Starting May 26

pennylane14

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG! Cashew Hummus.  It could seriously turn into food without breaks, so I'm only eating 1 carrot's worth.  But am totally double dipping!

and I'm not embarrassed to say that I'm eating it directly out of the food processor....it's still warm.  :wub:

I was at Costco today and saw cashew hummus!  Couldn't believe my eyes!  Then I looked at the ingredients and stopped reading when I saw a noncompliant ingredient.  I believe it was sugar!  Boo! 

I am so glad it was mentioned that Costco had some w30-compliant items and I made sure to look for them.  And buy some!  :D

Feeling good and so much better in a pair of shorts that felt too snug last week.  Since I'm not weighing progress on the scale, I'm paying attention to other things that show I'm progressing and feeling better.  By jove, I think I'm getting it! 

Hi Everybody,

Wow today is Day 7 for me….who would of ever thought I'd make it this far.  Yeah for me! 

Yay for you!  You'll always be a day ahead of me -- thanks for blazing the trail!  ;)

Since Costco has been mentioned, let's share our favorite Whole30 things to buy at Costco? I admit that Costco is a must-visit at the beginning of each whole30, and here are my staples:

1. Avocado Oil

2. Aidell's Chicken Apple Sausage (so much cheaper here!)

3. Casual Gourmet Red Pepper Sausage

4. Marinara sauce (read your labels! I bought Victoria this time)

5. Prosciutto (read your labels)

6. Wholly Guacamole minis (great for lunch or on top of salads!)

7. Tableside Guacamole (I freeze them and take them to get-togethers if I need a quick appetizer)

8. Sweet potatoes (didn't have them last time, but I usually get a 10 lb bag for a SONG)

9. Frank's Red Hot (addicted to this stuff)

10. Sparkling water (we have the Deer Park flavored sparkling water, so good!)

11. Canned diced tomatoes

Anyone else have Costco faves? And suggest a store you're interested in hearing about (I'm thinking Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, but I'm sure there are other regional stores y'all know about!).

Day 7! The weekend at my parents was a lot of fun, and not hard to stay compliant. I ate more fruit than I usually do, but I hadn't eaten any fruit in my first 4 days. My family is pretty big on snacking, but I wasn't even tempted to. I went for a 6 mile run yesterday and felt great! 

So nice to see everyone's updates and suggestions (Pennylane, I don't have any Costco suggestions but I'm curious to see if anyone adds to your list!).

I just steamed a huge batch of cabbage and dark greens. I'll put them in the fridge and then use them over the next few days. Generally I add them to bone broth so that if I'm really rushed, I can do some eggs (with ghee) and broth with the greens and I'm set. Makes me feel better just knowing they're in the fridge! 

All going smoothly for me and I think I'm starting to notice quicker recovery from stress - very, very nice :)

Hi Everybody,

Day 8 and all is going well!  Woke up this morning feeling very awake and ready to face the day.  Thus far I've worked on the laundry (it's an all day affair), got my shopping done at Whole Foods, got the crock pot going with a compliance Chocolate Chile (should be interesting…I'll keep you posted as to how it goes), made some ground beef with compliant marinara sauce (will use it this week by putting it over sautéed veggies for lunch….was get pretty tired of the Chicken Protein salad), and hard boiled my eggs for the week.

Today:

Meal 1:  hard boiled eggs over a bed of greens with balsamic vinaigrette

Meal 2:  ground beef with compliant marinara sauce and sautéed veggies

Meal 3:  chocolate chille with a side salad

Hope to get my 10,000 steps in today between the laundry, we finally have some decent weather although it's a bit chilly for June 1st.

Have a great day everyone…we're doing great! 

Almost forgot I like the precooked grilled Chicken Breast from Costco.

Since Costco has been mentioned, let's share our favorite Whole30 things to buy at Costco? I admit that Costco is a must-visit at the beginning of each whole30, and here are my staples:

1. Avocado Oil

2. Aidell's Chicken Apple Sausage (so much cheaper here!)

3. Casual Gourmet Red Pepper Sausage

4. Marinara sauce (read your labels! I bought Victoria this time)

5. Prosciutto (read your labels)

6. Wholly Guacamole minis (great for lunch or on top of salads!)

7. Tableside Guacamole (I freeze them and take them to get-togethers if I need a quick appetizer)

8. Sweet potatoes (didn't have them last time, but I usually get a 10 lb bag for a SONG)

9. Frank's Red Hot (addicted to this stuff)

10. Sparkling water (we have the Deer Park flavored sparkling water, so good!)

11. Canned diced tomatoes

Anyone else have Costco faves? And suggest a store you're interested in hearing about (I'm thinking Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, but I'm sure there are other regional stores y'all know about!).

You mentioned all the ones I could think of.  I just went on Saturday and bought the prosciutto and avocado oil (two bottles!!) along with other staples, i.e. Balsamic Vinegar, eggs, meat, fish, etc.

I tried to make the homemade mayo yesterday in my Vitamix...major fail as it was almost boiling by the time I finished pouring in all the oil :( . I was really excited to make a chicken or tuna salad. Now it will have to wait until the weekend as the week days are just too hectic. 

Other than that, I'm feeling pretty good and getting used to not have bread (that was/is my biggest challenge, I need a piece of bread with everything)! I actually ate eggs with veggies and tea for breakfast and didn't feel like I was missing something for the first time! Big change for me.

One week down!  WooHoo!

I don't have a membership to Costco.  :(  I'd love some prosciutto, but the store brands by me all have added sugar.

Chey, what do you use avocado oil on?  I tried some in homemade mayo and didn't like the flavor.  

I had breakfast this morning at the same time as I always do (6:30am) and then went about my day.  It wasn't until 1:30pm that I looked at the clock because I was starting to get hungry! That's 7 hours!  I typically go 5, but 7 might be a new record.  My breakfast was 3 eggs over medium, about 3/4 C. sweet potato hash, and about 1 C. swiss chard with olive oil.  

Seems like we've lost some people.....where is everyone??

Am I the only one who's on day 7 and still has nooooo energy??

My day 7 was really low energy for me. Today day 8 has been great. Hope your energy picks up soon....just keep with it, don't give up.

You mentioned all the ones I could think of.  I just went on Saturday and bought the prosciutto and avocado oil (two bottles!!) along with other staples, i.e. Balsamic Vinegar, eggs, meat, fish, etc.

I tried to make the homemade mayo yesterday in my Vitamix...major fail as it was almost boiling by the time I finished pouring in all the oil :( . I was really excited to make a chicken or tuna salad. Now it will have to wait until the weekend as the week days are just too hectic. 

Other than that, I'm feeling pretty good and getting used to not have bread (that was/is my biggest challenge, I need a piece of bread with everything)! I actually ate eggs with veggies and tea for breakfast and didn't feel like I was missing something for the first time! Big change for me.

Hey Chey,

I made the mayo today in my vitamix. But, I ran the speed very low, because of the heat that happens at the higher rates used to make soup. So, try it at the lower speed when you make it the next time. Good luck!!

One week down! WooHoo!

I don't have a membership to Costco. :( I'd love some prosciutto, but the store brands by me all have added sugar.

Chey, what do you use avocado oil on? I tried some in homemade mayo and didn't like the flavor.

I had breakfast this morning at the same time as I always do (6:30am) and then went about my day. It wasn't until 1:30pm that I looked at the clock because I was starting to get hungry! That's 7 hours! I typically go 5, but 7 might be a new record. My breakfast was 3 eggs over medium, about 3/4 C. sweet potato hash, and about 1 C. swiss chard with olive oil.

I use avocado oil for most of my cooking since I don't care for taste of coconut oil in my food and I heard it has a higher cooking temp tolerance than olive oil. I used it in my mayo today and didn't notice its taste.

Well I must admit I was feeling pretty cocky. The first week passed like a breeze and I felt great, better than great. Today, day 7, I'm dragging and with a pretty bad headache all day. Also feeling pretty grumpy, but I think it's mostly because of the headache. I haven't had any cravings or other issues. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Yesterday was bad for me.  I worked out and felt so weak.  And then went to bed at 8:30pm.  So no, you're not the only one.  It gets better.  Is this your first Whole30?  My first Whole30 I skipped a few workouts because I was SO tired.  

Anyone notice any improvements yet??!!  My face looks less wrinkly! Or maybe it's just my eyes look brighter.  Anyway....it's an improvement.

