Help! I can't edit my posts?

Shawie

I was going to update my food log when realized I suddenly don't have the ability to edit my posts?  I checked that I'm signed in. I even logged out and logged back in.  The edit button used to be next to QUOTE.  I don't know what's wrong?   :huh:

CiPIoVBl.jpg

• Administrators

Hi Shawie,

You were the lucky recipient of coming across a small change that we hadn't had a chance to announce yet.   ;)

Members of the Whole30 forum used to be able to edit their own posts indefinitely.  Unfortunately this posed a number of problems within the framework of the forum and as such a change has been made.  Members now have 15 minutes (from hitting publish) to edit a post (for typos and the like) after which time the post is closed and can only be edited by a moderator or administrator.

Any questions, please let us know.

OH ok well... that explains that!  Thanks. :) 

I guess I will have to deal with double posting here and there.  Thanks. I would like to place a vote (if it counts) to make the Your Whole30 log and exception considering it's not moderated any way. lol

Hi Shawie,

You were the lucky recipient of coming across a small change that we hadn't had a chance to announce yet.   ;)

Members of the Whole30 forum used to be able to edit their own posts indefinitely.  Unfortunately this posed a number of problems within the framework of the forum and as such a change has been made.  Members now have 15 minutes (from hitting publish) to edit a post (for typos and the like) after which time the post is closed and can only be edited by a moderator or administrator.

Any questions, please let us know.

Since the logs are not moderated...per se, they're probably the main reason for the change.  They can become wild and wooly like the Wild West out there.  Thanks, Lady Shanny for the update.  I think it's a good one.

• Administrators

OH ok well... that explains that! Thanks. :)

I guess I will have to deal with double posting here and there. Thanks. I would like to place a vote (if it counts) to make the Your Whole30 log and exception considering it's not moderated any way. lol

I appreciate the vote....unfortunately it's a "member" setting. As in, no members can edit posts after 15 minutes. Rather than a "thread setting, ie, "you can edit posts in this thread but not that thread" sort of deal. And yes, the personal logs are not necessarily moderated so you are free to post as many times in a day in your log as you need to in order to get all your information out. :)

I'm super bummed to hear about this change, too. I have been very faithful in using the food log forums, and part of what I liked was the ability to start a daily log post in the morning and then add to it later in the day. I understand that one could try to recall every ingredient from each meal and post at the end of the day, or post multiple times each day, but those solutions aren't nearly as convenient as just editing the post.

Yes, I it is unfortunate that we had to make this change, but several forum members were abusing the edit feature and something had to be done. 

If you ever want a post edited or deleted for some reason (after the 15 minute window), just PM a moderator with a link and we can take care of it for you.

• 10 months later...
  • Administrators

You can PM a moderator by clicking the little envelope at the top of the screen near your name.  Note, you can clean up your own inbox by clicking that same little envelope if you are referring to "old messages sent with another member".  

Note, unless there is inaccurate information being given or the posts are a breach of someone's privacy or a violation of the forum rules, we don't generally delete posts because 1) it doesn't make sense in the rest of the thread and 2) the moderators are all volunteers, going about deleting posts isn't something most of us would spend our time doing. If it's just one specific post, you can click the little < in the right corner of the header of that post and send it and we can delete it for you.

Feel free to message me if you would like to discuss further.

Archived