH better today - it lasted one day. This is not normal folks - I usually get colds that last for 1 - 3 weeks in my sinuses. This was way different - in my throat mostly and coughy/low energy - ONE day. I am still feeling it a little but really SO much better - enough to go to work. :)

• Administrators

By the way....just wanted to say 'Thank you!' to everyone for keeping me going. This was my 3rd attempt at whole30....1st attempt I managed 18 days, 2nd attempt I did 10 days....and 3rd time I AM WHOLE 30!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YOU did it!!!!  Congratulations, you should be extremely proud of yourself!   :wub:

Congrats to everyone!!!  I'm heading over to the Whole100 thread.  I have completed 4 Whole30s, and now I'm looking at a longer term commitment to feeling great.  I am even planning a compliant Super Bowl day! 

Good luck to all.  Be good to yourselves.

Jodi

3 time cancer survivor grateful to feel GREAT!!!

HOOOORRAAYY!!!!! Day 31!!! This will probably be one of my last posts on this thread, as I'm heading over to the re-intro thread started by Poukiebear - http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/24941-feb-1st-re-introduction-phase/. Today was actually day 1 of re-intro for me, so I'll post about re-intro food etc in that forum.

Sooo, the news everyone is holding out for re: their own Day 31 - results! I hate to say, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to break up with my scales.....they did give me a lift this morning so it may be a little way down the track before I stop caring about what I weigh!

I'm pleased to report that I lost 4.6kg/10+lbs - woo hoo! My starting weight was 78.2kg/172+lbs and today's weight is 73.6kg/162+lbs. FYI I'm 46 years old and my height is 1.65cm/5’6”. A healthy weight for my height should be no more than 68kg so I've got a bit of a way to go!

BUT, it's not all about the weight loss, is it! I have other stats and health successes which I will post in the 'share your story' section of W30. I'll drop in the link when I get my story compiled - hopefully today or tomorrow!

Showed hubby my before and after pics (they are for our eyes only I'm afraid), you DON'T want to see them, I guarantee you!!! You can really see the different, my stomach looks a lot less bloated and my usually small waist is re-imurging. I look less puffy for sure!

Anyway, enough of me - great news about all of you....

I was one of those that declared my intentions, but ended up starting my own log, and then didn't check back in here.  I'm on day 27 at the moment.  During the course of this I've made ghee, have a new (professional) relationship with the local grass fed beef+pastured pork+pastured chicken supplier, purchased new cooking tools, tried new foods, and own 2 new paleo cookbooks, with more on my wishlist.  I've not quite finished yet, but the experience has changed my life.  :)

Hey Peppers, glad to have you back in the fold and great to hear you're at Day 27 and have learnt a lot about yourself - do join us in the re-intro thread when you get there.

By the way....just wanted to say 'Thank you!' to everyone for keeping me going. This was my 3rd attempt at whole30....1st attempt I managed 18 days, 2nd attempt I did 10 days....and 3rd time I AM WHOLE 30!!!!

Yey mumontherun!!! We helped you through your third attempt at W30. I guarantee I wouldn't have been successful if I didn't have the support of this group...

Congrats to everyone!!!  I'm heading over to the Whole100 thread.  I have completed 4 Whole30s, and now I'm looking at a longer term commitment to feeling great.  I am even planning a compliant Super Bowl day! 

Good luck to all.  Be good to yourselves.

Jodi

3 time cancer survivor grateful to feel GREAT!!!

Jayelle, WOW - 3 time cancer survivor - you're amazing!!! Best of luck doing Whole100 - you know you can do it, you've got this!!! xx

See you over at re-intro, it's bee a pleasure! Leanne xx

Ha! 30 days for me today too! My second w30 and I feel fantastic. Have continued to have a social life, have told people about what I'm doing (and got some people interested in it too), and and I feel mentally and physically about a million miles away from where I was over the holidays.

Congratulations to everyone :)

drtracyb, good of you to check in and announce your intentions - you'll nail it this time (you already know how to do it and what pitfalls to look out for!

Sunflour - great to hear you feel so good. Don't forget to jump over to the re-intro thread when you're at Day 31ish...

