Starting May 11th

Debzella

Thank you, MeGA.  :)

If you like andouille or any compliant sausage and your family enjoys leftovers
have you considered roasting up a good quantity in the oven along with
Maybe compliant smaller sized meatballs boneless skinless Chicken thighs after it browns a bit in compliant fat add onion peppers celery and whole peeled tomatoes and red orcyukon potatoes with a bit of bone broth
Cook until tender
You'll have plenty of leftovers and breakfast goodies to pull out or for their sandwiches too

Great ideas! and the chicken thighs sound amazing!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone! I have an achievement to announce! I am wearing a size smaller pants! I'm shocked and amazed! I worked so hard for the past year to try to get in my "normal" pant size with restricting calories and exercising so much and nothing! But when I eat Whole 30, and a lot of food (compared to what I was eating) I can fit into my pants! I'm sure I'm losing weight, but I am trying to stay true to the program and not weigh myself! Awesome accomplishment! 

However, last night I felt a bit emotional. My AF is here, so I think I am reaching out for comfort food. I did make some curly fries (only a couple) in the oven and that helped me from binging on the popcorn and other items in the house. I did feel a bit guilty about it, but the veggies I made with last nights dinner had lima beans in them, so I only had chicken and some lettuce/spinach. 

I am waking up refreshed and sleeping really well! I am feeling great! 

Good for you Nickiechan

I'm

wondering the emotions

Are you eating starchy carbs with every meal?

Might help to include them with your meal and added compliant fat so you might not

Tend to snack

Hope this helps

I am learning to eat a bigger breakfast. My 'old' way of eating I would skip breakfast or even just have a banana or a yogurt... so eating 3 eggs, peppers & onions and a banana is large for me. I would like to even bump some more veggies for breakfast. I am trying to get my starchy veggies into every meal. I am not afraid of the potatoes because I also get migraines so I was told to keep those up. I've been trying to incorporate at least one starchy veggies in one of my meals. I think it was a mixture of "Kill all the Things" or my 1 year old trying to feed me her helping of popcorn. LOL... 

Yeah Nickiechan

One year olds are so much fun miss those days

I don't know about you but eating a fruit with M 1 leaves me hungrier all day so I've chosen avocado instead and left the fruit with dinner M3 if at all

IMG_5907_zps39111e11.jpg

I do have some avocados at home. I am kind of a newbie in the kitchen. How do you keep avocados after you cut them? Do I have to eat the whole thing? Do you just eat them raw? 

Well I buy has and keep them firm to the touch in fridge I find if thumb indents slightly on the skin they're ready so yes I do eat half sometimes

Run them or keep cut side down in fresh lemon or lime juice and finish at another meal

Or you can mash them with lemon or lime add red pepper or cayenne salt pepper and olives crushed can leave 1 day if can't finish this all

Roarrrrr! Yep, tiger blood has arrived and kept me energized all night hmmm!?!? Hope I can tame it to sleep tonight ha ha!

I'm so glad that nausea phase has passed. I feel like a million bucks, even with restless sleep!

Nickie- leave the pit in the half you don't eat. That helps too. The thing is with avocado's they have a small window of goodness:

Monday: not ripe

Tuesday: not ripe

Wednesday: not ripe

Thursday: spoiled!

You missed the opportunity at 4:00 am Thursday!

Ha ha ha! Erghhh!

Have a great day- later!

Yay, Jeanie and CC! You are my light at the end of the tunnel, as I anxiously await the arrival of my tiger. lol. I think I hear a faint roar in the next clearing over. The fog is lifting, and I'm perking up and realizing there is a life out there! I want to do something that doesn't involve food today! 

Was that a rrawrrrr? 

Welcome, J2daessica! And Nickie? A pants size down? Woot!

DAY SEVEN

M1: BoC: sautéed veggies, ground beef 2 eggs plopped on top and baked + fingerling potatoes + kombucha

BEST THING SO FAR FOR ME: no snacking. HOW CAN THAT BE?! 

Welcome J2d!

WOW:

If you like andouille or any compliant sausage and your family enjoys leftovers have you considered roasting up a good quantity in the oven along with Maybe compliant smaller sized meatballs boneless skinless Chicken thighs after it browns a bit in compliant fat add onion peppers celery and whole peeled tomatoes and red orcyukon potatoes with a bit of bone broth

multi-meat. I've always been a little scared of mixing "animals", but it sounds delicious! I'd throw in some carrots too, they roast gorgeously. I was raised mostly veg and even though I started eating meat about 15 years ago, (has it really been that long?!) I still feel like a tourist in the world of meats. My go-to's are chicken (for roasting), ground beef, and fish (salmon, tilapia, shrimp - the easies). 

I would love to branch out. Anyone have any lamb or pork recipes to share? I'm thinking of buying some... and really looking forward to trying DEBZ's coconut curry thing - DEBZ: can you repost recipe or link? I've been looking for it, but no can find. 

