Full Tilt Boogie

MeadowLily

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Houston. computer-losy-smiley.gif?1292867574 We have a problem. lamo-smiley-face.gif?1302011385 I  cannot download an avatar. cop-download1-smiley-face.gif?1302011338  It's one of my daily routines to mix it all up with a new photo.  What's

happened? skriet-smiley.gif?1292867673   Did you see dcducks Dave came back today? He is the real deal.   Yep, brought tears to my eyes. boohoo-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1292793

Houston. computer-losy-smiley.gif?1292867574 We have a problem. lamo-smiley-face.gif?1302011385 I  cannot download an avatar. cop-download1-smiley-face.gif?1302011338  It's one of my daily routines to mix it all up with a new photo.  What's

happened? skriet-smiley.gif?1292867673   Did you see dcducks Dave came back today? He is the real deal.   Yep, brought tears to my eyes. boohoo-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1292793

Is he on Dirty Thirty? or will he come over to FTB?

Morning y'all. Meadow I hope you are prettied up soon. It just doesn't seem like you.

Quick update. Good thing I did that nice cookup on Sunday. It will come in handier than i ever dreamed. The hubs hasn't been feeling well for the last week and we ended up in the er last night. Welllll....he's having emergency gallbladder surgery today. Poor guy's in so much pain. Please keep us in your thoughts.

Now we will have to figure out his food thing all over again. :(

Poor hubby and Gagal... that's rough. Let us know how it goes. What made it an emergency?

Yes,  I can handle the truth and nothing but the truth...so help me Whole 30.

I'm not fixin' to go thrill eating with sugar.  I want to know how others handle their so worth it moments.  My idea of a so worth it moment would probably be a steak or ribs at a great rib shack. I could eat a large plate of bacon (8 strips) and eggs.  The hash browns would be something I would enjoy.  I'd probably want to wash it all down with a pot of fresh coffee. I've avoided coffee for several months now.  Full disclosure,  I would probably want to add heavy cream to that coffee. Regular butter on a baked potato vs. my clarified KerryGold deluxe butter.   Sour cream on the potato.

Then, let's take a walk on the wild side.  Let's say there was piece of plain cheesecake thrown in there without that awful graham cracker crust.  No crust.  I've been handling cream cheese at the grocery store for months on end.  I give it a squeeze and put it back on the shelf.  

Would all of that go over like a lead balloon?  Maybe.

So right now, I'm cooking some compliant bacon for lunch.  I'll make a BLT with mayo sans multi-crap stodge.   I'm going to eat many slices because I lurve bacon.  I'll El Paso on the off-roading dream for now.  Someday, I might have all of those things in one day's time.

Baked goods.  Meh.   Sour cream, KerryGold Butter and a tata...one day.

jmcbn told me to start drinking green tea.   That's really helped me.

How did the green tea help,,, do tell.

Same here Kelli! Was hoping the end was near but when one emergency/project clears another pops up in its place. I wish I had one of those things you beat the gophers down with at the video arcade. haha! I just took a time out and saw my acupuncturist. Had a little woo-sah moment. Then back to work. 

Hi Liss... I know you are busy at work too... funny about the gophers. I have one co-worker Id like to pretend she is the Wack A Mole... do you know that kids game?

oh! one thing that was kinda funny was here I have been days without anything -- ice chips were a HUGE bonus when I was able to get them -- and I ordered iced tea (plain) with my first meal. holy moly! talk about a surge in my heart rate! I was about to go completely out of my skin and of course being hooked up to all the monitors I could see my heart rate -- went up over 20 pts just with the tea. I am sticking with ice water from here on out and maybe herbal tea, but nothing caffeinated!. 

Spin,,, that sounds scary. My Dad had several hypoglycemic episodes once at our house when I wasn't home and my poor husband thought he had died.

Bad insulin,, where do you go to complain about that? The Bad Insulin Complaint desk? Pharmaceutical Company? God? You know that's not right.

