Brewer5: No Training Wheels

Brewer5

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stomp your boots on the ground....can you hear the sound of the Brewer Clubhouse army marching over hills and dales, hither and yon.   Through the valleys and to the mountaintops.  

You better get your clubhouse picture back up!  ***Celebrate good times, come on!***   :lol:

...Although, I've been meaning to tell you how much I like your queen picture.  Quite fitting.  

You better get your clubhouse picture back up!  ***Celebrate good times, come on!***   :lol:

...Although, I've been meaning to tell you how much I like your queen picture.  Quite fitting.  

{She's royal}.   Maw's favorite saying....'You're a royal pain in the butt'. disco-smiley.gif?1292867582

Treehouse-Point-5-537x357.jpg

So I went out there on the ridge...on the way home,  I was thinking about homemade corn bread, blackeyed peas, little white navy beans seasoned up with bacon, lentil soup, wild rice, homemade coleslaw,  real butter. I don't have any of those things fixed but I'm licking my lips at the thought. Legumes resumed.  

I suppose I could have those lentils and that wild rice wouldn't hurt.  Boy,  I don't know.   Cooler weather and shorter days.   Could be thinking like a grizz gearing up for hibernation.

Brewer.  Bueller.  Anyone.

bueller.jpg

What are your feelings about lentils and wild rice?

I'm eating by proxy.  Looking at the photos and pretending I have them ready.  I could always watch the Triple D and watch you know who shovel food into his mouth.  That used to work.  I did that in the beginning and I really savored every single bite he ate.    Ooooo, wouldn't BBQ ribs be good.   

dsc_0733_2.jpg

Hmmm. My gut wants to say that these are gateway drugs. Because I have been there. And I am ~mildly struggling~ to get back to Whole-30 style for awhile. Especially after watching That Sugar Film last night. I feel like I've strayed a bit far.

I have such great intentions after each Whole 30. But you allow some beans here, some wild rice there, some butter, some added sugar.... I don't know. Just seems to be a slippery slope. And I really want to feel my BEST.

I know what you mean.  You add a few tiddlywinks in here and there and lo and behold, you're wolfing down a cast iron skillet of corn bread with KerryGold Butter and eating whopping boatloads of lil navy beans.

I guess I'll stick with sugarless BBQ ribs.   We have dry rubs that Bear has perfected and they don't have sugar.

Ribs,  brisket,  homemade coleslaw,  Tim McGraw Kale Salad and  roasted /grilled sweet potato slices.    I can make those cabbage rolls, too. 

Archived