Acne/pimples

I completed a whole 35 back in February with a great deal of success - though I have a long way to go. also I have continued eating Whole 30 for any meals at home or packed to take to work, that means that I might have one or two meals a week that are not Whole 30 compliant if I eat at someone else's house or at a restaurant but I still usually try to make the best choices possible. this is the concern I have and it started during the whole 35 days and has continued - I have had more pimples since I started the Whole 30 in January then I ever had in my life. now let me clarify that these are small, white and on my face. my entire life I might get one pimple or two during that time of the month, otherwise I always had clear skin. now I am having at least one a week and today I had a cluster of three on my cheek. does anyone know why this may have started to occur after I begin Whole 30? it just seems strange. thanks for your input.

• Moderators

None here are medical professionals but the first thing I think of is hormones. Your body could also be detoxing...

Do you notice they're better or worse depending on what you eat? You may want to keep a log. Also, you don't say if you did reintroductions so there's a chance you're eating something in those meals out that is causing problems.

• Moderators

Here is how detoxing could be involved... Your body stores toxins in fat cells. When you lose fat, the toxins move. A lot of it is flushed out of the body promptly, but some can cause problems first... maybe skin irritation. 

Archived