Dirty Thirty "Roundup and Ride"!

dcducks1

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goregous pictures & sounds today Meadow - I didn't 'like' them individually for fear that my connection would cut at any time - still no dial tone, and I suspect it will be this way until tomorrow....

Had a lovely afternoon visiting with my Ex Father in Law, and with my Dad. Having no broadband meant I got all my chores & food prep out of the way without distraction this morning, so I'm just about to sit down for supper, and aim for an early night.

Caught up pretty much on this thread, but lots of catching up to do across the forums!

Hope you've all been spoiling your Daddys - what would we do without them...  :wub:

Hope that everyone enjoyed Father's Day and relaxed Its fairly warm here tonight that tropical system was here and gone but left us with humidity and heat No complaints I'll take it over snow any day!

We are catching fresh air sitting on the patio ..in between the neighbors smokin grill lol

After a nice family day he had we visited with the old folks toooo keeping everyone happy

Jmcbn my sister in law and her husband just returned from their beautiful trip to your Ireland They stayed at the Dromoland Castle 3 nights in Shannon she said it was absolutely spectacular!

In Cork The hayfield manor inn

In Dublin The Westbury

They Went to a milk farm and the family took all 38 tourists into their home Served scones and Irish bread and talked and visited all about the history of their generational farm

They also saw a Concert in very famous cathedral whole family played bagpipes all musical instruments

They took in Jameson whisky factory tour

She wanted you to know just how much they loved it

Back in the office and praying my broadband is sorted by the time I get home - amazing how much we rely on it!!

My eldest has a power point presentation to prepare for school tomorrow & he needs to save images to add to it - no internet, no images, no power point!!  :wacko: 

Of course he's know about the assignment for a week but thought he'd leave it to the last minute - again! Lessons learned....  ;)

In food news my mayo was a disaster this week. Forgot I was only making a single batch, added a double batch worth of ACV & it wouldn't emulsify... It's in a mason jar in my fridge in the hope that SpinSpin (or anyone else in the know!!) can help me save it.... :ph34r:

Good morn Jmcbn

Usually when I make mayo I squeeze a strained whole lemon into my bender and let the Dijon blend and "hangout" a few mins then I add 2 yolks 1 whole egg blend to liquefy let sit a min before adding oil slo drizzle idk if you

May do the same SpinSpin will know better

Yeah, I make it every week MeGa, but just mix up what spices I add, or sometimes add crushed garlic. I just accidentally went overboard on the ACV this week and not sure if I can save it by adding more of something else - or more of everything....!! I'd hate to chuck it if it can be saved...........

Good morning all! Back in the saddle and ready to ride this morning.

Hope you al had a great Fathers Day. I took two long naps this weeked besides sleeping well at night.

Digestion seems to be back in order. At work early. First meeting is 70 miles from our house. Dont mind too much cause we get to ride together for most of it.

Excited about upcoming day 30. Dont plan on stopping but feel accomplished.

Sorry about your connection issues jmcbn - could not work without a connection.

Made lunches for DH and son this morning. Just the little bit of Whole 30 has rubbed off on son and he has lost inches from his waist. Think it is easier at 23, LOL.

DH is looking good. His waist is smaller too,

LissFish - are you drinking coffee?  :D

Nope :) No coffee since last week. Woo hoo! Been starting my morning with a little lemon and mint infused water. 

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I stayed in town Saturday but didn't stay home. It was too warm in the house, better to stay outdoors. So I took my pup on a hike up the mountain. We went with a friend and her pup too. Went looking for the waterfall but since monsoon season hasn't started yet there wasn't one. We could hear the water running underneath us though. We went about 3.5 miles, then took the pups to the dog park and by the duck pond for a quick dip. Felt good to be moving. Went to the ranch Sunday for Father's Day cookout. They still try to offer me cake but I'm getting so good at declining. Helps that it was freakin' hot up there and the last thing I wanted to do was eat. 

I was so motivated from the hike that I took the pup for a walk this morning before work. Tomorrow I'm going to get up a little earlier so I can enjoy more of the cooler air. I just need to work on pre and post workout meals + breakfast. That's a whole lot of food in the morning! lol 

I'll try to post pics from my hike later. 

Great job LissFish! Sounds like you are moving and shakin! We love our pups

Meadow! I'm drinking swamp green over ice right now finished lunch

Today was shopping day so I bought a bunch of herbal teas just made some black tea with lemon I'll use as ice tea in the morning to wake up again 4:30 am cooking for the guys in order to function!

Mega and Jmcbn -- Take a whole egg, and blitz it up and then slowly, slowly, s.l.o.w.l.y drizzle in your mayo. You may want to add additional mustard, salt and pepper. It may not be as thick as regular mayo, but it won't be runny. This also works well for broken mayo too. 

DreamWeavers - how ya doin' today?  Hope you had a great Father's Day.   Same to everyone...SpinSpin, Kelli, jmcbn, LissFish, MegaG, Denise.

We had grilled steaks, lovely greens with the usual suspects.   Berries for condiments and nuts for decorations.  Baked taters, roasted brussels with bacon bits.   It was fab.  My Paw cried.  We bought him some gifts that he enjoyed.  I gave him a nice watch.   I never blubber in the presence of my folks...as it brings on fear and anxiety.  Fear is contagious.  Bear is tough and I remain stoic  until I'm high upon the ridge.

11350572_1007596932598420_45199904975903

Then I really let loose.  It's tough to see the folkaronies getting older.

I'm a Daddy's girl.  

dcducks Dave - Hope you had a wonderful Father's Day.  

Thanks for the mayo tipSpinSpin I'm sure Jmcbn will be pleased to know it can be saved!

I swear sometimes my GSD has more hound in him he drools sometimes and woofs and what a nose he tracks all the time he'd have made a great search dog but we'd never give him up

Archived