Day 31: So....as my official Whole30 was up....this morning I decided to add a teeny tiny bit of cheddar to my Huevos Rancheros breakfast (made with onion, compliant chorizo sausage, tinned tomatoes & fried egg - yum!). And the gastrointestinal issues that occurred shortly afterwards made me realise that cheese is NOT worth it!!! The rest of the day will be compliant to let my gut heal from the dairy shock!!! Tomorrow I'm going to try brown rice! Will post my results tomorrow too.

Day 31 for me and I feel great!  I've been spending more of my time on the Facebook group than here, but thought I'd jump in today and say hello and congratulations to everyone who completed it!  This has been my first Whole30 and I went on it because I have been feeling awful on and off for a couple of years now with IBS (have lived with it for over 20 years, but has been manageable) and GERD (diagnosed 2.5 years ago).  I finally had enough and wanted to get off the meds that were only helping part of the time.  I am proud to say that I am off of all meds and feel great.  I have been gluten free for 2.5 years and started eating Paleo last February, but not consistently.  I didn't have carb flu symptoms at all, but felt a surge in energy, slept better, and my IBS and GERD symptoms have gone away.  I am planning to continue into a Whole60 as I still have slight sugar cravings (mostly caused by my over-consumption of fruit) and just want to continue to feel good.  I think I will start re-introduction in early March to see how things make me feel.  I've never been an avid cook, so this past month has been a learning experience for me, I'm having a lot of fun in the kitchen, and I'm discovering that I'm a pretty good cook (even though I still need to follow recipes, but I'm starting to adapt and make up my own stuff!)  I just received a few new Paleo cookbooks on Thursday and can't wait to try them out when I get home (I'm out of town this weekend).  Congrats to everyone who made this journey - it certainly was a learning one for me and one that I will never regret and that has changed my life :)  Onward towards a Whole60 for me!

I went from Doing it!  To DID IT!!!!  Yay for all of us!

As I stated in my first post, I had read the book ISWF last year.  I kind of changed the way we ate thru the year and by Dec I had started thinking about doing W30.  I turned 50 on Jan 1 and wanted to give myself the best birthday gift ever, great health!!  And I did!  

I didn't have any big health issues but just needed to get my weight back in check.  So today I am down 9.5 lbs, and took 5 inches off!  Saw some friends last night and they wanted to know what I was doing and that I looked great and glowing!  Well I am and proud of myself too.  I plan to continue to eat clean with an occasional glass of wine.  That is the only thing I missed thru the entire journey.  I will treat myself to wine tonight as we are celebrating my birthday with good friends at a nice steakhouse.

So good luck to everyone continuing on!!  Thanks for all your post they keep my inspired!!

Day 31! Feeling so proud that I did it and feeling so healthy and energized. I, like JML666, have spent a lot of time in the kitchen and am loving it. I am committed to eating healthy and anxious to see how I do in the re-intro phase which starts for me today. I lost 7 pounds which I am thrilled. I'm 5'6", and went from 150 to 143 pounds (60 yrs old). I have enjoyed this forum, even though I know I did more reading than posting. I'll be switching to the re-intro forum. Congrats to all!

Day 31: So....as my official Whole30 was up....this morning I decided to add a teeny tiny bit of cheddar to my Huevos Rancheros breakfast (made with onion, compliant chorizo sausage, tinned tomatoes & fried egg - yum!). And the gastrointestinal issues that occurred shortly afterwards made me realise that cheese is NOT worth it!!! The rest of the day will be compliant to let my gut heal from the dairy shock!!! Tomorrow I'm going to try brown rice! Will post my results tomorrow too.

Official re-intro would have you wait 2 days before trying the rice, since it can take more than just the rest of the single day to have things settle down from the dairy. Granted, rice is relatively benign in the scheme of things, but read the linked page and make the call.

Lots of victories today on the forum and for those doing it on their own at home!

We did have a lot of people start on Jan 5th (it was a Monday) so we'll be in this thread 'til at least Feb. 4th to give support to those that are still in the home stretch.

ksmPxY1.jpg

Archived