I'm not sure if this is a success...

EmilyK

I've always enjoyed coffee (well, souped-up coffee) but I really became a Coffee Drinker about 3 years ago, but always with flavored creamer.  I think right now, in addition to not needing the pep in the mornings, I don't prefer it black.  So now I'm faced with wondering if I want to try it again next week with some half & half or heavy cream, or if I just want to let it go.

Not something I ever thought I would say.

Emily, I just finished my whole 30 and made myself a coffee with flavoured mocha creamer. I had half a cup before throwing out the coffee and the remaining creamer. It tastes terrible to me now. This made me both sad and happy. It made me realise that what I loved about coffee wasn't so much coffee, but probably a sugar craving. So now I'm re-assessing all of my rituals very carefully. Still sticking with the template meals though to help anchor everything.

Congrats on the coffee epiphany! :)

EmilyK, meet EmilieK ;)

I too am a coffee drinker and am wondering if I will forgo toward the end. I started March 4th and have found I can drink "blonde" or light roast coffee black and enjoy an iced ristretto americano black or an iced coffee black. I will sometimes blend in ghee or coconut oil at home if I only have dark roast. I do love the ritual of it, and currently am not peppy in the mornings (yet?). Even still, I will be working late night into the mornings and need to be peppy then...so we'll see.

I had exactly the same experience during my first whole 30 - wanted my morning coffee less and less. I did go back to drinking it afterwards (with milk) but this time am thinking about giving it up as a daily thing, maybe enjoying a really nice cup sometimes when out. I think it was the sweetness in the milk that I used to enjoy more than the coffee itself.

I've found that since I've upped the size of my breakfast/meal1 that I've no real inclination for the coffee (full fat latte, no sugar) I would have had at my desk when I first got into work. I like the social aspect of calling into the coffee shop and having a chat with the barista but these past few days I've barely touched the coffee. What I *am* enjoying is a good quality moka pot coffee at home when I first get the chance to sit down in the evening... I think it's just a matter of days before I kick the morning coffee habit completely.

• Administrators

I've found that since I've upped the size of my breakfast/meal1 that I've no real inclination for the coffee (full fat latte, no sugar) I would have had at my desk when I first got into work. I like the social aspect of calling into the coffee shop and having a chat with the barista but these past few days I've barely touched the coffee. What I *am* enjoying is a good quality moka pot coffee at home when I first get the chance to sit down in the evening... I think it's just a matter of days before I kick the morning coffee habit completely.

By "full fat latte" you mean made with something other than dairy, right? ;)

By "full fat latte" you mean made with something other than dairy, right? ;)

LOL, no..... but I *did* say 'would have had' as in pre-whole30!!  :D

(although I can see with my reference to meal1 how that might have been misconstrued....  :wacko: )

Archived