WholeLOLA

Lola

I'm ready to to move forward.... and I'll need a place to log my re-intro attempts. At one point I was deathly afraid of this. I'm ready now, I know what I want, and I am now armed with the tools and skills to accomplish it. Gone are the days of self-sabotage and reckless abondon(when it comes to bad food choices, anyway!)

Thanks everyone, I've been absent due to studying for my first test.. can you believe that? A test in the second week?? That's totally bogus man! Well, it was more like a quiz, and we corrected it in class and I got 100%, so it's all good!

Welcome Darling!

You shouldn't be scared. You are a wonder woman and you have tons of support here to keep you going.

The title is so perfect!

Thanks Renee, I really feel ready. I'm in a new pattern of making great choices, and feeling satisfied with real food instead of junk food. Two years ago I wouldn't have touched paleo with a 10 ft. pole, giving up chips, candies, chocolate and the likes was just not an option that I was willing to make... not until I got to the point that I was gaining weight so quickly, I felt like I was going to soon combust. Not pretty!

I'm really happy with myself. I mean, I have a long way to go to get back into perfect health. I've got at least 40lbs of uncontrollable fat and flesh that surround my newly strengthening muscles... but I know they're in there! I love being that person who makes healthy choices, and on purpous. I love being so optimistic about everything, I love hearing all about everyone's endeavours here, good and bad, because it helps me be a better person, and I love the promise of tomorrow. I actually love ME! I can't even remember ever thinking or feeling that, not for a really long time, if I ever did. I definitely can't remember saying it out loud.

I've been toying with dairy over the last couple of days. I've been mostly compliant though. The dairy has not been difficult to re-introduce, but I plan to be more compliant than not. The first day I had cream in my coffee, and very much enjoyed it. The second day was just whatever, and today I put the coconut milk in and it felt like home..

I also found out, raw milk is illegal in Canada! WHAT!?! You can buy cheese made from raw milk, but no raw milk or cream itself. Also Bogus...

I'm driving to Toronto this Saturday, Oakville to be exact, and plan to visit the Whole Foods there. It's the closest Canadian location to my house... I'm very excited, and will have a full report upon my return.

I'll be back, not sure when, but I can always get caught up, so keep posting everyone!!

You are lucky. My closest Whole Foods is Vancouver! I am in Calgary. I hope we get one soon.

I did not know that about the raw milk. Will any of the farmers sell you some under the table? Maybe something to investigate from one of the smaller farmers markets close to your house?

You are lucky. My closest Whole Foods is Vancouver! I am in Calgary. I hope we get one soon.

I did not know that about the raw milk. Will any of the farmers sell you some under the table? Maybe something to investigate from one of the smaller farmers markets close to your house?

I'm not sure if it's the same in Alberta, could be a provincial thing, rather than a Canadian thing, but this is what they told me at the health food store.. I can buy a share in a cow, and then covertly meet at a specific cross street, at a specific time to make the exchange... It's all just a little too under the table for me, and since I'm studying to be a paralegal, I'm sure it wouldn't be regarded very highly if I got involved in illegal and covert activity involving farm animals!!

Have fun at WF and make sure you give yourself at least an hour to look at everything. It is so consuming the first time you go it! Plus you'll be checking all of the ingredients. :D

I'm so excited, I feel like a kid in a candy store... or maybe I'm thinking of a health nut in a health food store!! I will go early, I have it all planned out, and I'm bringing a cooler for storage!

Renee, I just checked out their site, they have no plans for developing new stores in Alberta at all at the moment! Bummer.

I'm not sure if it's the same in Alberta, could be a provincial thing, rather than a Canadian thing, but this is what they told me at the health food store.. I can buy a share in a cow, and then covertly meet at a specific cross street, at a specific time to make the exchange... It's all just a little too under the table for me, and since I'm studying to be a paralegal, I'm sure it wouldn't be regarded very highly if I got involved in illegal and covert activity involving farm animals!!

&

Renee, I just checked out their site, they have no plans for developing new stores in Alberta at all at the moment! Bummer.

Haha that would be funny. Just a top secret milk deal on the street corner.

I saw that too. Oh well. I am surviving so far without them.

Haha that would be funny. Just a top secret milk deal on the street corner.

Could you imagine driving by in your car, and there's a guy milking his cow, and some lady in a trench coat filling jugs with milk!

This is an example of why I should stay at school to study... too many distractions at home! I keep logging in 'just to see'... next thing I know, I'm posting everywhere!

I'm really happy with myself. I mean, I have a long way to go to get back into perfect health. I've got at least 40lbs of uncontrollable fat and flesh that surround my newly strengthening muscles... but I know they're in there! I love being that person who makes healthy choices, and on purpous. I love being so optimistic about everything, I love hearing all about everyone's endeavours here, good and bad, because it helps me be a better person, and I love the promise of tomorrow. I actually love ME! I can't even remember ever thinking or feeling that, not for a really long time, if I ever did. I definitely can't remember saying it out loud.

I know what you mean Lola, I also feel really happy with myself. A level of contentment that I haven't had for ages. It is a bit weird to think food can have such an impact on how you feel.

Lola I am so happy for you!. I am glad things are going so well. I feel the same way too. I am so happy with all the healthy choices I am now making. It is good to make healthy choices on a regular basis. What is really nice is that it has become the new normal. :D

Also congratulations on the great grades!

Hugs and have an awesome day!

Faith

Lola I am so happy for you!. I am glad things are going so well. I feel the same way too. I am so happy with all the healthy choices I am now making. It is good to make healthy choices on a regular basis. What is really nice is that it has become the new normal. :D

Also congratulations on the great grades!