So happy you are better... and happily eating canned green beans,

Kelli the hubs was diagnosed with IBS years ago and the gallbladder symptoms were very similar. We didn't realize what was going on until almost too late. He's finally back in the room. Surgery took much longer than normal because his gb was so infected.

Kelli the hubs was diagnosed with IBS years ago and the gallbladder symptoms were very similar. We didn't realize what was going on until almost too late. He's finally back in the room. Surgery took much longer than normal because his gb was so infected.

Crap.... he must have been in some significant pain. Was his pancreas ok? Poor guy!

Crap.... he must have been in some significant pain. Was his pancreas ok? Poor guy!

It was bad. We have been together for 30+ years and it the first time I have ever known him to ask for pain meds. As far as I know his pancreas is OK. No one has said anything otherwise.

Yo, Georgia and hubs and SpinSpin...sending lots of solid mojo your way...believing that all of the cosmic chaos just points to how we are all part of one big poodle skirt together. For all of you REST and SLEEP and whatever good food you can take in is what the doctor didn't order but should have...wish I could send some to you...

All well here, glad to hear from everyone. Let's keep hanging together!

It was bad. We have been together for 30+ years and it the first time I have ever known him to ask for pain meds. As far as I know his pancreas is OK. No one has said anything otherwise.

Good.. I have read that an infection gallbladder can sometimes affect your gallbladder. He sounds like a great guy.

Just wanted to stop in with a quick howdy and an update --

Last Thursday, I went into the hospital with DKA -- Diabetic Ketoacidosis -- and I was in the ICU for 5 days and in a regular room for 1 and I was able to come home yesterday. I started downhill on Monday, and by Thursday, I couldn't keep water down. I had been having super highs and hadn't been able to get my blood sugars to come down at all. After a rather incoherent text to hubby Thursday, he came home and took me right into the ER, and I was put into the ICU after a few hours in the trama unit. Speculation was either an infection or my insulin was bad. So many blood draws, 3 IV's and no food from last Wednesday night till Monday morning, when my numbers were better. Nothing by mouth on the DK protical. When I started eating, while I was able to choose what I ate, I still had to add carbs, so I ate as little bread and other sad carbs as I was able to get away with and as much veg as I could get from the kitchen. Course, after not eating for nearly a week, there wasn't much going in anyway!

I am very glad to be home and I am resting, resting, resting. LOL all I could think about at the hospital was roast chicken and roasted veggies! So my first meal was grilled chicken breast and canned green beans and a baby green salad. Canned green beans never tasted so good.

SpinSpin I'd been wondering about you...... I thought you'd been quiet too long. So glad to hear you're home & doing better, but what a scare that must have been for you all. Take it easy..... and let us know how you're doing when you can x

A storm is brewing.  Did you know the Coast Guard suggests comfort /stress foods, cookies, hard candy, sweetened cereals, instant coffee and tea bags for hurricane preparedness?

So let's think of our own list, shall we? SpinSpin and I couldn't make it on those provisions. 

Cans of tuna, salmon, kippers

Green tea

Dried tomatoes

Dried berries

Jerky - all kinds

Unsweetened coconut chips

Courgettes

Booch

Hooch Booch

Playing cards

Can you imagine feeding your kids candy, cookies and sweetened cereal to calm them down.  Oooo wait, I guess many are prepared every day with the usual snack storms.  SAD....sooo SAD, sad, sad.

some Boulder Canyon avocado oil/coconut oil/ or olive oil chips

Goodness, are these Whole 30 approved now?   :blink:   We just happened to find some at a grocery store once (the avocado oil ones) and they are definitely food without brakes for me!  

SO good.  

...Yet, so bad.   :ph34r:   haha

• Administrators

Goodness, are these Whole 30 approved now?   :blink:   

Haha, definitely not!  I got an enormous bag at Costco the other day for an upcoming camping (non Whole30) trip and cannot wait to not share them.  ;)

Archived