Boar's Head Everroast Chicken

hclambert13

Our Meats, Cheeses and Condiments are all Gluten Free. Boar's Head Brand Item Certified by the American Heart Association. Ingredients:Coated with: Natural Flavors, Brown Sugar, Carrot, Maltodextrin, Sea Salt, Dextrose, Spice, Carrot Powder, Canola Oil, Chicken Broth, Salt, Caramel Color, Flavoring. Chicken Breast, Water, <1.5% of Salt, Maltodextrin, Sugar, Sodium Phosphate, Dextrose, Flavor, Chicken Broth .http://www.thegrocerygirls.com/boar-s-head-deli-everroast-chicken-breast-oven-roasted-thin-sliced.html

Nope.  Look at all those forms of sugar!

Our Meats, Cheeses and Condiments are all Gluten Free. Boar's Head Brand Item Certified by the American Heart Association. Ingredients:Coated with: Natural Flavors, Brown Sugar, Carrot, Maltodextrin, Sea Salt, Dextrose, Spice, Carrot Powder, Canola Oil, Chicken Broth, Salt, Caramel Color, Flavoring. Chicken Breast, Water, <1.5% of Salt, Maltodextrin, Sugar, Sodium Phosphate, Dextrose, Flavor, Chicken Broth .http://www.thegrocerygirls.com/boar-s-head-deli-everroast-chicken-breast-oven-roasted-thin-sliced.html

Nope.  Look at all those forms of sugar!

wow. even worse than I imagined!

Boar's Head does have an All Natural line of products but the only one that I found to be compliant is the Roast Beef.  Whatever you do, don't ask the deli person if there is any sugar in a product.  More than likely, they will look at the nutritional information and see "0" for Sugars and say, "No."  They will not look at the ingredients unless you tell them specifically.

Sometimes you'll luck out on a store brand.  I mean the kind made in the roaster behind the deli counter that looks like an animal, not the rounded thing that comes shrink wrapped in plastic from the commissary.  If your store doesn't have a cooking deli, maybe look around?  Part of this experience is finding new greatness, and that often changes shopping habits.  I changed the markets I use, permanently.

I remember one time at my old market I ordered no salt turkey at the deli and they sternly looked at me and said "you realize this has no salt in it at all, right?"  If it existed in their case, I wonder what they'd do if I ordered no sugar turkey.  I'd probably have to sign a waiver.

Archived