February 9th

JerryGN

Hi everyone.  Happy Friday!!!  How are you doing today?  I'm am so full of energy it's a little unnerving.  :)  Question:  Has anyone used Pinterest, YouTube, FB, or Twitter to chronicle their journey on the whole30?  

Hope you're doing well.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ldiaz-do happy that you have so much energy. That is great!! I definitely have more energy but still am having days where I have less (but still more than I used to have).

Things are going good for me. Nothing to report.

Do you all have a spiral cutter? That is my new toy. Making lots of zucchini noodles. Also made butternut squash last night for the first time and really liked it. I am getting sick of all this cooking so I am trying lots of new things to ease the boredom.

I hear Ya on the sick of cooking comment. Last weekend I didn't prep enough so it felt like I was cooking all week long. Hopefully I'll do better this weekend.

This might be TMI but I am really confused abut how I am so constipated. I'm eating tons more vegetables and downing more water. How can this be? It's frustrating.

Closer to the homestretch folks! Clothes are starting to fit better. How are you all doing?

Rkrzywda - I have been more constipated than usual too. To add to the TMI - I have been super hormonal since week one. I have an IUD and haven't had my period in over a year but I have it now. That to be diet related. Too big of a coincidence not to be. I guess it just shows all the changes my body is going through and that is probably a good thing.

I am SUPER over the cooking thing today. I just felt sorry for myself and was crabby and I ended up over doing it once again on dates and I also ate a Larabar. Feel guilty over those bad choices even though I stayed compliant. I did eat it all with a meal but it wasn't good choices. I just will move on. Good news is the dates and Larabars are both now gone and will not be repurchased.

Clothes are also fitting better and I wore a pair of jeans yesterday that I couldn't fit into previously. How is everyone else's weekend going?

Hello everyone!  I guess I'm the odd one - I don't mind all the cooking.  Clean-up is a different story.  I hate it!!  Probably why I own a home cleaning business.  :)  One of the reasons I did this program was because it forced me into the kitchen and not eating out all the time.  I ate out almost every meal.  Always on the run eating whatever I had time for.  I had gained a ton of weight and felt like crap because I was out all the time eating and drinking whatever I had wanted.   I got tired of feeling like crap.  I got tired of running two businesses always tired and cranky not feeling my best. 

Pro's of this program:

• Clothes are feeling looser.  Yay!!  
  • My workouts are getting better.  I'm lasting through 12 rounds of boxing without wanting to pass out.  :)
  • I've tried new recipes I thought I would never make let alone eat - like chicken gizzards.  You must try the Liar Bars from Nom Nom Paleo.  Omg, they're so good and easy to make.
  • I've been reading more about nutrition and bad food.  If you haven't already read Food Babe by Vani Hari.  Eye opener.
  • I'm sleeping through the night.  This alone is worth doing the whole30.
  • I did buy a spiralizer and other cool kitchen tools.  Haven't used the spiralizer yet.  :(

Con's:

• Clean-up sucks!
  • Trying to follow the program to a t is expensive.
  • I'm always running to the store.  But I'm getting better at planning meals so I know what I need ahead of time.

We are almost done!!!  :)   LET'S DO THIS!!!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

I found my tiger blood on day 18. Then on Sunday, I had a little melt down. I became so overwhelmed with planning and shopping and prepping and cooking. Not only this, but I'm responsible for feeding my family too, and I feel territorial with "my" food. I feel like I put so much effort into making sure what I eat is clean and I don't want it wasted on people who aren't participating. My husband is proud of me and is more than happy to eat way that I'm eating, but then he has a beer. It's feels really unfair. So, I had a meltdown. "It's everone for themselves tonight! I'm sick of it!" There were tears. I know for a fact it's mostly PMS causing these emotions and it's unfortunate because I'm supposed to be feeling awesome right now. When I do this again, I think I'll time it differently with my cycle.

Regarding constipation and sleeplessness: get that Natural Calm magnesium supplement that they recommended in the email (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GJOZWE?ie=UTF8&tag=whole9-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B000GJOZWE#legal-disclaimer). It'll clean you out! Follow the directions or you might be sorry. I took a little too much the first time and an hour later I ended up (forgive me) completely emptying my bowels! Luckily I was in my own home or that could have been an embarrassing situation! AND I've been sleeping like a baby. This says a lot for me. I've always had trouble with falling asleep or getting back to sleep if I wake up. No more. It's pretty amazing!

• Administrators

I feel territorial with "my" food. I feel like I put so much effort into making sure what I eat is clean and I don't want it wasted on people who aren't participating. My husband is proud of me and is more than happy to eat way that I'm eating, but then he has a beer. 

I am SO with you on this one, sister!  "If you are going to eat granola bars and drink rye & coke, then NO, you don't get to lay dibs on any of the leftovers!  If you are going to eat peanut butter slathered on white bread then NO, you don't get to help yourself to the baggie of hard boiled eggs!"

I get you............

To me it's disrespectful because I have to MAKE every single thing that passes my lips, therefore any teeny "convenience" I get out of having leftovers or premade food goes to me first!   :angry:

I have just made the kalua pig by Michelle from Nom Nom Paleo, in my brand new Instant Pot pressure cooker. This is just wow! No words. Husband is over the moon, he's also doing the Whole 30. I get it: I think if I would come home from a business trip and find a warm bowl of kalua pig on the table, I'd also be pretty happy. :-)

Bulletproof coffee is something I yet have to master. How do you guys drink your coffee? And how's everyone doing?

Archived