Full Tilt Boogie

MeadowLily

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning y'all. Meadow I hope you are prettied up soon. It just doesn't seem like you.

Quick update. Good thing I did that nice cookup on Sunday. It will come in handier than i ever dreamed. The hubs hasn't been feeling well for the last week and we ended up in the er last night. Welllll....he's having emergency gallbladder surgery today. Poor guy's in so much pain. Please keep us in your thoughts.

Now we will have to figure out his food thing all over again. :(

Exactly. bicycle-smiley-face.gif?1302011311   It's really marshed my mellow.   No avatar photos or tiddly winks.   We can have our decorations and not eat cake, too.  I can't stand cake.  I don't like cupcakes.  I really do not understand the cupcake craze.  It's like they're eating some trumped up muffin or biscuit with a big glob of crisco frosting piled a mile high. Really?  Some have paid $10 a pop for those multi-crap stodge blown up donut holes.   Who does that.  Not me.  You can buy a steak for that price at the grocery store.  

Nah, give me the decorations without the frosting and the cake any olde day.   Paw and I use colored pencils.  We sit and draw, color everything...it's a family tradition.   When I'm on the phone, I'm busy coloring leaves and trees.  Especially when it's a long winded relative. "Are you listening to me?"  mmmm hmmmmm.  Yes,  I am.  Color, color, color.  I use water colors, too. 

I used to sit through alot of long meetings.  All of my margins were loaded to the gills with drawings.  I am a doodler but not a noodler.  No scoodles of noodles or falling back into bowls of pasta.  

In Today's Episode

Cooking with MeadowLily

I'm going to teach you how to make a dish with pinecones and dirt, lawn clippings, grasshoppers and old shoes.

Before you get started, you should wash your hands, put some really good tunes on the stereo, and locate all of your specialized kitchen equipment.  Do not be intimidated by any of these items. They can all be purchased at your local arts culinary store.

Can opener

Bowl

Plate

Fork

Measuring spoon

Appetite

I'll talk you through all of the fancy pants foreign cooking terms. Now imagine that you have guests coming for dinner.  You really don't know what to fix and your resident chef is busy.  What will you do. Who ya gonna call?  Larabar Buster.

Smoosche several cans of tuna together until fully integrated.  Add finely chopped vege of every kind. Add interesting looking and tasty olives that you've found under trees. Throw in the pinecones, grasshoppers, old shoes.  You can scatter a tad of dirt across the top for additional decorations if desired.

And Voila!  You're done.

This has a pretty high nutritional quotient and can be used the same way you would use any other version you might have eaten before my enlightened version.

You're welcome.

My youngest LOVES the idea of a cupcake, but HATES all the cream frosting so if he gets one he scrapes it all off into the bin.

He might as well just have a fairy cake  :lol:

Now there's a real man after my own heart.  Wedding cake, birthday cake...any kind of cake, just spray all of it with Raid.   

Ice cream.  Heavy cream and sugar.  Toss that in the bin, too. 

Some have been tormented by the office breakrooms and gatherings.  The carry-ins and potlucks. There will always be breakrooms in this world filled with foods that others enjoy eating.  If someone brought me their best piece of cake,  I would lovingly wrap it up with plastic.  I might even give it a kiss if it's a secret family recipe. I would let it sit in a place of honor on my desk, smile at it when they're looking.

When I reached my house,  I would spray it with Raid.  

Have Raid.  Will Travel.

Raid fixes everything like WD30 and WD40.  You should carry a can of Raid on your belt loop.  If you're not hearing those signals yet and your WANT POWER has not kicked in, use Raid.   

Eventually you'll become stronger.  The first few weeks,  heckatoot, yes.  Raid will help you develop the authori-TI to just say NO.  We're adults now and we can say NO.

Learning to listen to yourself is the 7th sense of confidence.  When things go upside down, bend a little. You may have to make alot of changes.  A life can be filled with chaos but a can of Raid will give you the courage to carry on.

My youngest LOVES the idea of a cupcake, but HATES all the cream frosting so if he gets one he scrapes it all off into the bin.

He might as well just have a fairy cake  :lol:

Would you be so good to elaborate about your experience with some of those items you thought you might've wanted on your vacay but they weren't worth two hoots in the end?

