Tigers and Turtles - 2016

Crimsann

Wow it has been quiet in here lately!  Hopefully everyone is just busy enjoying some nice weather.

Nancy - sorry you didn't like the yogurt - nothing like really looking forward to something only to find out you don't like it.  What other kind of good stuff have you been fixing in the IP?

MissLindy - I am glad you don't think your efforts are small - they are huge!!!  

I had been doing so well on W30 until last few days - developed rather significant bloating and fluid retention in legs and hands.  Diet has been compliant except that we ate at a Ruby Tuesday Saturday and although I ordered baked potato plain later I looked on their allergen menu and it seemed like they were saying they rub them with either soybean oil or butter -  :wacko: I need to call and verify just to know for sure.  The other idea is that I ate raw broccoli some too.  I would have expected that to cause stomach discomfort (which I didn't have) but I wouldn't have expected the fluid retention. Oh well - I am planning to start reintro's on May 1 and start with stuff I am pretty sure is ok - like corn - YUM.

Hope you all are doing well in your individual journeys to health!!!

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, I think bpaitsel is correct and it's time for a general checking in ladies!  Myself firsted. 

I was actually thinking on the drive home a bit ago that if I could just dictate a post....but I'm going to take the time anyway because I have known for days now that I'm overdue for an update!

First off, I'm still struggling with the last dregs of this cold.  I'm mostly fine all day, then right at bedtime the congestion starts up again which is only sort of helping me sleep a bit more...but not especially well.  I think someone mentioned taking something for it, should come clean on that, I pretty much never take medication of any kind aside from Advil and or a decongestant or cough drops.  It's nothing serious one way or the other belief wise, I'm just not really all that into the science of medicine as it's such an ever evolving area.  I guess if I had to pin myself down I'm more of the "if it doesn't kill you" school.  I don't know that I exactly believe that letting the body cure itself helps it tune it's immune system more or if it's just the fact that I so rarely do get sick (or amend that to did get sick before I had a walking germ factory as a niece!) that it's not really mattered much.  In the past, even when I did start to come down with anything I usually kicked it before it even settled in.  There is the getting older factor as well though!  Anyway long way around saying no I haven't taken anything so just dealing.

The biggest problem was towards the end of my time off, when I should have slept around the clock to recharge, I hit my own pitfall.  I see the end of the time coming and I force myself to make the absolute most of every single second I have left.  Like, staying up until well into the morning even when I know I've hit my limit.  It annoys me when I do this because all it does is leave me more wiped out than when I was working, but if you think treating yourself with food is addicting...treating yourself with time is worse!  Or it is for me.

So I started Monday off on about 4.5 hours sleep only to find that my co-worker is back in the hospital and there isn't even a time line on when she will be back. 

This mostly explains my radio silence this week.  Not only is she out, but it was already going to be a packed week, and it's been full-moon crazy.  We had hired a third person late last year but she is still in training to a large extent because we are basically trouble-shooters and it takes ages before you have even SEEN all the things we might be called on to deal with let alone learn how to handle them all or creatively solve the new ones that pop up.  She was on her own half of today and I came back from teaching to find a note on my desk saying as of tomorrow I'm on "house arrest"...I'm taking that to mean it didn't get any quieter after I left her so tomorrow morning will likely kick off with rehashing everything that came up before even starting in on the next round....oh and it's end of the month so all that reporting needs to be done.

Oh but it gets better.  Next week...with co-worker 1 still out for sure, co-worker in training is going out for surgery as well.  I will then have the entire barrage of first of the month reports, both my job and theirs, a class half the day on Tuesday, and classes all day long both Wednesday and Thursday.  I'm not teaching those full days but it was a narrow miss when the software vendor kicked up a fuss over flight options and we nearly cancelled having her come which would have meant the classes fell to me.  I can see it now!  Teaching with one half my brain while answering the emails and phone calls I would also have to somehow cover since no one is in the office with the other?!?!  As it is, I will be on my laptop the entire time while trying to soak in the classes since once this initial training is done I will be doing these sessions.  All on a topic I have no experience in.  Oh sure, I can teach people to log in and change their passwords and navigate the site but ask me one thing about what that stuff is for, how it works, why it's done this way....I got nada. 