NIKKIE: re: avocado - when they are ripe, they feel a little soft, the skin gives a little. And they are basically black in color. I don't usually buy too many at once, because I don't eat them in time. Be careful of opening it before it's ripe, as I don't think they ripen once you cut into them. As for storing, I keep the pit in (it's a magic freshness maintainer - when I make guac I even put the pit in the center of the bowl to keep the guac fresh before serving) and wrap saran wrap tightly over exposed side. It can stay good a couple days, if it lasts that long uneaten!  ;)

Oh my goodness I drop off for a few days - actually lost somewhere in the kitchen under all the bowls, pots and pans and there are sooooo many posts - Lauriem I was so glad to read that Daisy is feeling better, Debzella, Nickiechan and others cooking up a storm, Jeanie and CC feeling the tiger blood - everything is just coming up roses!   :)

It is after MN and I just had to hop on before another day went by without checking in. 

I made the chicken chowder from the book - super yummy that was dinner last night and lunch today.

Tomorrow I have an easy day leftover Chinese style cauliflower rice for breakfast with egg muffins; the end of the chowder for lunch and the rest of the chicken cacciatore for dinner.

I have been good, feeling better but still no tiger around here! I do have to admit to having SWMPO though - having a little sweet treat after dinner - banana mashed topped with a date or two a couple of nights in a row last week (perhaps this is why the tiger is dawdling?) - tonight I did not have anything after dinner and no desire for it either. 

Help needed please - I went all over town looking for fish sauce without sugar and finally found it - I took a photo of the label but I cant wee where to post the picture the pop up dialogue box asks for a URL - so I will try to explain:

the ingredient list says Anchovy Fish Extract, Salt, Water

the nutrition information says sugars 0g per serve and 0.0g per 100g

and the nutrition facts says: Sugars 0.5g per serve 15ml ... how can this be? ... is it compliant or no?

also wondering whether I can have sweet potato vermicelli - ingredients : sweet potato starch but nutrition facts says 10g sugar per serve. ... I suspect a no to the vermicelli and I await a response before using either product.

day 11 tomorrow keep up the good work everyone. :)

Help needed please - I went all over town looking for fish sauce without sugar and finally found it - I took a photo of the label but I cant wee where to post the picture the pop up dialogue box asks for a URL - so I will try to explain:

and the nutrition facts says: Sugars 0.5g per serve 15ml ... how can this be? ... is it compliant or no?

also wondering whether I can have sweet potato vermicelli - ingredients : sweet potato starch but nutrition facts says 10g sugar per serve. ... I suspect a no to the vermicelli and I await a response before using either product.

Do you have a whole foods near you? I've seen compliance fish sauce there. It's called "Red Boat" (I think it's mentioned here on the forums as well as being W30 compliant). 

The ingredients list rules in a Whole30. So for the fish sauce you listed, it's fine.  (Sugar in the nutrition facts in this case would be the naturally occurring sugar in the anchovies.)

On the sweet potato vermicelli, while technically compliant, nutritionally it's not the best choice, as the sweet potato starch is highly processed.  Better to make your own similar sweet potato dishes with a julienne or spiralizing gadget. 

Hello New Folks!

I decided to make the Mayo from the book - OMG! It came out so fluffy! I'm quite proud of myself  :D Now to to get up the nerve to taste it! 

​I was a cooking fool today as well! Made 6 hard boiled eggs, an egg frittata, Sweet potato hash, and Mayo! Wow, is it time for bed yet?

So, when do we get over the crabbiness? I've been a little witch this weekend (replace the "w" with a "b")! Hubby can't wait to go to work tomorrow.  :wacko:  

Hang in there LaurieM

Happy Week Two Everyone!!

That mayo is really good.  And with Memorial Day weekend coming up I'm going to make some for a batch of potatoe salad.  Yum.

On to day 9 for me! Made the Whole30 chili last night and it is scrumptious! My husband even asked me if he was going to get any because it was so good! It made 2+ servings so I boxed them up for today's lunch and leftovers. Sent some with the husband just for fun! Also made another batch of mayo last night...this time I didn't use as much lemon and enjoy it even more! I think I'm going to try and make the ranch dressing, too, at some point this week.  

It's nice to hear of everyone's success! Way to go, NickieChan on your announcement! I haven't been feeling those drastic of results yet...just less bloating and intestinal discomfort. Hopefully, more will come in the near future! Usually by this point in the past, I would've quit because I wanted FAST results but I know this will help my overall health and will keep pushing through. I do feel like I have a little more energy today....so, we're on the up and up!

Going out with the girls tonight for dinner and a movie...I already checked out the restaurant menu and they have gluten and dairy free options! Makes me more excited to go - AND I brought my blueberries with for the movie so I am not tempted to eat the buttery popcorn!

Bricky i think as long as its not in the ingredients ie added in, its ok as some things have sugar in them naturally. Not sure what vermicelli is so can't comment on that. Im scottish remember?!

Glad to hear everyone is still going strong. Go us!

Feeling better than yesterday. Went to bed at 8:45 and slept till 5:15. Still waiting for the tiger blood, maybe tomorrow?

Away to make dinner spicey pork with onions and apples roast veg.

Oh BTW Franks hot sauce yummmmmmie!

Day 10 tomorrow 1/3 of the way.

Found it, St.Sophia! I'm planning on making it tonight too, but tonight I'm putting bison burgers on top. Great minds….  :)

Thanks, Sidcianicliff. I made up the recipe for the eggplant. I sautéed onion and garlic in olive oil and then added a medium eggplant chopped into 1/2" cubes. I sautéed that for a few minutes with 1/2 tsp. of Garam Masala. It's an Indian spice blend which is fairly spicy. I also added 1 tsp. of ground turmeric. You could add more or less of each if you wanted to. Then I added a can of compliant fire-roasted tomatoes and a chopped up carrot (to take the place of chick peas) Salt to taste and the juice of one lemon. (I actually slice the lemon and cook it right in with everything else but a lot of people don't like that strong lemon taste.) I simmered it all until the eggplant was done (about 20 minutes) and then topped it with a handful of fresh sliced basil leaves. I served it with pan-browned chicken drumsticks.  :)

Well, I think my tiger may be here.

After breakfast, I went out and washed my car. By hand. With a washcloth. And then I dried it with an old flannel sheet.

Now, I'm turning up the alt rock on the Pandora and pulling everything out of my cupboards and deep cleaning the kitchen. (Has it really been six years since I've done that? Who is this person?!?)

I hope this lasts. My whole house will be clean!  :)

Hello all!

Wow so many posts!!  Glad everyone is doing well and starting to feel better. 

I'm feeling good.  BUT.. I do have to start over....  today is day one.  I ate Paleo the whole weekend but I'm sure that some of the resturant food I ate was non compliant.   SIGH... 

Resturant number 1:  I ordered chicken over salad  and asked for BV and EVOO.. She brought me basalmic vingarette.  I'm sure it probably had sugar in it..   I went ahead and ate it with the salad.  (I had asked them to make plain chicken breast and not the marinated chicken that was supposed to come with it.)   

Resturant number 2:  after my 10K  I was starving!!   So we went to brunch, ordered  eggs, hashbrowns, meat.  U guessed it!  sausage and bacon.. I'm sure was not compliant. (at least I didn't eat the cheetos, chips,pretzels and choc milk, and beer or soda offered at the end of the run. I just had the banana and water and my own lara bar) 

Resturant number 3: another breakfast meal..   bacon I'm sure was non compliant.

Also Chipotle didn't have carnitas!!  So got the chicken instead..  :(  again non compliant... 

( wow looking at the list I am a repeat offender. sorry guys lol)  Lesson learned.. don't eat out!

But I had a great time and had a great 10K!   I feel good that I did stay with whole foods.  It's unfortunate that sugar is in everything.. even things it shouldn't be in... :(    I'm am not beating myself up about it. 

If you don't mind I plan to stay with the group so that I can stay encouraged. :)  You're all a great supportive group!

Sidcianicliff, you were in a tough situation and did the best you could. It would have been tough to find much to eat at all. I think you did great with your food choices, especially after a 10k!i think I maybe would've gone off the rails completely as a "reward". But I guess that's exactly what we're trying to change during these 30+ days.

Congratulations on your 10k!

Ok, so was still feeling great this morning and the "kill all the things" just hit me again! I have a headache and feel out of it. I'm also already hungry and I ate lunch at around 2 pm. It's now 5 pm. For lunch I had a heaping helping of sauteed cabbage with sauteed apples, onions, and a chicken sausage link. I accompanied that with about a 1.5 cups of roasted broccoli and a couple tablespoons of W30 mayo. I also had a hard boiled egg. Am I missing something? I feel like I hit all of the aspects of the template....

Anywho, going to drink a lot of water and hold off eating M3 until I get home from work at around 7. Just a little frustrated because I thought the lunch would keep me going for at least the 4-5 hours. 

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming!

Hope everyone else's Day 9 is going well!!

Ok, so was still feeling great this morning and the "kill all the things" just hit me again! I have a headache and feel out of it. I'm also already hungry and I ate lunch at around 2 pm. It's now 5 pm. For lunch I had a heaping helping of sauteed cabbage with sauteed apples, onions, and a chicken sausage link. I accompanied that with about a 1.5 cups of roasted broccoli and a couple tablespoons of W30 mayo. I also had a hard boiled egg. Am I missing something? I feel like I hit all of the aspects of the template....

Anywho, going to drink a lot of water and hold off eating M3 until I get home from work at around 7. Just a little frustrated because I thought the lunch would keep me going for at least the 4-5 hours. 

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming!

Hope everyone else's Day 9 is going well!!

wish i could be more helpful... i'm going through exactly the same thing today. woke up feeling great, but by afternoon, had to will myself to wait for lunch to eat. Not to mention, I really wanted to go to the gym today, first time since starting W30, but I was just too tired -- I'm lying in bed instead with a baby headache.

For me, I think the culprit with this is twofold: (1) not enough fat in M1 & M2, and (2) what I ate (or didn't eat) yesterday. Take a look at what you ate yesterday -- moderators have remarked that it's not just from the last meal or two, it's cumulative from previous days... ? good luck init with finishing out the day strong!

Archived