You're a pillar of character and strength for all of us.  I would also like to know about your experimenting and testing of foods.  This is not the rookie edition so those of us who've completed a Whole 30 before will understand what you're talking about.

I'm very interested about the number of days it's taken to feel like your authentically awesome self.

Lady Shanny went on her trip, too.  Same shout-out for her.  Tell all.   The road back to your level of crisp and first rate prime.   I'm interested in any Mod's experience with off-roading.  I really want to know the answers for the long haul.

Is it a day for a day,  a week for a day or a month for a day. Does it take you a month to counterbalance a day of off-roading?  Everyone's mileage may vary but I have a burning desire to know about the so worth it moments.  I've been working on a bunch of sugar avoidance for 15 months.   If I off-roaded with sugar, SpinSpin and I can both confirm that it's not worth it for us. 

When she comes back, she can share why.  Our consequences may be vastly different from jmcbn's or Lady Shanny's.    So give it to us straight.  I can handle the truth.

Yes,  I can handle the truth and nothing but the truth...so help me Whole 30.

I'm not fixin' to go thrill eating with sugar.  I want to know how others handle their so worth it moments.  My idea of a so worth it moment would probably be a steak or ribs at a great rib shack. I could eat a large plate of bacon (8 strips) and eggs.  The hash browns would be something I would enjoy.  I'd probably want to wash it all down with a pot of fresh coffee. I've avoided coffee for several months now.  Full disclosure,  I would probably want to add heavy cream to that coffee. Regular butter on a baked potato vs. my clarified KerryGold deluxe butter.   Sour cream on the potato.

Then, let's take a walk on the wild side.  Let's say there was piece of plain cheesecake thrown in there without that awful graham cracker crust.  No crust.  I've been handling cream cheese at the grocery store for months on end.  I give it a squeeze and put it back on the shelf.  

Would all of that go over like a lead balloon?  Maybe.

So right now, I'm cooking some compliant bacon for lunch.  I'll make a BLT with mayo sans multi-crap stodge.   I'm going to eat many slices because I lurve bacon.  I'll El Paso on the off-roading dream for now.  Someday, I might have all of those things in one day's time.

Baked goods.  Meh.   Sour cream, KerryGold Butter and a tata...one day.

jmcbn told me to start drinking green tea.   That's really helped me.

All... I'm here but so busy at work and tired that I am not posting much. Keeping with the plan.

Need to reduce stress so I sleep better but you know that life just has stress.

Same here Kelli! Was hoping the end was near but when one emergency/project clears another pops up in its place. I wish I had one of those things you beat the gophers down with at the video arcade. haha! I just took a time out and saw my acupuncturist. Had a little woo-sah moment. Then back to work. 

Morning y'all. Meadow I hope you are prettied up soon. It just doesn't seem like you.

Quick update. Good thing I did that nice cookup on Sunday. It will come in handier than i ever dreamed. The hubs hasn't been feeling well for the last week and we ended up in the er last night. Welllll....he's having emergency gallbladder surgery today. Poor guy's in so much pain. Please keep us in your thoughts.

Now we will have to figure out his food thing all over again. :(

Thinking of you and your hubby! Prayers.

Would you be so good to elaborate about your experience with some of those items you thought you might've wanted on your vacay but they weren't worth two hoots in the end?

You're a pillar of character and strength for all of us.  I would also like to know about your experimenting and testing of foods.  This is not the rookie edition so those of us who've completed a Whole 30 before will understand what you're talking about.

I'm very interested about the number of days it's taken to feel like your authentically awesome self.

Lady Shanny went on her trip, too.  Same shout-out for her.  Tell all.   The road back to your level of crisp and first rate prime.   I'm interested in any Mod's experience with off-roading.  I really want to know the answers for the long haul.

Is it a day for a day,  a week for a day or a month for a day. Does it take you a month to counterbalance a day of off-roading?  Everyone's mileage may vary but I have a burning desire to know about the so worth it moments.  I've been working on a bunch of sugar avoidance for 15 months.   If I off-roaded with sugar, SpinSpin and I can both confirm that it's not worth it for us. 

