What are you all prepping for your week?

souncivilized

Planning to make fish stew later today. Cooked lobsters yesterday, removed and refrigerated the meat. Took about 5-6 body shells, put in a pot of water, added various seasonings. Brought to boil, then simmered: reserved broth. Today, bought some haddock, onion, carrots and potatoes which we'll use to create a stew with the broth, lobster meat and celery that we have on hand.

Just finished cleaning up the kitchen after my weekly cook up. I made Chocolate Chili, meatloaf, turkey cranberry muffins, roasted a spaghetti squash, velvety butternut squash with pecans, cauliflower soup, sunshine sauce, compliant ketchup for my meatload, and red pepper sauce. I have a boston butt studded with garlic and rubbed with salt and pepper. It's going into my crockpot with 3 strips of bacon on the bottom and will cook for 16 hours on low so I'll start it about 8 pm. I have some chicken breasts brining and I'll grill them tomorrow. My meals will be easy this week, reheat, cook veggies, salad, eggs. About 3/4 of what I made will go in the freezer for future meals. I'm a widow and sometimes I just don't want to cook dinner but I do want a healthy meal.

Shepherds Pie, Chicken Cacciatore, perfect steak, roasted baby potatoes, sweet potatoes, Brussel sprouts & zucchini, green salad, kale salad, beef & broccoli slaw breakfast hash & egg/turkey muffins, grilled chicken, beef roast, beef vegetable soup, boiled eggs, turkey sausage, mayo, ranch dressing & sunshine sauce. I don't have time to do any cooking during the week because I go to Crossfit in the evenings. I usually do all my cooking on Sundays but this weekend I did some on Saturday, which worked out better. Got all the clean up done and in bed at a reasonable hour.

• Administrators

Planning to make fish stew later today. Cooked lobsters yesterday, removed and refrigerated the meat. Took about 5-6 body shells, put in a pot of water, added various seasonings. Brought to boil, then simmered: reserved broth. Today, bought some haddock, onion, carrots and potatoes which we'll use to create a stew with the broth, lobster meat and celery that we have on hand.

That sounds amazing!  

• Administrators

Just finished cleaning up the kitchen after my weekly cook up. I made Chocolate Chili, meatloaf, turkey cranberry muffins, roasted a spaghetti squash, velvety butternut squash with pecans, cauliflower soup, sunshine sauce, compliant ketchup for my meatload, and red pepper sauce. I have a boston butt studded with garlic and rubbed with salt and pepper. It's going into my crockpot with 3 strips of bacon on the bottom and will cook for 16 hours on low so I'll start it about 8 pm. I have some chicken breasts brining and I'll grill them tomorrow. My meals will be easy this week, reheat, cook veggies, salad, eggs. About 3/4 of what I made will go in the freezer for future meals. I'm a widow and sometimes I just don't want to cook dinner but I do want a healthy meal.

That's an amazing cookup, Quilter!  How often do you do this?

Hidden veggie sauce which contains a courgette, a red pepper, 4 carrots, 2 onions, a leek, a can of chopped tomatoes, herbs etc has cooked through, just waiting for it to cool before I go at it with a hand blender. Will then be quartered and I will put 3 bags in the freezer and use one tonight.

I've made and shaped pork sausage patties and they are in the fridge to be fried up in the mornings. 

I need to make and form the turkey burgers and hard boil some eggs, and then make my lunch for tomorrow.

I still do most of my cooking at dinner time, but I prep as many of proteins/sauces etc as I can in advance so when it comes to dinner time it's just shove it in a pan and its on it's way!

I'm salavating over all you amazing meals!

Sunday is a day of cooking in my house. 

Grilled chicken breasts

Grilled pork steaks

Ground beef with seasoning and fresh tomato "sauce" into a meatload

Grilled chicken thighs

Washed and cut celery, peppers, onions, 

Avocados

Apples and bananas ready

Romaine lettuce for "sandwiches"

And that's all we have for this week. The weekend will be another round to the store with your great ideas!

Today's my big cook-up day and here's my plan:

Pressure Cooker: steam-bake potatoes and sweet potatoes, Kale & Carrots (NNP), Kalua Pig w/Cabbage (NNP), applesauce, hard-cooked eggs.

Oven: roast Brussels sprouts with bacon, spaghetti squash, breakfast casserole, meatballs, breakfast sausage, sugar/grain/dairy-free cake for DH.

Wash and prep salad vegetables: tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, celery, carrots, summer squash, etc.

Make ghee, mayo, salad dressings, other sauces, etc.

Gee, that seems like a lot for two people.

I do this most weeks, then meals are quick and easy. I also have in the freezer: quick-cooking protein like chicken tenders and fish fillets. I buy compliant Marinara sauce.

Bonus: I recently had my kitchen remodeled and cooking is much more enjoyable.

Hi there!  I've been struggling a bit with getting protein in as I was a vegetarian before trying Whole30 - today I had the best lunch which I think will help me out a bit...  

I took a big bag of shredded cabbage and stir-fried this with garlic, pepper and salt.  Then in a separate pan, I took chicken fillets and boiled them to create stock and chicken cutlets that I can then use for probably two more meals throughout the week.  The stock will also go towards my cauliflower rice paella tonight. 

Popped the cabbage and chicken, shredded carrot and a huge dollop of kimchi into a bowl and that was my lunch!  Some raspberries on the side and that was me done - three hours later and not hungry a bit.  

I also roasted 8 sweet potatoes, although in my house these won't last long.  

Feeling good about everything on day 12.  Beginning to get nice comments about my appearance and full of energy! 

Thanks for listening!

Aim

I'm starting to rip out my kitchen flooring so all I managed yesterday was to roast a chicken and some brussels sprouts, make mayo and cook a steak for dinner that I had along side a huge fennel salad. Tonight i'll have to play catch-up and do my frittata and a curry. It's been so hot the last place I want to be is in the kitchen right now. :(

On the weekend I prepped for the week: grilled chicken for salads, boiled eggs, butternut squash lasagna, chicken cauliflower soup, bone broth, roast chicken, turkey sausages, garden salad, kale salad, roasted baby potatoes, roasted Brussel sprouts, butternut squash casserole, perfect steak, breakfast hash & egg muffins.

I'm trying a pork chop recipe in the pressure cooker. It has onions, apples and apple cider. If it's good, I'll post it.

My normal cook-up got interrupted this week, but I've ground up some pork and made a breakfast casserole, mayo, and ranch dressing. Tomorrow, I'll be on track to finish my list: roasted Brussels sprouts, spaghetti squash, kale, meatballs, sausage patties, and some chicken nuggets (another test recipe).

Ordered beef bones from the local butcher today (source their pastured-raised meats from local farms): planning to make a batch of bone broth tomorrow, as temperatures in my neck of the woods are slated to dip into 40's for Sunday and Monday.

Last week, I made the salsa from the Whole30 book for the first time.  It was a HUGE hit at a family gathering (likely extra special as I was able to use tomatoes from our garden).  Highly recommend!  Side note: I used red onion instead of yellow onion, and would do the same again.

Grilled a bunch of chicken breasts (some for salads will use the rest for a coconut curry), boiled eggs, cooked turkey sausage, made breakfast beef hash with broccoli slaw, mushrooms, red pepper & white sweet potato, baked spinach egg muffins, cream of broccoli soup with mushroom, made a huge salad, roasted veggies: baby potatoes, Brussel sprouts & sweet potato, steamed green beans, mayo, grated cauliflower for rice

Archived