Back at it again! Post W100 with a small break now Whole30-60!

WholeMama623

Hello everyone! I am back!

I recently did a Whole100 from May 1s through August 8th and it was very successful!

[Read the log here:http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/27210-whole100-far-more-serious/page-1 ]

You can also read my POST 100 log here: http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/30167-wholemama623s-post-whole100-daily-ramblings-on-reintroduction/

I saw amazing things happen to my body! (see profile picture!)  I held myself together fairly well after it was over, but then went on vacation to Disney World last week and pretty much threw it all in the trash! I've only been back 5 days, so rather than letting myself slip back into the SAD lifestyle, I figure I better get back to basics! While I didn't see any bad effects from last weeks' eating, I know I WILL get them if I continue with the coffee creamer, sugar, and grains.

So here I am! Day 1. I thought about it on and off lyesterday and quickly made the decision to do this so that I couldn't change my mind, or start making more excuses. So I WILL admit that toady is not going to match the template, and while that might make some people a little touchy, I want to add, this is not my first rodeo. I've done 1 Whole 30, and a Whole100. I know what I need to do, and while I'm not perfect, and not every meal is perfectly fits the template, I'm still eating the right things!

I love the Whole30 style of eating. I love having strict "rules" and honestly, it's pretty black and white. Eat this, and no you can't have that. It really helps keep me in line. When I mentioned I was going to do this again to my mom last night, she just said "Why don't you do a 'Whole Life'?" It was a good question, but she doesn't understand why that's not really possible because she's never done a Whole30. She said "SO you'll spend 100 days eating great, and then throw it all away to go back to junk?"  Well, no.. not exactly. Since my Whole100 ended on 8/8 I've been exercising my "free will" from Whole100. I learned that I really can stay pretty close without being on the program. However, I lost my way in Disney last week, and I know myself. Before long i'll be eating bologna and mayo sandwiches again if I'm not careful. So here I am!

Meal1: Blueberries and black coffee (yes, I know. Not the template at ALL)

Meal2: Three eggs in ghee with black olives and peas with some roasted pumpkin seeds (closer, but not quite..)

Meal3: TBD

Back to black coffee.. Luckily this time around I'm accustomed to it! :)

Excited that you are getting started again Whole Mama! I admit I struggle with following the template exactly  even though I'm eating all complaint foods and I'm like you kind of choosing to be ok with it at this point. Will this change as I go along in my whole 100..it might and actually I kind of hope so I would love to see myself having an easier time following template as I go along but I'm not going to beat myself up about that aspect too much at this point. I'm eating well and feeling good and enjoying that right now.  

Excited that you are getting started again Whole Mama! I admit I struggle with following the template exactly  even though I'm eating all complaint foods and I'm like you kind of choosing to be ok with it at this point. Will this change as I go along in my whole 100..it might and actually I kind of hope so I would love to see myself having an easier time following template as I go along but I'm not going to beat myself up about that aspect too much at this point. I'm eating well and feeling good and enjoying that right now.  

The template sometimes overwhelms me. While I like having rules, trying to fit so many cups and thumbs of stuff starts to be the point in which I turn off. It's too much obsessing.  This is why I didn't list my meals in the previous logs that I do. I don't need everyone telling me "that's not the template!" and then making me feel like I'm not doing it right. This is my journey, and I'm hoping to get to a point that I can sustain this pretty much all the time which small, rare treats, and bounce right back.

I will add that when I started feeling bad, and posted my meals to the mods, they said that they looked very good. I DO know how to follow the template, but sometimes life gets in the way. This morning I was late for work, trying to get a feisty toddler to put her shoes and socks on, and failed to eat a proper meal 1.  I will get back on track tonight for dinner.

The template sometimes overwhelms me. While I like having rules, trying to fit so many cups and thumbs of stuff starts to be the point in which I turn off. It's too much obsessing.  

If you feel like the way you eat is under control, I don't think I'd worry about it. Being obsessive about your diet isn't really in the spirit of the thing. My goal is to one day just automatically make the better choices and not have to think about it at all. Yeah ... that'd be nice ... 

I think there is a whole separate template for people with feisty toddlers. It's just anything you can shove in your mouth.  ;)

I find the template really, really helpful, but it's not a rule, it's a recommendation, so you definitely don't have to do it.

For me, if I follow the template, especially at breakfast, my day goes a lot better. The exception is that for my next Whole30 I think I will plan on having a small, compliant bedtime snack because I enjoy it. I would rather do that than argue with myself about whether it's okay to have the snack. 

Hey there, nice to see you back  :)

I'd comment that, if, after having done a Whole100 you still feel the need to log food then you're really not 'getting it'.

To me not logging after all this time is a fairly good indicator that you've a good idea what you're doing, and you know that if needs be you can always ask for some pointers...

The longer you go the more it becomes second nature, the more you own it, and the less likely you are to spiral out of control with a few bites of a GF muffin.

Good luck!

If you feel like the way you eat is under control, I don't think I'd worry about it. Being obsessive about your diet isn't really in the spirit of the thing. My goal is to one day just automatically make the better choices and not have to think about it at all. Yeah ... that'd be nice ... 

Exactly!! I am very happy with how I function during my whole's. I don't snack, and that must mean I'm eating enough, so good enough for me! And that's what I'm aiming for too. One day they won't be "whole" anything's, it'll just be how I eat! However, I do like coming here and having people to talk with !

I think there is a whole separate template for people with feisty toddlers. It's just anything you can shove in your mouth.  ;)

I find the template really, really helpful, but it's not a rule, it's a recommendation, so you definitely don't have to do it.

For me, if I follow the template, especially at breakfast, my day goes a lot better. The exception is that for my next Whole30 I think I will plan on having a small, compliant bedtime snack because I enjoy it. I would rather do that than argue with myself about whether it's okay to have the snack. 

You are totally right!! I really try to do it when I can, but If I can't because of life, I don't stress out about it.

Hey there, nice to see you back  :)

I'd comment that, if, after having done a Whole100 you still feel the need to log food then you're really not 'getting it'.

To me not logging after all this time is a fairly good indicator that you've a good idea what you're doing, and you know that if needs be you can always ask for some pointers...

The longer you go the more it becomes second nature, the more you own it, and the less likely you are to spiral out of control with a few bites of a GF muffin.

Good luck!

THANK YOU!

This is how I feel. I kind of hate logging my food here. It's like "food logging" on MFP again, but I noticed that others do it, so I thought maybe I'd try. However, you hit the nail on the head. After my whole100, I learned how I need to eat and it was very successful! I more like to journal my feelings/struggles/accomplishments during my Whole's.

Day 2:

Morning everyone! I'm glad to see my log got a little traffic over night. I like having people to go through this with, even though my logs are mostly just rambling! LOL.

Last night we had some chicken, green beans and a sweet with lots of ghee. Very tasty! I love being back on the plan. It actually makes me feel more... I don't know.. WHOLE!

I went to the store last night and got some more essentials! I am going to make some more paleo mayo this weekend. I literally live off of the stuff. My husband laughs at me because I eat it on everything, even things you wouldn't normally put mayo on!

Like the last time, I'm going to try to cut back a lot on sugar. I'm going to limit my fruit for awhile and keep it to a minimum. I really DON'T feel like my sugar dragon is around, but I want to be careful. I'm actually very happy with how I did after my Whole100. I had about 40 days from the day it ended to when my vacation started and I didn't really go off track that much, and even though I said I completely when off the rails in Disney, I really didn't. Other than GF grains (which I did have a lot of), I had only one snack a day, if I had one at all. I did have two different things of ice cream in 9 days, and  some GF, dairy free, egg free donuts that were sold in the resort, but looking back, I really didn't do that bad! I did have a couple PSL from Starbucks, but I knew that when I got back, they'd be "done" for me, so I enjoyed them and I'm not too upset that I won't have any more.

Mentally, I'm ready for this adventure again!

I will admit, it's taken me all morning to come here and write this post.. :ph34r:

I had a slice of cheese this weekend, and then pumpkin creamer. I could write up what happened, and blah blah, but in the end, the cold facts are that I chose to eat/drink these things. So that's all that really it. I feel incredibly guilty, like I am letting my internet friends down, as silly as that might seem. I know just how much easier it is to do these when you know you have people following along with you, so I know that in a way, it's kind of let down for the other people who I talk to here frequently.

I am not going to resume or start a new Whole30 at this time.

Hear me out.

After this happened this weekend, I had a thought. I need to learn to make the right choices without being "forced" too. I don't mean that Whole30 or Whole100 was "forcing me" to do anything, but that the same time, I used those rules as a black and white way to avoid making the decisions for myself. Does that make any sense? I am not exercising my right to make good decisions completely on my own. I always say I "go back" to how it was, well this is the real work. This is where I have to dig in and DO THE REAL WORK, and put myself in satiations to make the better choices.

For me Whole30 and then my Whole100 was a tool to learn what I can and can't eat. Now, it's time for me to take that tool out of the toolbox and use it. I know this sounds incredibly stupid, and cheesy, but I'm trying to make it easy to understand why I am abandoning this Whole30.

I am going to continue to go back to posting in my POST WHOLE100 log listed in my signature, because I really enjoy coming here and talking to you all (Donna & Julie, especially!!) . I plan on eating PALEO. No grains, no soy, no processed crap, and only having dairy in TINY amounts once a day in my coffee. I'd also really love to stay away from refined sugars.

My goal always has been to be able to just live, and eat, and be healthy. I want to be able to eat things here and there as a treat without completely off-roading. If I ever feel the need, the Whole30 is there for me to come back to and re-set, and that's good to know!

So, to everyone who started following me, I'm sorry!

and if you want, please come visit me on my Post W100 journal. B)

I think should feel proud for posting that, you aren't letting anyone down and you have no one to answer to but yourself. You've already done a W100, which is an extremely big accomplishment! The W30 isn't supposed to be "forever" anyways, it's a reset and a tool to help you set YOUR guidelines in the future.

Will definitely be following you along in your other thread! 

I think should feel proud for posting that, you aren't letting anyone down and you have no one to answer to but yourself. You've already done a W100, which is an extremely big accomplishment! The W30 isn't supposed to be "forever" anyways, it's a reset and a tool to help you set YOUR guidelines in the future.

Will definitely be following you along in your other thread! 

THANK YOU!!! This makes me feel a little less awful! =]

I think what it is more than anything else, is that I'm not a quitter. Once I decide to do something, I follow through. My heart just wasn't in it this time and I know what I need to do, so I want to give myself a chance to do it!!

Thank you again!

Britt, you are still miles ahead of where you started and you should pat yourself on the back!  You ARE NOT LETTING ANYONE DOWN (well, probably you're beating yourself up, but no need to worry about others!)  I'm sorry you had a bad weekend and I support you no matter what!!!!   ;)

Britt, you are still miles ahead of where you started and you should pat yourself on the back!  You ARE NOT LETTING ANYONE DOWN (well, probably you're beating yourself up, but no need to worry about others!)  I'm sorry you had a bad weekend and I support you no matter what!!!!   ;)

Thank you Donna!!!!

I agree with the others !  No let down.   you are right you have learned the tools - why not use them.  And yes - you can always do a reset when ever you feel the need  (like me - now)

Good for you for making a good decision for you and your life

Archived