When she comes back, she can share why.  Our consequences may be vastly different from jmcbn's or Lady Shanny's.    So give it to us straight.  I can handle the truth.

Ok, so it's pretty much a month to the day since I got back from vacation. I off-roaded with sugar, dairy & alcohol - no soy, no gluten, no grains.

It's safe to say I was down in the doldrums for a few days, and I blame the sugar for that. Dairy gets me all congested, makes my breathing a bit more laboured when I sleep, causes my sinuses to get blocked up, brings on this annoying cough after I eat, causes a build up of cataarh at the back of my throat, makes me sleep less soundly... Alcohol makes me less inclined to worry about snacking, and can effect my judgement around food unless I'm eating to template, in which case I'm less inclined to want more than a couple of glasses. Alcohol also effects my sleep - immensely. Sugar makes me sad. Alcohol & sugar make me crave more sugar, and make me very sad - hence me switching to gin & sparkling water with a squeeze of fresh lime rather than my old flame the Gin&Slim.

I probably off-roaded in some way every day for the 14days - some days it might have only been a small amount of added sugar in a sauce here or there, but some days I indulged in all three.

By the end of the trip I was glad to be going home to my own kitchen, to my own home cooked food.

It took me probably a good 3 or 4 days of template eating to no longer feel sad. I took an entire week off of the gym - not only because I was feeling so sad , but also due to injuries that had shown no improvement. I wonder now if a two week break with only compliant food might have made more of a difference. By the end of week one I was feeling like exercising again, and by day 10/12 I was feeling the Tiger Blood - and it was fierce!!  B) 

HOWEVER it is only in the last day or two that I am noticing that the inflammation/puffiness around my lower back is starting to settle. I have a slight scoliosis in my spine, and when I'm out of sorts that's where I feel the pain. On top of that I'd had a car accident back in early June and my lower back took some of the impact. It has been sore since then (and still is) but interestingly it had shown no signs of inflammation until the off-roading in July and it's taken a full month (with the exception of one night of wine on my friend's birthday!) for that to slowly subside - and it still has a bit to go yet...

I'm still taking it easy at the gym - intervals, spin, circuits & light weights - until my injuries properly heal & I know my body has had to focus on that primarily this past month, as well as recovering from the off-roading.

I've no idea if I gained weight - I suspect I probably gained fluid (you don't tend to gain fat just that quickly when you're in a good place fitness wise), but I haven't weighed myself since the end of my first 40days and I've no intention of stepping on the scale any time soon.

Is it a day for a day? Pretty much.

Was it worth it? I had an awesome trip with my boys, and I'd do it again in a heart-beat, BUT I wouldn't off-road for any occasion I consider to be anything less than special...

Yes,  I can handle the truth and nothing but the truth...so help me Whole 30.

I'm not fixin' to go thrill eating with sugar.  I want to know how others handle their so worth it moments.  My idea of a so worth it moment would probably be a steak or ribs at a great rib shack. I could eat a large plate of bacon (8 strips) and eggs.  The hash browns would be something I would enjoy.  I'd probably want to wash it all down with a pot of fresh coffee. I've avoided coffee for several months now.  Full disclosure,  I would probably want to add heavy cream to that coffee. Regular butter on a baked potato vs. my clarified KerryGold deluxe butter.   Sour cream on the potato.

Then, let's take a walk on the wild side.  Let's say there was piece of plain cheesecake thrown in there without that awful graham cracker crust.  No crust.  I've been handling cream cheese at the grocery store for months on end.  I give it a squeeze and put it back on the shelf.  

Would all of that go over like a lead balloon?  Maybe.

So right now, I'm cooking some compliant bacon for lunch.  I'll make a BLT with mayo sans multi-crap stodge.   I'm going to eat many slices because I lurve bacon.  I'll El Paso on the off-roading dream for now.  Someday, I might have all of those things in one day's time.

Baked goods.  Meh.   Sour cream, KerryGold Butter and a tata...one day.

jmcbn told me to start drinking green tea.   That's really helped me.

