Chilli

Patronick328

• Moderators
  • 3 months later...

I love the chocolate chili recipe from Well Fed - made mine with ancho chili powder and extra cayenne for heat. So delicious...there may be a more direct link, but it looks like you can get to it from here:

http://www.theclothe...d-ebook-sampler

the chocolate chili recipe from The Clothes Make the Girl is Delicious!!! I added a little red pepper flakes since I love lots of spice, but great without! :P

Ditto to both of you!! The recipe in Well Fed is my absolute favorite and my kiddos love it too! :)

I love the chocolate chili recipe from Well Fed - made mine with ancho chili powder and extra cayenne for heat. So delicious...there may be a more direct link, but it looks like you can get to it from here:

I did this last night and while the flavor is wonderful (lovelovelove the spice blend), the meat turned out grainier than I like. Any ideas? I used 80/20 ground beef from the grocery store.

I did this last night and while the flavor is wonderful (lovelovelove the spice blend), the meat turned out grainier than I like. Any ideas? I used 80/20 ground beef from the grocery store.

Have you tried grass fed beef yet? Or ground turkey?

Have you tried grass fed beef yet? Or ground turkey?

Not yet. I was hesitant to try ground turkey, thinking it might be even grainier. Grass-fed beef is a bit trickier to come by around here, but I might give it a go.

In any case, I discovered that simply letting the chili sit overnight in the fridge improved the flavors and the texture (which seems odd to me) and adding more chili powder and a smidge more salt to the final product gave it exactly the level of ka-pow I want, with a texture that I enjoyed. So I'm definitely making it again, and this time a day before it's on the dinner menu!

ok, does the chili actually taste like chocolate because that doesn't sound even remotely appetizing to me ...

Unsweetened cocoa powder is part of the spice blend that you mix in. It also includes oregano, chili powder, cumin, and allspice. The taste is out of this world. You don't taste chocolate (or cocoa powder for that matter). You just get a depth of flavor I've never tasted in any other chili.

Definitely go with this recipe. There is very little heat to it, so if you follow the recipe you will have a clean slate to add your heat. I personally don't measure out the spices, so I believe I add more than the recipe calls for, but this is a great recipe. I make it once a week when I do a whole30 (like now).

I'm excited to see all the great reviews for the Chocolate chili! I'm going to be making it this Sunday for myself, my husband, and three other people. They're not super spice people though, so I think I'll stick to the main recipe and save the experimenting for later.

As a previous extremely-picky eater, this will be my first time ever eating chili, so I hope it turns out well!

Della, the thing that is great about the recipe is that it has a ton of flavor but not spicy hot flavor. In factthe last time I made it, I doubled the spices and everyone loved it. Definitely try it the way it's written first though. I have a very brave food family.

Della, the thing that is great about the recipe is that it has a ton of flavor but not spicy hot flavor. In factthe last time I made it, I doubled the spices and everyone loved it. Definitely try it the way it's written first though. I have a very brave food family.

Awesome! Thank you for the reassurance. Based on everyone's positive responses, I'm sure I'll be making it again and again so I'll have chances to experiment!

Archived