Have a great day 8!

Anyone notice any improvements yet??!!  My face looks less wrinkly! Or maybe it's just my eyes look brighter.  Anyway....it's an improvement.

Because of my butter use on our first days, I'm now on Day 6 - so a few behind all of you - but still, I definitely have steadier energy (and emotions) through the day. And things just seem simpler somehow; I don't fuss so much.

Good morning everyone,

Day 9 for me. Yesterday my Tiger Blood kicked in....I was a maniac all day. I can't remember when I was able to get so much done in one day and still have energy at the end of the day. Patience everyone your tiger blood will arrive soon.

Today...

Meal 1: hard boiled eggs over a bed of greens with olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Meal 2: left over chocolate chilli with a tossed salad

Meal 3: ground beef with compliant marinara sauce over a bed of sautéed veggies

Have a great day!

Happy day 8, all!! 

My food dreams are INSANE. Last night the dream was: a church function, and I kept moving cakes from table to table, and anytime a plate was empty I would scrape the extra icing off and eat it. I have literally woken up every morning thinking I've broken Whole30. 

To those who are feeling sluggish--make sure you're eating enough and perhaps add in a starchy veg if you're not currently eating one. 

I'm having digestive problems that I had my first Whole30, so I think I actually need to cut back on the fat a bit (have had some nut-based things like the cashew hummus lately) and start using digestive enzymes again (used them on my first Whole30).

Stay strong everyone! If you break Whole30, start over again right away (and feel free to stay in our group, the community regardless of what day you're on is so beneficial). 

One week down!  WooHoo!

I don't have a membership to Costco.  :(  I'd love some prosciutto, but the store brands by me all have added sugar.

Chey, what do you use avocado oil on?  I tried some in homemade mayo and didn't like the flavor.  

I had breakfast this morning at the same time as I always do (6:30am) and then went about my day.  It wasn't until 1:30pm that I looked at the clock because I was starting to get hungry! That's 7 hours!  I typically go 5, but 7 might be a new record.  My breakfast was 3 eggs over medium, about 3/4 C. sweet potato hash, and about 1 C. swiss chard with olive oil.  

I used it for the mayo and I think it would have tasted pretty good to me but I didn't get the chance to find out :-(. I also use it on my salads with some balsamic vinegar and as an oil to sauté veggies.

I'm with you! I don't feel as blah as I was feeling but I'm not feeling as great as I thought I would be by this time...I am glad that I don't have any crazy cravings though I do miss bread a WHOLE lot!

Hey Chey,

I made the mayo today in my vitamix. But, I ran the speed very low, because of the heat that happens at the higher rates used to make soup. So, try it at the lower speed when you make it the next time. Good luck!!

Thank you Rosalind! I decided that this was my excuse to buy an immersion blender so I'll pretend I didn't see your advice. :D

Yesterday was bad for me. I worked out and felt so weak. And then went to bed at 8:30pm. So no, you're not the only one. It gets better. Is this your first Whole30? My first Whole30 I skipped a few workouts because I was SO tired.

Anyone notice any improvements yet??!! My face looks less wrinkly! Or maybe it's just my eyes look brighter. Anyway....it's an improvement.

Have a great day 8!

This is my first whole30. I'm feeling better today, I actually made it to the gym for the first time since I started!! Thanks for the encouragement!!

• Administrators

I'm having digestive problems that I had my first Whole30, so I think I actually need to cut back on the fat a bit (have had some nut-based things like the cashew hummus lately) and start using digestive enzymes again (used them on my first Whole30).

It may not be fat in general so much as the source you are choosing.  Nuts can be highly gut disruptive to some folks, you are probably on the right path in cutting them back/out.  

Stay strong everyone.... We can do this. It's hard at times but our hard work is going to payoff in the long run.

What positive things are you noticing since starting Whole30?

For me.....

1. Blood glucose readings are all normal(and that is without medications)
2. I haven't taken any Advil since starting (use to take at least 6 each day)
3. My skin looks and feels better
4. I don't have sugar or carb cravings
5. I don't snack between meals (that is huge for me I was the queen of snacking)
6. I seem to have more patience now....things don't bug like before
7. My energy level continues to climb
8. My wedding rings are loose

Archived