I am addicted to nut butter but it is giving me bowel cramps

I'd cut it out completely for a while - to heal & to break the habit. You don't need to be eating a whole jar of it in one sitting for it to be a FWOB. Think about how often you're eating it, and how much. Then think about whether or not the digestive distress it is causing is really worth it. 

• Moderators

When I had trouble with this, I focus on eating exact-to-template meals only. I don't allow any "snacks" - whenever I eat it must include protein, veggies and fat - even if just a few baby carrots, a tin of sardines or pouch of tuna or hardboiled egg, and some mayo.

My suggestion is to make yourself a bunch of hardboiled eggs, stock up on wild sardines in water and baby carrots on hand. Homemade mayo if you're so inclined. Then, don't snack, eat that. If you have it on hand you have no excuses that the nutbutter is all you can get quickly.

As Melissa and Dallas say, if you're hungry enough that eating steamed fish and broccoli sounds good, then eat. If that doesn't sound good, you're probably just feeling snacky. Drink some water, take a walk, do some deep breathing, find something to busy yourself - you might not even truly be hungry. Snacking habits die hard.

Keep on keepin' on!

Cool!

I do eat sardines. .. packed in olive oil. Is that wrong? I ask because you write sardines packed in olive oil.

It's super common to find sardines in soybean oil and can be hard to source compliant ones unless they're packed in water. If you've found them in olive oil then lucky you! Enjoy your delicious fishies!

Archived