Hugs and have an awesome day!

Faith

Thanks Faith...

You can't see me, but I have this BIG, FAT GOOFY GRIN... all just because your bright flower/bee picture has graced my log!

I'm very happy for you too!!!

Hope you have an awesome day, and weekend!

Hugs to you too.

Lola

Well, dairy is definitely out! It's making me stuffed up, bloated and my feet are swelling! I think from now on the only dairy I will have is the occasional bit of cheese as an ingredient in recipes....

I am, however, contemplating corn on the cob tonight with dinner. I'll decide closer to the time. This year has been a bit strange not purchasing or eating it. We usually have it every weekend when it's in season! I have this bad feeling that it won't be very pretty, so I haven't fully decided.

Last night we took my dad to the fair to see Gary Lewis and the Playboys.. It was a great show, and I had given myself permission to have a corndog. When I walked up to the corndog booth, all I could do was stare blankly at the vat of hot oil.. I stood there clutching my money for what seemed like forever... finally I just turned around and walked away. I ended up getting ribs, which no doubt had all kinds of bad ingredients in the sauce, on top of not being a good source of animal protein. It just seemed like the lesser of two evils.

Here is what else they were peddling this year: deep fried butter tarts, deep fried and bacon wrapped mars bars, deep fried wagon wheels(member those?), deep fried gum, deep fried sausages, krispee kreme donuts as burger buns.. GROSS, just completely gross.

Anyway, off to baby shower, a great visit with my paleo minded friends, and a trip to Whole Foods!!

Happy Saturday, hope everyone enjoys their day!

What a fantastic day I had yesterday... I had a great visit with friends of mine, who are the reason I even tried the W30 in the first place. They have been eating in a primal fashion for a few years now, and so the W30 for them is like putting a charm on a charm bracelet. Whereas for me, I was in more of a do-or-die situation. They had a huge ramp up period of learning the difference with good and evil food choices. I also learned they have a lot of SWYPA. Coming at it from that angle, they had already paleofied the foods they weren't willing to give up. I think from my perspective, I have an advantage in the way that I just no longer even want the junk.

There 8 dynamic, empowered, athletic, amazing women in this group. They run, they do CF, they do triathlons, marathons, you name it, they are chomping at the bit to have a race of some kind to work toward. But only two of them have successfully completed a W30! The rest of them got as far as Day 12 and called the whole thing off because they couldn't handle it. Here's the kicker, not one of them thought I would be able to get past Day 1... especially since I hadn't kept them informed of my progress during my W30(I had so much support here, I wanted to only bring them the news of my success), they all assumed I didn't do it, until I emailed them on Day30. I did let them know that I had relatively breezed through it, and I felt great, but I didn't elaborate, until yesterday. The two that did do the W30 - one of which was the expecting mother, didn't enjoy the W30 that much. I think it was because they were too used to paleofied junk food - too much SWYPO. They actually said that they were jealous of me for embracing it so well.

This part is funny.. I may even post it in the "Stupid things people say" thread! The girl who organized the baby shower was in the middle of a 21 day sugar detox. I swear these are her exact words, 'it hasn't been too hard to give up sugar, I have my two fruits in the morning and that's it, I'll just pass on the cake and have something from the fruit tray'! In the back of my head I can hear my ISWF voice going off, and I couldn't hold back... 'you can't be doing a sugar detox and still eat fruit'! She says 'Oh yes, I just want to detox from commercially processed sugar'... finally I said 'sugar is sugar is sugar, your body can't distinguish between what was commercially produced or what occurs naturally in fruit, you might as well have a piece of cake and start your detox fresh tomorrow'!

Ah, the cake. It was a layered, triple chocolate ganash(sp?), made with almond flour. Basically, packed with sugar, but no grains! It was not even SWYPO, it was more like pulling out in time so you don't get pregnant! I had a tiny sliver, and sure enough, I feel pregnant today! I had a restless sleep, am even more stuffed up, and my body feels like lead. I think I have to break out a W7 to get back on track!

My favourite part of yesterday was the shock amongst my fit friends when they heard that I had actually done a W49. One girl said, 'and she wasn't even paleo first, she jumped in cold turkey! We honestly didn't think you would make it!' They all started laughing when I told them I signed up for CF bootcamp in November, 'That's it, she's hooked!'...

and that was my day with my girls, Oh, I did make it to Whole Foods, but found it rather expensive, so I didn't buy anything, but I had a lot of fun looking around!

Happy Sunday, I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Congrats Lola!

I have to say I did give into a corndog this weekend... In defence of the corndog... It was a chicken apple sausage from one of our local butcher shops and dipped in a butter chicken coating and then deepfried. So it was not compliant but worth it so much more than a typical manufactured corndog from the fair!

I am proud of you for picking the ribs. It is those little choices that make the difference in our lifestyle!

Great post Lola, particularly like how you were able to surprise your friends by doing a Whole49. You rock. ;)

Ya, it wasn't until I thought about it again later that they pegged me as a failure! Ouch, it kinda cut me a bit deep, until I realised how completely wrong they were about me! It does, however, go to show you just how out of control I was pre-W30 if my dearest friends didn't even have faith in me! I do think they were all rooting for me, but they figured that if most of them couldn't do it, and they were more disciplined with their eating habits than I was, then I didn't have a hope!

Just thought I'd pop in quickly. I'm finding that I spend too much time here when I do sign in, and with losing a whole study day on the weekend, I have lots of catching-up to do...

Have a great day y'all...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived