Brewer5: No Training Wheels

Brewer5

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jmcbn...I'm up early this morning.   I'm ready for the day and I want to see the sunrise while the weather is still beautiful.   I'm not missing out on a single warm Fall day.  No siree. 

I will hike the ridge with all of its splendor.    Maw, my sisters and I used to play ice hockey.  Maw hit her head on the ice one time and got a concussion.  Paw made her wear a motorcycle helmet after that.  

12074599_1072013206156792_95090079013962

I was up early myself today, too early even to see the sunrise. It was pitch black when I left for the gym @ 06:25 this morning, a little stiff from my first session back yesterday evening after work... I managed to do a good long stretch/warm up then broke a sweat on the treadmill, walking at a fast enough pace on a decent incline. I'm feeling that dull ache in my glutes & quads now that tells me those muscles were working...

I went out for a quick lap of the block at lunch to loosen up again, and I'll do some stretching & foam rolling again tonight, then I should be able to manage another session on both Friday & Saturday by which point I'll feel like I'm *really* back at it.

It's funny how that small amount of exercise has increased my appetite already!

I had my usual grilled chicken kebab at the gym (Boy, how I've missed those!!) and then followed that up with a HUGE mackerel salad, with plenty of mayo when I got to the office - which still freaks people out even after all this time.

Just finished lunch which was roast chicken and kale braised with courgettes & some grated heritage carrots in lard, & a bunch of mixed olives.

I've roasted veg at home for tonight with pork chops & I'm already salivating thinking about them...... in the meantime water, water, water.....!!

You are so dedicated.   You motivate the multi-crap right outta me.   Really.   I'm not blowing smoke.  You've kept us going all winter long.   

Time to spruce things up with a song.  I want to do a happy dance before the sun shows her face.

Lightning strikes.   Maybe once.   Maybe twice.

Momentum is a gift.  Never take it for granted.  When you're riding that wave...ride that baby right into the shoreline.  That wave may not ever come back around again.   Not in the same way.

When a door or window opens you may have to summon all of your courage to go through it but if you snooze you lose.   I know how important momentum is.   There are times when you recognize that this is it. If you blow this chance, it's gone.

I knew that coming here.  This was my last chance to get it right.   I still know that today.  I've mustered up all of the passion within my being to keep it burning in my heart.   When everyone disappeared...I kept on talking to myself.   No one can do this for you.  No one.

You have to have a willing army when you go into battle.   When you're with a willing troop there is an effortless commitment.   You ride each other's wave and support one another.  We arrive early and eagerly reach out to minister to the hurts,  the hopes, the dreams of everyone.

You may only have a flicker of a moment's notice...to come running, drop your schedule and not miss a single day or night.   You realize that time is fleeting.   The atmosphere changes the heart.   All discouragement dissipates, fears flee and you feel faith in yourself and others rise once again.

I am consumed with your continued tenacity.  We will complete our mission.   At this moment, your support means more to me than ever.  Brewer's Clubhouse was the reinforcement I needed to keep pushing forward.

I protect my most precious resource.   Momentum.   I want to thank you advance and from the bottom of my heart for your support in helping me stick the landing.

"Gypsy"

So I'm back, to the velvet underground
Back to the floor, that I love
To a room with some lace and pAper flowers
Back to the gypsy that I was
To the gypsy... that I was
And it all comes down to you
Well, you know that it does
Well, lightning strikes, maybe once, maybe twice
Ah, and it lights up the night
And you see your gypsy
You see your gypsy
To the gypsy that remains faces freedom with a little fear
I have no fear, I have only love
And if I was a child
And the child was enough
Enough for me to love
Enough to love
She is dancing away from me now
She was just a wish
She was just a wish
And a memory is all that is left for you now
You see your gypsy
You see your gypsy
Lightning strikes, maybe once, maybe twice

I still see your bright eyes, bright eyes
(She was just a wish)
(She was just a wish)

Lily, this thread has kept me going on a better path, for sure.  

I've wanted to read these books for myself -- but I also can't wait to report my findings with you all.

I want to help.  And in wanting to help others, I help myself.  :)

It's the give and take that keeps these home fires burning.    All give, give, give and you completely burn out. You are an avid student and a great teacher.  I can't wait to see what today's lessons will hold.   

I like being useful and having a purpose.  The purpose of life is to live a life of purpose.

I like being used if it's useful to someone.   Use me until you use me up, UP, UP. dancing-smiley.gif?1292867580 That's my song trigger and I must play it.dancing-smiley.gif?1292867580 I just have to.     dancing-smiley.gif?1292867580   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ROGOHNSEBs

Archived