Reduced appetite in 2nd half of Whole30?

aprilb

Hey gang! Not sure if this is the best place for this question ... its not a problem, per se, but doesn't really fit the other topics. ANYway ...

Has anyone else noticed a drop in their appetite in the second half of their Whole30? 

I'm on day 27. (WOOT!)  And for the past week or so, I've just not had the appetite I did in the first two weeks. Sometimes I'm almost not even hungry enough for a meal. I don't think I'm eating bigger meals than I was before (which could potentially delay hunger for the next one). 

Maybe my body isn't having to fight me as much for nourishment now, and so it feels satisfied?

Just wondering.

I'm on day 22 and yesterday I had no appetite at all. It was in the mid-90's here, and cooking did not appeal to me. Salad did not appeal to me. I ate a good sized breakfast and snacked the rest of the day. My snacks were compliant, though, but not full meals. I'm heading into my last week feeling pretty good overall, and I don't think one day is going to affect my results.

Hey! I am having the same issue. I am on day 22 (almost done!) but I have had no appetite for the last week or so. But it's more than just not being hungry, I actually feel nauseous when I think about eating. Protein doesn't sound good, I am not craving sweets, salad as a light option sound almost repulsive. I am still trying to eat meals but the turn off is getting worse. I read the other forums about nausea and they suggested eating something anyway, which I have been doing but the nausea comes back within an hour. This is contributing to my lack of appetite. What do I do?

I'm glad to know its not just me. Actually, I'm feeling a little better here (on day 29!). I'll tell you what helped me is trying some new recipes. As much as I didn't want to spend even MORE energy on food prep, ... I had new yummy things to eat this past weekend and I think my mindset is a bit better, too.

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, Stevey said:

Hi all, so Im on day 11. I am not getting hungry at all. Even if I am cooking for my family.  Do you just eat anyway or wait till your hungrey.

Yes, you continue to eat. Follow the template and eat at least the minimum amount every 4-5 hours. Your appetite will come back, this is not unusual.

I was very surprised that I had almost no hunger. I would forget to eat, and then an hour or two before "dinner," I'd realize I just clean forgot to eat.

I have just reminded myself that I need to eat. So now, I eat even if I'm not hungry, and just remember to eat a balanced meal. It's really a blessing not to be hangry anymore, but we also have to take care of ourselves. ;)

I am currently on day 16 and my lack of appetite started last week.  I feel like I am almost never hungry.  I know it is not what you are supposed to do, but I start my day with my coffee and coconut milk, and then usually have a sort of brunch at around 10-11 and I am good until dinner.  Sometimes I do have all 3 meals.  I guess it just depends on the day.   I am very happy that I am not craving any of my old bad habits, however find it sort of odd that I really don't crave anything. 

A glass of kombucha helps get my appetite going. If there's a day where I simply cannot stomach anything, I'll have a glass of 'booch and within 15-20 minutes I feel like I can get SOMETHING down, even if it's a template meal on the smaller side. As always, read labels and make sure your 'booch is compliant. 

Archived