Day 31 and Results

aorlflood

I do not feel that I am ready to re-introduce foods at this time, so I plan to continue eating on this food plan...hopefully, until it becomes just "the way I eat".

The "hard" results:

Weight:  -10 pounds
Measurements:  -11" 
  • Bust -1/4"
  • Waist -2 1/4"
  • Hips - 2"
  • Thighs - 2 1/4" total
  • Calves - 1 1/2" total
  • Upper Arms - 2" total
  • Neck - 3/4"
The "soft" results:
  • I'm off of my medication for GERD (Gastro-esophageal reflux disorder)...something I have suffered with for 30+ years and have been on medication for 20+ years.  (I have found that it does return when I eat grapefruit, though, but that is easily taken care of by a few drops of Digestzen essential oil by doTerra.)
  • Blood pressure has dropped by 10 points, both diastolic and systolic!
  • Resting heart rate is in the 60's!!  (It has been in the 80's for the last several years.)
  • No more ankle swelling.
  • No intestinal gas or bloating.
  • My insomnia is GONE.
  • I wake up feeling refreshed and energized.
  • I have more energy throughout the day and get more things accomplished.
  • I've learned to cook some very tasty and healthy recipes and have eaten some new foods for the first time ever!  
  • Food has FLAVOR without adding any sugar.
  • YES, I CAN drink my coffee with just unsweetened coconut milk added...no sweetener of any kind....and still enjoy it!  (Who knew???)
  • My sugar cravings have decreased by probably 80-90%.
  • My desire to eat out my frustrations or emotions has also decreased by 80-90%.
  • No afternoon brain-fog or sluggishness.
  • Improved/upbeat mood.
  • I've joined a fitness center and work-out a couple times a week...something I haven't been able to do since 2008!
I had my usual 6 month check-up with my cardiologist this week and he is quite pleased with the changes.  He wants to recheck my cholesterol after a few more weeks of eating this way and, if possible, he will make changes in both my cholesterol medication and my blood pressure medication.  In the meantime, I'm going to keep track of my blood pressure because if it drops any lower, it will be too low!  

What I have found to be IRONIC, is that EVERYONE agrees that the current American diet is very unhealthy.  However, in the next breath those very same people give me grief about "why did you stop eating 'fill-in-the-blank' "...the very foods that make up the contemporary American diet.  It seems that most people think you should continue to eat the contemporary American diet...just eat "less" of it.  Is "less poison" not just as bad for you as "poison"???

The "Before" and "After" pictures...I'm not sure that I can tell a difference in the pictures...which is very disappointing...but here they are...

post-61198-0-45634900-1423943057_thumb.j
post-61198-0-28833200-1423943088_thumb.j
post-61198-0-06978400-1423943097_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great job! What medication were you taking for GERD? I've been on prilosec for years. I tried to stop on Day 6 or 7 but the reflux came back with a vengeance.

The most recent medication I was on when I started the Whole30 was omeprazole.  I've been off of it since about the 3rd week.  :)  Hope you have similar results...may just take a little longer.  I've had GERD for 30 years, and had been on medication for the last 25 of those.  

Archived