Vega Smoothies

Brianna M. Hines

Hi Everyone!

I'm currently on Day 3. I've taken away carbonated drinks, and majority all juices due to sugar but I'm having a hard time finding something to drink.

I don't like Coffee or Tea so that's kind of hard. Am I stuck with only water???

I've drank Vega Smoothies w/ lots of fruit (bananas,peaches,blackberries, blueberries, strawberries) With 2tbsp of Almond Milk and Coconut Milk mostly in the mornings for post-workout/ accompanying my breakfast for the last couple of days, but reading the forums that mention it must not be a good idea!

Taking it off my daily regimen, but I do need an alternative drink!!! HELP!

post-6435-0-21393000-1349288901_thumb.jp

no. Vega is made from a mix of rice, pea, and hemp proteins. None of these are allowed on the W30 program. It also has added sweeteners (also not allowed) and "lots" of fruit is to be avoided as well.

Water is good. Tea and coffee are fine. Kombucha (one with less than 2grams of sugar) can be nice for a treat, but a smoothie is most likely not a good idea regardless of ingredients. Try to get your calories from real solid foods following the meal planning guidelines for protein, fat, etc. Water may take some getting used to, but you'll get there.

ps. the coconut milk and almond milk in cartons (like in your picture) are unlikely to work on the program--check labels for things like sweeteners and carrageenan. If they include that, they are not on the plan.

no. Vega is made from a mix of rice, pea, and hemp proteins. None of these are allowed on the W30 program. It also has added sweeteners (also not allowed) and "lots" of fruit is to be avoided as well.

Water is good. Tea and coffee are fine. Kombucha (one with less than 2grams of sugar) can be nice for a treat, but a smoothie is most likely not a good idea regardless of ingredients. Try to get your calories from real solid foods following the meal planning guidelines for protein, fat, etc. Water may take some getting used to, but you'll get there.

ps. the coconut milk and almond milk in cartons (like in your picture) are unlikely to work on the program--check labels for things like sweeteners and carrageenan. If they include that, they are not on the plan.

Thanks! I stopped drinking them after I read later entries about them!

I had this same problem when I started my Whole30. I really missed cold drinks, and especially carbonated drinks. I don't drink coffee or tea. I found sparkling water - Pelligino - with lime juice hit the spot for me. Cold and carbonated! I also discovered kombucha teas through these forums. They're fermented teas, so you get some fizz to them and they come in different flavors. GT Dave's brand from Whole Foods seems to be the most popular.

Good luck with your Whole 30!

LaCroix is my lifesaver. They have many flavors so you won't get bored. And I found that I drink a lot more liquids when there is tasty LaCroix around.

You can also try Kombucha (it's an acquired taste but you will learn to love it) and the occasional coconut water.

It's not flavored but I also love Gerolsteiner (can be found at Trader Joes.) It's a good wind down sparkly beverage because it has magnesium in it :)

I have had success drinking only hot water, something I never thought I would like. I don't like cold water all day for some reason, but walking around all day with a travel mug of hot water does it for me and I don't crave any other drink or flavor.

I was addicted to Diet Coke. And I had a hard time trying to find something to drink. I finally found

Sassy Water

I take a large 2 liter bottle of Sparkling Soda Water and put in 1/2 cucumber, sliced thin, one orange sliced thin, one lime, sliced thin and one lemon, sliced thin. Put all these into the Water and let steep in the refrigerator overnight. Then strain the Water into another jug and discard the fruit. It is very refreshing :) and does not have all the sugar from the fruit, only the taste.

This is what I have been drinking for the past three weeks. Really good and inexpensive.

Archived