Soy finished pastured pork

Rachael2288

I purchased some ground pork and pork strips (what they would use to make bacon but it isn't bacon) at the farmer's market this weekend from a local farmer. He said his pigs are pastured but "soy finished" but his soy doesn't have all the fats removed like most of the other pork available on the market.

Is this compliant? He doesn't use any other ingredients and all the other good stuff but they are finished with some type of soy... Thanks!

Here's a side note...my WF brags about a brand of eggs from pastured chickens that they carry. It's soy free....$10 a dozen. Can you imagine? Of course, my "no soy, no soy" brain wants to buy them, but my wallet says no. :)

Here's a side note...my WF brags about a brand of eggs from pastured chickens that they carry. It's soy free....$10 a dozen. Can you imagine? Of course, my "no soy, no soy" brain wants to buy them, but my wallet says no. :)

You might as well start rearing chicken yourself at that price! I use 30 eggs per week!

You might as well start rearing chicken yourself at that price! I use 30 eggs per week!

I'm in a city so I can't, but I so would if I could!! It's still a fairly inexpensive protein when compared to others, but I have not done the "soy free" pastured eggs yet. If I start, I won't be able to stop.

Archived