February 9th

JerryGN

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty plain in my eating as well, plus my husband & children aren't doing this with me and I have to find meals that my picky kids will eat so I don't get too overwhelmed with extra cooking. Tonight I hate compliant meatballs and sauce - over pasta for them and over roasted Brussel sprouts for me. It's act really good that way!

Enjoying all of your posts... Keep them coming!

Love that everyone keeps in contact on here. Great for everyone to communicate and help each other out. I just started my log for the thirty days & am trying to put simple things that I make on there so that other's who need quick things can use it as a resource. (First Whole30 & in Love Already) Feel free to look at that and we can communicate and suggest different things =)

Hi Everyone, I started on Saturday but I would love to check in with a group as that has really helped me along my whole30's in the past. I did 2 whole30's this past summer so this will be my third. I am 6 months pregnant but feeling really great and so happy to be back to eating this way. 

Hope everyone had a great first day! I just found out the DAY after I complete my whole30 I will have to do a glucose test. Welcome back to crappy eating! I asked if I could sub with orange juice and they gave me a sheet on using jelly beans. Hm... 

If anyone's thinking about Valentine's day plans, I think it's a great time to splurge on some fancy groceries- scallops seared in ghee, filet mignon or steak, or crab legs have all made really great fancy dinners when I wanted to celebrate (but didn't want to bother with trying to order something compliant at a restaurant) while on whole30. Ok... cracking crab legs open is probably not romantic to most people. I just really like seafood.

Hi all!  I'm starting tomorrow (2/10) but I think I'll join this thread, as I'll only be one day behind you all.  I've tried this program in the past, once I made it to 19 days (succumbed to flax seed crackers, terrible but I kept eating them, why???), another only to 8 days (wine dragon...).   I am determined to make it to 30 days this go-around, as I'm feeling quite lethargic and bloated lately (alcohol and ice cream certainly don't help with those feelings!!).  This is the first forum I've joined and my goal is to post daily and to gain insight from you all!

Hey Everyone! I'm Keely and this is my 3rd Whole30! For some reason, I've really struggled with eating and staying on track the last couple of months so I REALLY need this! I'm currently training for the 2015 Boston Marathon so that, too, is moviation for me to get through a Whole30 because I feel so much better during my runs when I have a clean diet. Our pantry/fridge are completely clean, food prepped, and mentally ready so I have NO reason to fail!

I've loved being involved in these forums in the past and it has helped me complete my other whole30's. The accountability is great! I'm also willing to share our favorite Whole30 recipes if this is something everyone else is interested in too. I'm always looking for great recipes as I love to cook. I'd love this forum to be active so we each feel more accountable and can share our struggles/joy through this process! Here we go!

Running, clean eating and cooking!  Yay!

I'm pretty plain in my eating as well, plus my husband & children aren't doing this with me and I have to find meals that my picky kids will eat so I don't get too overwhelmed with extra cooking. Tonight I hate compliant meatballs and sauce - over pasta for them and over roasted Brussel sprouts for me. It's act really good that way!

Enjoying all of your posts... Keep them coming!

Me too - husband and picky kids not in it with me.  Dinner last night roast chicken over huge salad with compliant dressing and sweet potato.  Husband and kids had chicken with pasta and salad.  Lots of leftovers for Veggie Chicken Soup today.

Started yesterday - was on the forum and found a reminder about "bullet proof" coffee.  So my second day of going with out cream in my coffee.  It seems pretty easy, so far, that blended coconut oil seems to be enough for me right now.  29 days to go...

My husband and I have also started on Sunday, 8th, it's Day 3 for us today. 

It is the first Whole 30 for him and the second for me, and we were eating mostly paleo during the week before start. It has helped me pass the "hangover" phase and get right to the "kill 'em all" phase. I don't remember I was so grumpy last time: I don't want any noncompliant goods, but people do irritate me a lot :-).

And my hubby's craving chocolate so badly! Poor thing: a big strong man turns out to be slave to chocolate. We intend to get through, though. Cooking is the best part of it.

Day 2 - Woo HOO!  4yo DD had me up since 2am on and off, but I don't care (much).  Good excuse to take extra good care of myself today with Whole30.  Also going to break back into Ripped in 30.

Looking forward to hearing about everyone's successful Day 1.

Hi guys! I also started yesterday and am super excited. I remember doing a whole 30 for 2 months about two years ago and I felt so great. Friends commented how my body shape was changing. It is well worth it I promise ;) Not feeling very healthy at the moment at all so can't wait for next week. Good luck to all of you!

Hi everyone! I started yesterday too. I've just learned about Whole 30 last week, but it seemed like such a good idea that I just dove in. I'm 38 have led a pretty unhealthy life as an adult, but I have spent the last few years of my life slowing making healthier choices. Started exercising 2 years ago. Quit smoking 1 1/2 years ago. Started running 1 year ago. I've never been much of sugar eater and I've always maintained a pretty healthy weight, but since I quit smoking, I've had this extra weight that I just can't seem to get rid of. I've also been realizing recently, that living in Wisconsin is no excuse for consuming the amount of beer that I do. Once I learned about Whole 30, it seemed like the perfect way to create a clean slate. Also, I have psoriasis and I'm curious to see what will happen with that as well.

