adjusted my food for Wed 4/15

alanwharty

Ok so I fibbed, I said I would get back in a few days but need to know....ok so I had my normal amount of lemon water and a green tea this morn.  Had 1 hard boiled egg and a half of an avacado about 20 minutes before spin (5:00 AM).  Got back from spin and had a big drink of coconut water with NO whey powder (7:00 AM).  Then I just had a Q of an onion and some carrots and another egg (7:15 AM).  I forgot my lettuce and turkey at home.  At around 8:30 AM I'm planning on the other half of the avacado and one more egg and a sweet potato ok?  Can I have a banana and a grapefruit right after this?  Then I'm done until I get home at around 3:00 PM and then I'll eat.  Don't worry....I won't have any white potatoes.  Then around 6:00ish maybe something else, can't think that far ahead yet.......   

This looks like a lot of mini meals, which is what we want you to avoid.

The hard boiled egg and avocado pre workout are fine, as is the coconut water post workout. 

You want to avoid the whole egg post workout. The guidance here is to have protein and carb, no fat.  The yolk in eggs is a fat.  Many folks choose chicken or tuna for their post workout protein.

At 8:30 am, that could be your meal 1.  You want that to be 1-2 palms of protein, 1-3 cups of veggies and a compliant fat. When eggs are your sole protein, the serving size is the number of eggs you can hold in one hand without dropping them. For most folks, that's 3-4 eggs. You want to create main meals that satiate you for 4-5 hours.   If you have a longer gap between main meals and are genuinely hungry (litmus test: you could eat something bland like steamed fish and broccoli), the guidance is to have a mini-meal of protein, veg and fat.

Go easy on the fruit. Fruit is optional on a Whole30, and if you're going to have it, the recommendation is 1-2 servings a day, where a serving is a whole piece of fruit the size of your fist. Don't let fruit push vegetables off your plate.

White potatoes are compliant on a Whole30.

• Moderators

Thanks, but you didn't see my initial new posts yesterday where I was hammered for eating too many white potatoes (and justfully so) as I was eating 3 or 4 a day!  I forgot food at home this morning and only brought 3 eggs, believe me, I would and could eat 4 at one setting easy but I had to spread them out today.      

Yeah, a big part of succeeding on a Whole30 is meal planning and prep.

Tomorrow's a new day. Plan out and prep your meals to avoid multiple mini meals. For best results and optimal hormonal balance, aim for 3 template-based meals daily (plus your pre and/or post workout fuel, as needed).

Where's the meat?  Where are the good quality proteins.   Eggs in my house are the 'horse divers', they're only one part of a quality breakfast.   Eggs, beef, bison, game, fish, and fowl, vegetables...and good dietary fats.  Fruit at the end if you really want one after eating real authentic food.

You've gotta belly up to the table and eat breakfast like a truck driver.  Review Mr. Denham's 'siggie' for the rules and all of the links.   Where are the real Whole 30 Template foods....where have all the flowers gone and why isn't meat the first and last thing that comes to mind before your head hits the pillow.

Alan, throw your whey protein powder into the wind.   Powdery industrially engineered proteins are denatured when they come in a can.    Real muscles don't come from artificial proteins, they come from meat, fish and fowl and horse divers.   Artificial proteins create artificial muscles... that won't stand up in a windstorm or raging blizzard.   You have to eat real foods for real muscles and authentic healing.

Hey all!  Wonderng if you could help me out again....I know we're supposed to make our own mayo.  That's just not going to happen too soon so in between I used store mayo.  Don't know if you're familiar with the Centrum brand?  It is organic and I saw no soy or sugar added or any names I couldn't pronounce.  Unless I missed something huge, you ok with this mayo?

• Administrators

Hey all! Wonderng if you could help me out again....I know we're supposed to make our own mayo. That's just not going to happen too soon so in between I used store mayo. Don't know if you're familiar with the Centrum brand? It is organic and I saw no soy or sugar added or any names I couldn't pronounce. Unless I missed something huge, you ok with this mayo?

Hey Alan, never heard of that brand and can't find it online. If you want to list out the ingredients, we can tell you if it's alright. Meantime if you have an immersion blender (stick blender) you can make mayo in about 90 seconds, start to finish. ;)

EDIT: did you mean "Spectrum" brand? If so, most of them have either soy oil, canola oil and some sort of sweetener, none of which would be alright for home use (canola is suitable if you have no other alternative when eating out.)

yes, I meant Spectrum....

If this is it http://www.vitacost.com/spectrum-naturals-organic-mayonnaise-16-fl-oz-1, no go on a Whole30 because it contains honey and soy.

There are a couple of commercially available compliant mayos:

- Tessemae's http://www.tessemaes.com/products/mayonaisse

- Primal Kitchen http://primalkitchen.com/products/mayo/

I personally haven't tried either, since I find it so easy and inexpensive to make my own mayo from extra light olive oil.

yes, I meant Spectrum....

Rutroh. :unsure:  :lol:     I haven't made any either, so you may have to use avocados for your dressing. I make this and I often omit (amost always) the coconut milk but use avocado and olive oil together with the savory spices, substituting fresh lemons or limes for the vinegar.

Ranch Variation: Egg-Free Ranch

• 1/2 cup avocado oil or extra light olive oil
  • 1/2 cup full fat unsweetened coconut milk, blended if separated
  • 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
  • 1 tbsp dried herbs or handful chopped fresh herbs (my favorite to use are dill, followed by cilantro and/or parsley)

Blend it all in blender, refrigerate over night to thicken

- See more at: http://whole30.com/2014/08/mayo-ghee-sauces/#sthash.2ucxkMd3.dpuf

Archived