That sounds like a pretty awesome off-roading session to me...... Although not if you've squeezed the cream cheese!!  :o  :P 

I hope you enjoyed that stodge-less BLT - I lurve mine with avocado...  :wub:

That sounds like a pretty awesome off-roading mc-smiley.gif?1292867636 session to me...... Although not if you've squeezed the cream cheese!!  :o  :P 

I hope you enjoyed that stodge-less BLT - I lurve mine with avocado...  :wub:

Your report explanation-smiley.gif?1292867591was filled with such clarity and purpose.  It gives me alot to ponder. That's the way you do it, no flying by the seat of your pants. pizza-smiley.gif?1292867655   Everything was planned out.

Would you interview-smiley.gif?1292867625do it again ...knowing what you know now?margarita1-smiley.gif?1292867635  It would have to be special. 

Just wanted to stop in with a quick howdy and an update --

Last Thursday, I went into the hospital with DKA -- Diabetic Ketoacidosis -- and I was in the ICU for 5 days and in a regular room for 1 and I was able to come home yesterday. I started downhill on Monday, and by Thursday, I couldn't keep water down. I had been having super highs and hadn't been able to get my blood sugars to come down at all. After a rather incoherent text to hubby Thursday, he came home and took me right into the ER, and I was put into the ICU after a few hours in the trama unit. Speculation was either an infection or my insulin was bad. So many blood draws, 3 IV's and no food from last Wednesday night till Monday morning, when my numbers were better. Nothing by mouth on the DK protical. When I started eating, while I was able to choose what I ate, I still had to add carbs, so I ate as little bread and other sad carbs as I was able to get away with and as much veg as I could get from the kitchen. Course, after not eating for nearly a week, there wasn't much going in anyway!

I am very glad to be home and I am resting, resting, resting. LOL all I could think about at the hospital was roast chicken and roasted veggies! So my first meal was grilled chicken breast and canned green beans and a baby green salad. Canned green beans never tasted so good.

Just wanted to stop in with a quick howdy and an update --

Last Thursday, I went into the hospital with DKA -- Diabetic Ketoacidosis -- and I was in the ICU for 5 days and in a regular room for 1 and I was able to come home yesterday. I started downhill on Monday, and by Thursday, I couldn't keep water down. I had been having super highs and hadn't been able to get my blood sugars to come down at all. After a rather incoherent text to hubby Thursday, he came home and took me right into the ER, and I was put into the ICU after a few hours in the trama unit. Speculation was either an infection or my insulin was bad. So many blood draws, 3 IV's and no food from last Wednesday night till Monday morning, when my numbers were better. Nothing by mouth on the DK protical. When I started eating, while I was able to choose what I ate, I still had to add carbs, so I ate as little bread and other sad carbs as I was able to get away with and as much veg as I could get from the kitchen. Course, after not eating for nearly a week, there wasn't much going in anyway!

I am very glad to be home and I am resting, resting, resting. LOL all I could think about at the hospital was roast chicken and roasted veggies! So my first meal was grilled chicken breast and canned green beans and a baby green salad. Canned green beans never tasted so good.

When you're up to par, we'll visit.  I'm praying for you.  I'm so relieved you're home now. Thanks for letting everyone know.groupwave-smiley-face.gif?1302011374 I knew this but waited for you.  I think it was some bum medicine, don't you?  

We'll discuss sugar and all of the rest of it when you have your sea legs back.  I care. pash-smiley-face.gif?1302011401

When you're up to par, we'll visit.  I'm praying for you.  I'm so relieved you're home now. Thanks for letting everyone know.  I knew this but waited for you.  I think it was some bum medicine, don't you?  

We'll discuss sugar and all of the rest of it when you have your sea legs back.  I care. 

(((hugs))) Thank you Meadow :-) I think it probably was bum medicine. We are holding on to the remainder of the vial in case the company wants it for testing. Sounds good about chatting when I have my sea legs back. I am even too wiped out to do any stitching.  

oh! one thing that was kinda funny was here I have been days without anything -- ice chips were a HUGE bonus when I was able to get them -- and I ordered iced tea (plain) with my first meal. holy moly! talk about a surge in my heart rate! I was about to go completely out of my skin and of course being hooked up to all the monitors I could see my heart rate -- went up over 20 pts just with the tea. I am sticking with ice water from here on out and maybe herbal tea, but nothing caffeinated!. 

Archived