Toothpaste

shelley417

I have used Himalaya I like it and helps with sensitivity.

Description: A natural toothpaste formulated using Certified Organic Herbal Extracts using supercritical fluid extraction. It is a unique blend of herbs including Certified organic neem and pomegranate. Neem, the twigs of which were used for thousands of years to clean teeth, gives this formulation its sparkle. Pomegranate helps promote healthy gums. You will smile brightly from the results, a fresh feeling mouth, polished teeth and healthy gums! Key ingredients: Pomegranate Extract - Supports healthy gums. Strong antioxidant. Neem Leaf Extract - Neem twigs have been used for centuries to clean teeth. Triphala - Used to maintain healthy gums. Xylitol - Natural sweetener considered to be "tooth friendly" sugar. Acacia Arabic Extract - Used for its soothing properties. Mint Leaves - Used for their refreshing qualities. Thyme Leaves - Derived from thyme leaf oil as a purifier. Flouride Free Saccharin Free

You can get it on amazon for around $4.

• 1 year later...

I use this recipe to make my own 

I haven't been to a dentist in 3 years, but my teeth are less sensitive to cold, and my gums don't hurt or bleed when I floss anymore (I've also been flossing at least once a day, so that's probably helping)

I'm a fan of Waleda Salt Toothpaste.  I prefer it over the super sweet typical brands.  That said, I use it at night or during the day.  In the morning I use something with a little fluoride.  (and no, I don't want to start a big fluoride debate here.)

FYI, almost ALL toothpaste has carageenan in it!  Why, I have no idea.  I was actually on a mission yesterday at Natural Grocers to find some without, and I found three out of probably 20 brands.  I've been using the Himalaya, which I really like, but I recently read the ingredients and, yes folks, carageenan again! 

I even found carageenan in the canned dogfood I buy - and it's not a grocery store brand, either.  It's a more expensive "natural" brand. 

WTH?

Archived