Okay, probably should stop to breathe right now.  I've gotten through worse, probably, just can't put my finger on when.  My sister, love her, for her birthday this weekend talked about taking both girls out of town for an overnighter so I'm looking at a potential "relaxing" weekend in the car with a two-year old and a 9-month old for at least 5 hour jaunts there and back and their first overnight stay other than at home. 

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG HERE?!?!?  (Crimsann dissolves into mildly hysterical paroxysms of giggles.)  I don't even remember what I was doing when I agreed to this plan either but anyone else suspect it wasn't fully paying attention? 

Meal plan for the week?  You gotta be kidding me.  Meal plan for NEXT week?  I can't even muster up a blank stare. 

That being said, it hasn't been too horrible.  We went out to eat Tuesday and I ordered a kale/apple/bacon/pecan salad thing that they served on what I swear could have been used to hold a small roast pig.  No one fully human could eat that much salad.  So that got me through two lunches.  I'm sure neither the dressing nor the bacon were compliant but close enough for where I'm at right now.  If we do end up going away this weekend there will be no time for cooking so next week will probably end up being the closest to all-out chaos I've come even when I'd given myself permission for a wild week but I can feel some real differences this time.  When I have stuck to my "don't put non-compliant stuff in the cart", it's really worked out well and more importantly maybe even when I haven't stuck to that I've been able to say no to things when I wasn't hungry or even when I just felt like I wanted something but knew I didn't need it.  Control is far from perfect, but it's also a lot better defined and I can sense that.  If next week doesn't totally unhinge me, I suspect I will kick June off early because I'm just ready to be back on plan. 

Is that last thing the most crazy thing I've said in this entire crazy long post?!  Blows my mind is all!

Greetings from wintery WI. It's 38 here, and rainy. And my winter depression is in full-blown active mode. I'm struggling more than normal these days. Food-wise, things haven't changed much--mostly compliant meals, punctuated by wildly non-compliant snacks. My biggest issue is the sh*t-storm of bad things that are happening in the lives of people I love. My sister-in-law (actually my ex's sister, but when we divorced each other, we kept each other's families...) is dying of liver cancer. She has stopped all treatment in order to spend her remaining time with her family rather than in the hospital fighting the effects of chemotherapy. She is one of those wonderful people who has always been there for everyone, is universally loved, and is still doing what she can to make others comfortable when they visit her. My sister's BFF lost a daughter to suicide. And on Wednesday night, my nephew's girlfriend and another close friend of his were killed in a horrific car crash in Georgia. They were all students where my nephew goes, UGA. Possibly because of my impaired internal workings, I am taking all of these things much harder than I otherwise would, and they have knocked me completely off center. 

On the up-side, I am spending a couple of days with my daughters. We (older daughter and I) are driving to where my younger daughter is stationed, about 6 hours away, on Sunday, and staying till Tuesday. My younger daughter has finally broken up with the awful guy she has been living with, and we are glad about that. She's struggling a bit, but moving on. I think time with her mom and sister will be very good for her, and we can all use some time to process all the crap that is going on around us. 

As I think ahead about what's next for me where food is concerned, I'm not sure at all of how I want to proceed. I have a flurry of activity from now through July 4th, all of it social and fun. Then things slow down to a crawl for the rest of the summer. That's usually how it goes, for a variety of reasons. I think a Whole30 might be a wonderful birthday gift to myself (July 5). I don't see one happening before then. I guess that sounds like a plan. Am I wimping out by not tackling a W30 in the midst of family reunions, Summerfest (Milwaukee's claim-to-fame ginormous music festival) which I attend with my sisters every year, parties, etc? Possibly. But I'm ok with that. I'll provide myself with activities that will warm my heart and feed my soul, then work on feeding my body. 

bpaitsel, I hope you nail down the cause of your current discomfort soon!  :o

crimsann, thanks for the laughs. I hope you have 3 minutes to yourself at least once a day. And good luck with that trip!!  :blink:

I better get started on getting ready for work. I called in "late" today, but don't want to push it. My boss is pretty relaxed about stuff like that, but I've really been riding the edge as far as time off goes... But in 8 short years, I have retirement to look forward to! (Short years? <sigh>)

How about the rest of you--roll call!

Life is just kind of a b**** sometimes - doesn't seem right though.  Crimsann - take a breath and I think you will come out on the other side ok. I hope you are feeling better soon.  I share your philosophy about letting the body heal itself - sometimes it takes a while though.  And yes, it does sound crazy, that in the midst of everything going on you are still thinking about healthy food - but that is the process isn't it?

Nancy  - I am so sorry for all of the tragedy that is surrounding you right now.   Sometimes the loss just seems to be too much but hold on tight to the family and friends that you have.  Everything has a priority and you will find the right balance for you.  Hopefully the sun will be shining soon!

On a personal note we have had highs and lows in the last week or so.  My husband's brother passed away a week ago after a terribly complicated surgery and on the same day we listed our house for sale.  Just ironic.  Sixteen years ago when we bought this house my brother was actively dying of cancer.  Does the universe sense this??  Sale of the house had been contemplated for some time but things came together the same day as his passing.  Fortunately (?) our house sold quickly and we signed a contract for the sale today.  Which now means we have about 30 days to vacate and since our new home is probably 3 months away we will be living in a 25 foot camper with our cat and dog for the next 2-3 months - this should be interesting right?  But there are priorities to be attended to.  

Any way, as far as W30 is concerned - I know how much better I feel in general.  This, like everything else, is a process, and I will attempt to make the best of it.

More bad news about another friend... <sigh> One of the things I've realized in the last couple of weeks, maybe since I knocked out my knee, is that for the first time in my life, I FEEL my age. I'll be 59 in July, and I feel at least that old right now. That has got to change, and the only one who can do that is ME. Yes, things are happening around me, but they are not happening TO me. Something to think about.

bpaitsel, I'm sorry for the loss of your husband's brother. It looks like the universe does have an idea of how things fit together. The universe will also be watching to see how things go in that camper for three months! Yikes... 

Working around my apartment today, getting ready for my weekend with my daughters--a much needed break in the action!

Good morning, ladies! A rainy 53 degrees today. Normally we are in the 70s by now. We had a few hot days but now it feels like winter is returning. This global warming is not happening here!

I'm very sorry bapitsel and Nancy that you have had these losses and illnesses. One of my good friends called me yesterday to say she has breast cancer.

Nancy, I will be 75 in October but I don't feel more than 45. I attribute that, in part, to the fact I don't have children so don't measure myself by their ages. I also go to the Y 5 days a week and workout with other seniors, some in their late 80s and early 90s who are active and healthy. I read a book last year called the Blue Solution - How to Live to be 100. Diet and exercise were 2 of the factors and the other was social connections. I found it very interesting. I have depression also and have been on mediation for it for years. Gloomy weather immediately makes me want to hibernate in my bed and sleep the day away. The light box doesn't do much for me.

Crimsann, I hope things get better at work soon! I remember days like that. Once our server and phone system was struck by lightening and I worked 46 hours straight to get replacements in and install software and the backup to get our business back to exact. The owner had a couch in his office and I caught naps on it.  I was the Network Administrator so it was my job. Not only did I have a huge paycheck, he sent me for 2 week cruise.

This W30 won't count as one for I struggled. I think I need a vacation from it for awhile but I'm not going back to my old way of eating. I read a review of "Always Hungry" and bought a copy. It addresses food, emotions, exercise, and sleep. The its pretty much W30 with the addition of legumes and dairy, which my body likes. The diet for the first 2 weeks works out to 25% carbs, 25% protein and 50% fat, then moves to 35% carbs, 25% protein, and 40% fat. If you follow the meal template, you don't have to log anything. Anyway, I have read the book twice, gotten on the Facebook group, and today I'll make my menus and grocery list, go to the grocery store, do some prep of sauces, protein salad, and get salad greens ready. Tomorrow will be Day 1.

I love my IP. I put chicken breasts with broth and carrot, celery, and onion in it at 4:50 last night and at 5:15 my chick was in the fridge and the kitchen was cleaned. I shredded some of the chicken and cubed the rest for chicken salad. Chuck roast is on sale this week so I'll be doing one. It makes great rice.

I'm so glad to have you as friends. It means a lot to have others understand the troubles of eating right.

My last day of W30.  Surprisingly this one has been easier than the second one which was much harder than the first one. :wacko: I'm not completely recovered from some major fluid retention that I think came from something at Ruby Tuesday last weekend but I had planned on intro'ing corn tomorrow and have already bought some fresh so I am going to go ahead with the reintro.  I know the recommendation is to eat 3 servings of the food but I also know that my body functions much better on low carb.  And when I add carbs to my meals my veggie portions go way down.  So, I am probably just going to have one good portion and I think that will be enough for a test.  I don't suspect that corn is an issue for me anyway.  Although I am looking forward to some dairy items I want that to be last.  I recently ordered some Cassava flour so I am looking forward to experimenting with that some.  I think that the fact that it is so pricey will keep me from "experimenting" too much ;)

Nancy, I am sorry your knee has been such a problem.  Maybe a formal course of physical therapy would be helpful?  I'll be 55 in June so not far behind you!  And some days I feel all of it and then some; but when the stars are aligned just right I forget my age.

Hoping to see some sun tomorrow.

Hello

I have been reading everyone's posts and catching up with your lives. I am so sorry to hear about the loss and heartache that is happening in your lives, it is so difficult to lose people we love.

I have had to say good-bye to a dear friend as well this year. My consolation is that he was suffering and unable to live the life he wanted, now he is free. Still feel sad, though.

I have been so busy with a project that has a deadline and  I have been working every minute God sends lately. Well not every minute, I took time out to eat items that were so off track for me that it was astounding. Then I did it again the next day. I hope I can remember the results of this little experiment because I have been so ill and so sore, I even woke up crying several times the other night because I was in so much pain. At least I know there is a reason there are some items not allowed on AIP. And if anyone wants a clearer message of what not to eat, I think I got it.

So am back on prgramme for a minimum of two weeks to get my system organized. Bone broth at daybreak, noon, and night!

I was getting so discouraged that I haven't been able to wear some of the clothes I would like to, basically just pouting and figuring I could do as I like. Not so. I completely ignored the fact that I was feeling so well and was so peaceful, full of energy and 98% happier than I have been for a few years.

I do think my largest problem at the moment is that I am treating this as a diet and wanting to lose weight. I have been getting healthier and loving it, time to update the tapes.

There has been no swimming for the past two days, water not high enough and coming in too late. But the higher tides will be back in a day or so and I can arrange to be home to jump in. I still love doing that. My poor husband stands on the shore turning blue at the thought of it. So funny.

Glad to have had this time with you all. I will light candles for you and send prayers. Take care of yourselves.

MissLindy, it seems we have all fallen into the turtle phase of our journey but are all getting ourselves back on track and will soon be tigers once again. I don't envy you in the cold water. The Y keeps the pool at 84 degrees and that is cold enough for me!

Bpaitsel, I just got some chickpea flour and a cookbook. Its relatively inexpensive (I got 4 pound bag at the Indian grocery store for $4.49) and so far I've liked what I've made (pancakes, cheesy biscuits, and thickened gravy). I read about it in "Always Hungry" so thought I'd try it. It's not compliant with W30, but I'm off roading now.

Crimsann, if you had Dragon Naturally Speaking on your phone or computer, you could dictate a post. My boss was a terrible typist and he had me put it on his computer years ago when it first came out. It's amazing. The funny thing was if he forgot to turn it off and took a phone call or talked to someone in his office, it would keep right on typing. It also spelled better than he could.

Nancy W, how was your weekend with your daughters?

Two friends and I are taking a trip to a quilt shop about an hour away today. We'll have lunch and shop and talk a blue streak. What fun!

Have a blessed day!

Hello Ladies, I do still exist!  I just haven't been online for a couple of months now.  I have a lot of catching up to do (and not much time) but it looks like you all have a lot going on, good and bad.  We did indeed get on a new project in Corpus Christi and they're working the legs off me.  My feet feel like nubs tonight.  Better for me than the desk job they stuck me with last summer, but trying to reacclimatize myself to the heat/humidity and hours has been brutal.

Today Miss Lindy's post about catching up with everyone's lives caught my eye as the notification crossed my phone (have to have them at work but usually too tired to check into the social scene when I get out) and I decided I had to beg/borrow/steal some time tonight to see what has been happening.  Don't think I will make it through the two months tonight, I'm already nodding off on my keyboard.

I'm trying to get fully back on program, have been mostly healthy but with too many "convenience" stops on the way home from work when nothing was thawed.  I also lost my craving for corn chips when I added in a magnesium supplement. Who knew?  I have a store brand version of NutriBullet and have become enthralled with it.  Thinking of taking smoothies for lunch (plenty of veg in there) as it gets hotter here - hard to eat when I'm outdoors in the heat all day.  Even a salad begins to be unappealing in those circumstances.

Hello Ladies, I do still exist!  I just haven't been online for a couple of months now.  I have a lot of catching up to do (and not much time) but it looks like you all have a lot going on, good and bad.  We did indeed get on a new project in Corpus Christi and they're working the legs off me.  My feet feel like nubs tonight.  Better for me than the desk job they stuck me with last summer, but trying to reacclimatize myself to the heat/humidity and hours has been brutal.

Today Miss Lindy's post about catching up with everyone's lives caught my eye as the notification crossed my phone (have to have them at work but usually too tired to check into the social scene when I get out) and I decided I had to beg/borrow/steal some time tonight to see what has been happening.  Don't think I will make it through the two months tonight, I'm already nodding off on my keyboard.

I'm trying to get fully back on program, have been mostly healthy but with too many "convenience" stops on the way home from work when nothing was thawed.  I also lost my craving for corn chips when I added in a magnesium supplement. Who knew?  I have a store brand version of NutriBullet and have become enthralled with it.  Thinking of taking smoothies for lunch (plenty of veg in there) as it gets hotter here - hard to eat when I'm outdoors in the heat all day.  Even a salad begins to be unappealing in those circumstances.

I have been wondering where you were and how things were going. Glad to hear from you. 

One of the best things about this thread is that we can check in when we can and not have to be saying something every day. So glad to have heard from Cynthia and know you are busy and keeping your head above water - so to speak.

Susan, my husband is building me a new computer and one of the programmes I have been promised is Dragon Speaking Naturally. Someone told me it takes some time to learn to use it - is that so? I am such a computer nerd and get so frustrated with programmes. I want to use it but made need help, do they have help topics that are easy to follow? (Does anyone get I am anxious???? Gosh I hate learning new computer stuff--I don't even go online with a phone.)

Much much better today in this part of the world. I started out with a lovely breakfast and bone broth, when I realized the tide was in and high enough for a decent plunge. Put breakfast on hold and went in. Cold but clear lovely lovely water and so still. I was the only one in the sea so had plenty of space. Hot shower and back to finish my breakfast! Great start to the day.

Finished my latest project and am thinking of the next one. That's the worst for me, once I am done with one I think I will never have another to start. Silly Silly silly.

Hope you are all having some light spots in your day. 

MissLindy, it takes about 30 minutes to set up Dragon. You read paragraphs so it can learn your voice and how you pronounce words. If you purchase it for your computer, you can download a free app for your tablet or phone. My ex-boss is a Type A personality, knows nothing about computers and doesn't want to, and he got it done so I know you can. They have excellent support and it won't be long before you can use it. 

Had a lovely day with my friends yesterday and lunch at Ruby Tuesday. I got a burger without the bun mashed cauliflower. They put a big pile of the buger toppings on the plate (lettuce, tomato slices, onion) so I squeezed some lemon on it and called it a tiny salad.

Cynthia, I think we've all been struggling a little but we just keep going on. It is good to have you back.

MissLindy, it takes about 30 minutes to set up Dragon. You read paragraphs so it can learn your voice and how you pronounce words. If you purchase it for your computer, you can download a free app for your tablet or phone. My ex-boss is a Type A personality, knows nothing about computers and doesn't want to, and he got it done so I know you can. They have excellent support and it won't be long before you can use it. 

Had a lovely day with my friends yesterday and lunch at Ruby Tuesday. I got a burger without the bun mashed cauliflower. They put a big pile of the buger toppings on the plate (lettuce, tomato slices, onion) so I squeezed some lemon on it and called it a tiny salad.

Cynthia, I think we've all been struggling a little but we just keep going on. It is good to have you back.

Thanks, Susan. I am excited to get it but I am sure it will months before anything actually happens. The programmes are on the way, the components are being gathered as we speak--and on and on. But your message is encouraging. I can hardly wait.

Nothing much to report at the moment. Am hanging out waiting for the tide to come in then can jump in the drink. Speaking of which I must make more of an effort to drink water, have been slacking off that badly.

Foggy here today so it is a bit chillier but our days have been gorgeous, there is still a lot of heat in the sun even though we are on the short end of autumn.

Hi all! I had a FABULOUS weekend with my girls! Lots of much-needed laughing and clowning around! Back home now, and headed to work tomorrow. I didn't stop for groceries on my way home, and I'll probably regret that, but I'm home and not leaving again till it's time to go to work tomorrow. Gonna be a long few days, as it's month end and I'll be making up some of the time I had off yesterday and today. Totally worth it!

Glad to see people checking in. For those of us who are trying to get back on track, maybe the nicer weather will help. I've actually seen the sun for two of the last 3 days, and I can feel a difference in my outlook. Now i'm going to pull a couple of recipes and make a list so I can grocery shop tomorrow on my lunch hour. Will be stopping at the salad bar at the grocery store too. 

Welcome back, Cynthia!

Welcome back Cynthia - good to hear from you again.  

Miss Lindy - my supervisors use Dragon and it didn't seem to be too involved in setting it up so I think you will be just fine - I dislike learning new technology too!

Trying to stay on track with slow roll for re-intros.  Intro'd corn and pretty sure no problems with that.  Have let in some sugar without waking Dragon yet.  Life right now is very stressful as we have experienced another very unexpected death in the family.  Just trying to focus on the really important things right now like being present each day for loved ones - there is no guarantee for tomorrow.  Hope I don't sound too down right now just have a very heavy heart.

Nancy - glad your outlook is getting sunnier!

Thanks for the welcome back. :)

bpaitsel, sympathy to you, unexpected loss is devastating for family.  {{Hug}}

While I've been away, I did do some reintro. Discovered I'm ok with milk if I take the Lactose with it, so once in awhile I can indulge.  Usually when we go into Mexican restaurant.  Doing ok with sugar dragon, my only nemesis in this part of the country is the the milk candy they sell at our favorite little Mexican places here.  Thank goodness it sells by the piece and not the box!  At home I stay with my coconut milk.

I have been craving fish a lot, going to have to do a little research and see what I might be deficient in to cause that. :)

Hi everyone!  I LOVE this group - each of us on our journeys, climbing over (or carrying) our own rocks, but also seeking and finding the sun and thew cool breezes of enjoying life and FEELING GREAT.

Miss Lindy, your cold water swims absolutely take my breath away - just thinking about them!  I am so impressed and so appreciative of you for reminding me about bone broth.

bpaitsel and nancy, and everyone suffering from deep loss - thanks for sharing what is happening in your lives.  I've been swimming thourhg mud with a very depressed husband and resulting family uproars - a broken heart for me when I had to miss a weekend away with my sister - but now I am on a plan to find my feet beneath me again....rounding up all the psychological and spiritual supports I need - AND remembering that It Starts With Food!!...but, hearing from each of you, I feel your arms around me and all of us...and I know my challenges are no more or less than any of yours...

I also know and see how emotional eating does not take care of the emotional stress...just makes me feel worse overall.  I need to move closer to 100% for sure.

so good we are here for each other.

I've been trying to focus on more sleep (and hence less screen time) for the past week or so...but now, well, I just need you all....and you never disappoint.

So, one foot in front of the other - each meal, each day, each decision about what I put in my mouth a vote for my well being...

You are all so inspiring...and so real.

So now, after watching Donald Trump wrap up the nomination (more or less) tonight...accompanied by a cup of sleep tea...I am off, with you all in my heart and prayers.

What a country, what a process. Whatever we see in the candidates and the process, it all clearly points to the need for more of us to be in our bodies, not thrown from one shoal to another by bad food choices....clear and energized. We are going to need all the clarity we can get, whether we end up with Donald or Hillary.....whew.

Peace out, my friends. Sleep, eat, and be well.

merg

Merg - great to hear from you.  It sounds like you are creating a great support system and I am glad.  So far I have resisted the emotional eating - and drinking because - like you said - it only makes it worse.  When we feel good hopefully we can do good things.  One of my goals is to cut down on screen time too which won't be too hard in a few weeks considering that after we close on the sale of our house I won't have internet service  except for at work which will mean just at lunchtime.  And, no, I don't have a smart phone.  But, I will still be on here because I love the suppport, motivation and inspiration from everyone.  May the 4th be with you!!! ( I just had to do that :lol: )

Welcome back Cynthia - good to hear from you again.  

Miss Lindy - my supervisors use Dragon and it didn't seem to be too involved in setting it up so I think you will be just fine - I dislike learning new technology too!

Trying to stay on track with slow roll for re-intros.  Intro'd corn and pretty sure no problems with that.  Have let in some sugar without waking Dragon yet.  Life right now is very stressful as we have experienced another very unexpected death in the family.  Just trying to focus on the really important things right now like being present each day for loved ones - there is no guarantee for tomorrow.  Hope I don't sound too down right now just have a very heavy heart.

Nancy - glad your outlook is getting sunnier!

Sending hugs.

Hi everyone!  I LOVE this group - each of us on our journeys, climbing over (or carrying) our own rocks, but also seeking and finding the sun and thew cool breezes of enjoying life and FEELING GREAT.

Miss Lindy, your cold water swims absolutely take my breath away - just thinking about them!  I am so impressed and so appreciative of you for reminding me about bone broth.

bpaitsel and nancy, and everyone suffering from deep loss - thanks for sharing what is happening in your lives.  I've been swimming thourhg mud with a very depressed husband and resulting family uproars - a broken heart for me when I had to miss a weekend away with my sister - but now I am on a plan to find my feet beneath me again....rounding up all the psychological and spiritual supports I need - AND remembering that It Starts With Food!!...but, hearing from each of you, I feel your arms around me and all of us...and I know my challenges are no more or less than any of yours...

I also know and see how emotional eating does not take care of the emotional stress...just makes me feel worse overall.  I need to move closer to 100% for sure.

so good we are here for each other.

I've been trying to focus on more sleep (and hence less screen time) for the past week or so...but now, well, I just need you all....and you never disappoint.

So, one foot in front of the other - each meal, each day, each decision about what I put in my mouth a vote for my well being...

You are all so inspiring...and so real.

So now, after watching Donald Trump wrap up the nomination (more or less) tonight...accompanied by a cup of sleep tea...I am off, with you all in my heart and prayers.

What a country, what a process. Whatever we see in the candidates and the process, it all clearly points to the need for more of us to be in our bodies, not thrown from one shoal to another by bad food choices....clear and energized. We are going to need all the clarity we can get, whether we end up with Donald or Hillary.....whew.

Peace out, my friends. Sleep, eat, and be well.

merg

So great to hear from you Merg. 

May the 4th be with you! Love it. Nothing like a smile to start the day.

Glad to hear the sun is showing up for you, Nancy. Pleased you had such a good weekend with your daughters.

I have discovered that when I am not getting my sleep that is when I make foolish, unwise, uninformed, self-harming decisions. So more anything I need to go to bed and stay there until I wake up properly. I was getting up early three days in a row to catch an online class: it meant I had to be up at my 0500 and then try to function all day. I didn't sleep well the night before conscious that I didn't want to miss the class. So by the fourth day, I was completely whacko. Have decided the class will have to wait.

Good day yesterday and went to bed early, breakfast now then the tide is in and calling. Honestly, it is not too cold or else I am getting used to it. But the temperature of the water doesn't change much I don't think. The temperature out of the water does. But not far from the house to the sea so only about a minute from one to the other, then the hot shower. Someone said this is supposed to be very good for your immune system. Who knows, I am just still so pleased I can do it.

Hope you all have an easier day with a bit of sun in your heart.

bpaitsel, so sorry to hear of your loss.

Merg, welcome back! 

Now I'm off to curl up on the couch and nurse the cold my daughter sent home with me. Still TOTALLY worth it!

Thanks to all of you for making this such a warm and welcoming place!

Lovely swim this morning, it is a most unusual year weather-wise. Much warmer during the day than normal, and virtually no wind--unheard of. 

Have been following my programme faithfully all week and feeling better. Sleep is still erratic however so want that to sort itself. Perhaps I need to be more active in the day. I only swim and a bit of walking but am mostly chained to my desk.

Hope you are all looking forward to the weekend and planning something nice for yourself whatever you are doing. I have a book by a new to me author and am building in reading time.

Archived