Day 1 was not too bad. I can totally do this. :) We all can!

I love seeing all of the activity on this thread! So awesome how supportive and motivational the whole30 community is. 

How's everyone's day 2 going? Is anyone feeling that "hangover" stage? I feel great today but in my past whole30's, I usually experience the hangover more around days 5, 6, 7 or somewhere in there. 

Also, I wanted to share this amazing recipe that I used for dinner last night. I made zoodles (zucchini noodles) and put this delicious "alfredo sauce" on top and added chicken. This sauce was amazing and totally whole30 compliant. I used canned full fat coconut milk. Let me know if anyone tries this and what you think!

See the recipe here - http://tofu-n-sproutz.blogspot.com/2013/04/vegan-alfredo-cashew-cream-sauce.html

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Hello everyone, I am a 36 year old woman hoping to get through these long snowy winter days in Boston with a positive twist so I started my whole 30 on February 9. I have done the whole 30 twice in the past but have never used this forum. Looking forward to connecting with people online going through the same challenges.

Oh OOOOPS!  I was supposed to have lunch with a friend today, but her hubby's surgery took longer than expected - so, I made a run to the local international grocery and got lunch from the hot bar of Korean-style stir fry stuff.  Only took meat, vegetables, and pickles.  One bite of the pickles and I knew they were made with plenty o sugar - but then, to my dismay, when I finished lunch and went back to check with the chef about whether there was soy or anything else in there, I learned there was also sugar in the marinade for the beef....UGH....Just tetifying that it is essential to READ the labels or ASK about everything.

Hi everyone. I thought of you all yesterday when I started struggling on afternoon of day one. I wanted a diet soda or piece of gum - just something to put in my mouth. I managed to make it through with the help of some Pellegrino. The tough time for me is the later afternoon (3-5 p.m.). I also was feeling very crabby. I am not sure if that was Whole30 or life/work related. I don't feel any hangover yet. Interesting to hear that Kwaller1030 had the hangover phase later than days 2-3. How is day 2 going for everyone in this thread?

I really want sugar in the form of chocolate...and I've made TWO mistakes...one each day so far...first I used p Estonia to flavor some veggies last night, forgetting about the part cheese in it, and then the incident above. Hey, veterans, should I hang up my cleats on this one and just start over tomorrow as day one?

• Administrators

I really want sugar in the form of chocolate...and I've made TWO mistakes...one each day so far...first I used p Estonia to flavor some veggies last night, forgetting about the part cheese in it, and then the incident above. Hey, veterans, should I hang up my cleats on this one and just start over tomorrow as day one?

Hey mergthemagnificent,

You've had a few "mishaps" early on and now that you've taken in a dairy product I would have to say the recommendation would be to start over, dairy is one of the big ones for upsetting your reset.  

Perhaps you want to take some time to read some of our resources, familiarize yourself with the sneaky terms for sugar, get some food prepped so that you aren't going out for meals at the start (some find it easier to stay home at the beginning).  It would also be handy for you to go through your pantry and read all the ingredient labels and clearly mark or hide or toss the non compliant items so that you don't get burned.

Restarting is always your choice but as you are so near the beginning, it wouldn't hurt to either start over or call it a Whole32.

:)

Pretty good over here. Despite the miserable snow here in Boston (77 inches in ten days, I think, CRAZY). At one point today, I was SO hungry, but I think that was caused by not eating enough for lunch. I ate dinner early, but plan on going to bed early so that I won't feel too hungry later on.

Hope everyone is doing well! =) 

I'm feeling extremely tired today (day 2). On a more positive note, I made a quick and easy cereal type breakfast today with almond milk, chia seeds, nuts, raisins, vanilla essence and cinnamon. Let it all soak till the chia seeds are puffed up.

Did all of you take some "before" photos? Looking forward to all your success photos and stories in 28 days and counting!

• Administrators

Hey lise-mari, sorry you're feeling tired, trust that this is a common feeling at the beginning.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your cereal concoction, while technically ingredient-compliant, is not at all the trend we would want to see you going.

Check out our meal planning template which strongly recommends having protein, veggies and fat at all three meals.  Your chia pudding (sorry, it's not really cereal as much as pudding) doesn't fit the template at all.  Having a breakfast such as this is going to contribute to you lower energy, sugar cravings, premature hunger between meals etc.

Go for protein, veg and fat for breakfast, a quick google search of Whole30 breakfast will provide you with zillions of ideas!   :)

Hi everyone! So far so good here, although I have to say that I hit a wall this evening. I was playing with my daughter and in the matter of a second for no reason I felt DONE. I wanted to throw a child like tantrum and put myself to bed. Lol. Thankfully it lasted only a few minutes and I recovered, but man it was strange. i also miss gum too, because all of this meat makes me feel like I have caveman mouth. Lol.

Archived