Dirty Thirty "Roundup and Ride"!

dcducks1

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes we are doing well! Took Kiddo to the dentist today and she did very well. no crying screaming or biting. she sat in the chair by herself and let the dental student brush her teeth and put the floride on! 8 months ago it took us 35 mins to just get her to sit on my lap then another 15 to let her dental student look in the mouth!

I'm home from the grocery store.   I almost made a Whole 30 PoPo Citizen's Arrest in the parking lot.   I sat in my car and watched a woman consume an entire foot long sub all by herself.  It was made with a large loaf of french bread.   This was not a branded sub but one made in the store.   It had everything on it and it was enormous.

• You have the right to remain silent.  You cannot talk because your mouth is full of bread

• Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.

• You have the right to an attorney.

• If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you.

I wanted to go over and knock on the window.   Miss,  I need to ARREST YOUR THOUGHT PROCESS RIGHT NOW!

Miss, you don't want quality of food...you want quantity.   That's what a binge is.   You want that stuffed to the brim-over-the-top feeling but it's not about the food.   Miss, if you would've eaten an entire bag of lettuce and/or fresh vegetable mix...it would have accomplished what you were looking for.  You want to feel stuffed....like really stuffed. 

Miss...I'm not here to make you feel guilty or judged.  I'd like to help you out of this endless loop of food addiction/binge cycle.

Miss - how comforting was that sub sandwich?  You might've enjoyed the first bite or two but is it really worth the conflicting emotions  Before?   During?   After?  What were you hoping to get out of an entire loaf of french bread and 3 lbs of cold cuts?   

How about working on the stressful, emotional situation that brought you to this place today.   Have I got a program for you.   Whole 30.

I would've written her out a ticket with nothing but the website and forum addy.   It made me feel deflated to see her do that to herself.   She was oblivious and unmindful of her surroundings.  She was checked out to the Binge Zone.

The Binge Zone is alot like the Hotel California.  You can check out but you can never leave ...not without some help.

Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said "We are all just prisoners here, of our own device"
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax, " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "

Once again, Nadia's words were ringing in my ears.   This applies to any trigger food we might have.

Posted by Nadia B on 21 April 2015 - 01:31 PM

Sad news - if something is like crack to you you probably have a real emotional attachment to it and proooobably don't need it all that much. Good news - a lot of people managed just fine and there is not better time for you to try and give it up entirely. It's actually a no science miracle here. You will probably be so distracted by planning, shopping and cooking, that the absence of coffee will be less and less painful. As the energy (and hormones) will be balancing out, you will notice that it will become take it or leave it kind of deal. 

Thanks. I'm loving this already. All the flavors and textures are amazing. :)

I see you have a food log and that's good.   They're not monitored but if you're open to comments and tweaks from the Mods/members ...for the BIG WIN,  you'll be leaps and bounds ahead.  Keeping an open mind about the entire process will get you where you want to be. 

It really can be a mindless reach for something! I almost caved today. But, got a chicken and kale salad instead. Going shopping tomorrow. Even tho I am not on a formal whole 30 since coming home from the hospital I have found that Im eating better. None of the stuff I was eating before.

Archived