Energy green drink

nana

this is what my drink mix contains: Organic goji berry powder

maca premium powder Don't know what that is?

barley grass powder

alfalfa juice powder

chlorelia powder

spiritulina powder

cinnamon powder

vanilla powder

are these good ingredients and what is maca and chlorelia?

i am a thin woman who doesn't eat big portions of food and wondered if this could be helpful either on whole 30 or off whole 30.

my day is: B either eggs/meat sometimes vegetable  or leftovers from dinner today hamburger/green beans/sweet p fries small amts.         L: salad with greens sometimes tuna salad or chicken salad  or hotdog(found compliant) with sourkroutt

D: frittata, meat vegetable/lots of sweet potatoes

Snacks:  a few grapes or a few nuts or a 1/2 ban with almond butter

drinks maybe a decaf coffee and water thru out day

eat real food. seriously. you will not get better nutrition out of a powder than you will out of a vegetable, never ever.

• maca is a vegetable, similar to a radish. It is somewhat estrogenic, so, depending on your current hormonal status, taking in large amounts like you find in a supplement could be helpful or harmful.
  • chlorella is seaweed. it contains iodine and vitamin K, so, depending on your current levels of iodine and vitamin K, taking in large amounts could be good for thyroid health and blood clotting or the reverse.

Make a salad with sea veggies and radishes and you will be lightyears ahead in terms of nutrition.

Nana,  barley grass is a grass but can contain gluten.  The green parts make my stomach turn....I've tried green drinks preWhole 30.   

Web MD

How does it work?

Maca root contains many chemicals, including fatty acids and amino acids. However, there isn't enough information to know how maca might work.

Hormone-sensitive conditions such as breast canceruterine cancer,ovarian cancerendometriosis, or uterine fibroids: Extracts from maca might act like estrogen. If you have any condition that might be made worse by exposure to estrogen, do not use these extracts.

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-555-maca.aspx?activeingredientid=555&activeingredientname=maca

In addition to the points made above, regarding your note on snacks, if you are genuinely hungry between meals (litmus test: you could eat something bland like steamed fish and broccoli), the recommended snack is a mini-meal of protein, veg and fat. Nuts and nut butters are a fat source. Save fruit to have with or immediately your main meals only, not as part of a snack.

Archived