Have you done your reintroduction?

NewStart2014

Hi, Changing, I believe all those things are possible, along with breaking out, energy dips, mood swings and problems sleeping. I've just reintroduced dairy and am struggling to make conclusions because if those WERE negative reactions I had, thy were subtle (sinus headache, maybe a little bloated). I've taken it back out again and plan to introduce it again later to see what happens. It's an experiment! Have a look at the post whole30 and reintroduction sections of th forum if you want to see what others are experiencing.

I am due to start re-introducing on Wednesday and I am a tad worried that it will start all the old problems again so I am unsure whether I will even bother? I really really don't want to start up the sugar cravings again (my main problem), don't fancy having the first 5 dyas of the whole 30 again as it was quite hard going.

I am due to start re-introducing on Wednesday and I am a tad worried that it will start all the old problems again so I am unsure whether I will even bother?

I don't think you HAVE to reintroduce anything. You could live the rest of your life doing just Paleo, I believe, though I've seen some folks mentioning a need for magnesium if you're full time Paleo forever. I can't do very high-fat dairy without agony, so, like you, I didn't bother to reintroduce it. Instead, I reintroduced dairy that I might actually eat. Other than that, you might do some experiments eventually just to know for sure what your problem areas are, but that doesn't mean you have to keep eating whatever it is. And you're probably safe NEVER reintroducing sugar.

Today is my day 30, so technically I can re-intro starting tomorrow. I have been off gluten/grains and legumes for a while, so I'm not going back to those. I would like to re-intro *some* dairy (grassfed butter and occasional organic heavy cream for coffee, maybe some occasional cheese). I don't anticipate eating dairy on a frequent basis, however.

I think beyond trying these types of dairy, my main difference when "off-roading" will be not worrying *quite* as much when eating out that a sauce has a bad oil, dairy, or little bit of sugar. Otherwise, I'm gonna continue paleo. And I'm planning another Whole 30 in January...

I finished my second successful Whole 30 on September 30th. I didn't add anything in right away as I was trying to figure out if I had a problem with eggs. I have now experimented with Dairy and Gluteny items. Ick on how both made me feel, so most of the time, they will be out of the question. I really am not even tempted. It would have to be a very special situation. I am not going to bother with legumes because I don't miss them and if I have some beans in the future, I will know. Sugar simply makes me want sugar, so again, not messing with that unless it's something very special at Christmas when I am in San Diego at my Mom's house. I will be having a happy hour drink (either cosmo or margarita) on the 19th, but I don't expect it to do much except maybe make me giddy. I can see having a nice glass of wine or two with a fabulous dinner out, but I'll wait until that occasion arises to decide. I am very comfy, happy and healthy in my Whole 30 bubble. :)

Today is my day 31. If you have read my log you know I could eat out of my freezer indefinitely.

But today I did add 10 drops of Stevia to my coffee along with my coconut cream.

That was two hours ago and so far so good.

If I added anything else I would have to buy it, and right now my months food budget is gone.

So I guess I'll just keep in as I have been.

Legumes don't tempt me. Breads don't tempt me.Dairy doesn't tempt me either.

So I guess I am good to go.

Today is my day 31. If you have read my log you know I could eat out of my freezer indefinitely.

But today I did add 10 drops of Stevia to my coffee along with my coconut cream.

That was two hours ago and so far so good.

If I added anything else I would have to buy it, and right now my months food budget is gone.

So I guess I'll just keep in as I have been.

So I guess I am good to go.

Yep, I don't see the need to add anything until the time comes you may feel like having something. :)

Lucky Duck! I could live without the legumes, and probably without the dairy, but this duck could definitely live on bread alone. Welcome to day 31, and best wishes for this next leg of the journey!

Well I will say one thing tempts me:

ICE CREAM

But that will have to wait.

Maybe this will help Nancy...it made me feel awful. I put 1 TBS half and half (from grass fed pastured cows even) and had some Greek yogurt and then ice cream that night. Bleck. I swear my heart was kind of pounding. All I know is that I am done with reintroductions and I am happy as a clam sticking with mostly W30 with a tiny bit of off roading when it matters.

I'm glad this discussion came up. The one thing I really want on day 31 is Ben & Jerry's ice cream. Now, I'm not so sure. I have a serious sugar problem & I'm thinking this might send me over the edge. I don't want to go back to scary type cravings again. If it makes me sick--I'd be ok w/that. It would discourage me from eating it again. If it gives me crazy type cravings...not so good. I'm so afraid of going back to the way I was. I'm going to really consider this. I have 11 days, so we'll see. :mellow:

I shared a pint of peach ice cream by Blue Bell with my husband.. UGHHHH I was so bloated afterwards! So, no more ice cream! Funny things is, I used cream(no sugar btw) in my coffee early that morning (only one cup a day for me) and a little sour cream on my chili.. those did not affect me. Could be the sugar in the ice cream as well, but not going to try it again, that's for sure. I haven't tried cheese yet, none in the house and I prefer to try a really good cheese anyway.

Today was my Day 31 and as "celebration" I started it with a coffee and baileys. It was good, and I enjoyed it but then I had a crazy jittery low-blood sugar feeling for the next 6 hours. I don't know if it was te sugar hit, the booze (although there wasn't a lot of it) the cream or what but I felt terrible.

Tonight I had 2 squares of dark chocolate. One was mint and it was good, and convinced me that i willl be able to live without After Eights/Ovations this Christmas (and have this instead) the other was 70% and was blah-- maybe it had been in the freezer too long.

Th rest of the day was compliant. Tomorrow I may have cream in my coffee and see how that goes. My birthday is Thursday and I'm having a party Fri and would like to eat a gf cupcake then so that'll be my non-gluten grains day. I don't plan on going back on gluten at all, and will wait for some future point for beans as I have no immediate need for them right now, either.

Tonight I tried 4 squares of Lindt Intense Orange (dark chocolate) and it make me sick. My blood sugars soared.. I was dizzy, nauseous and just felt totally disgusting. I had to take a twenty minute brisk walk to bring the high down. NO more chocolate for me.. or at least that one, I will try a higher % of cocoa next time with added flavors, if I try at all. I was shocked by how fast it made me sick, I still feel sick and that was almost two hours ago. I think I am done with reintroductions for now and will go back to my happy whole30 way of eating.

That partic Lindt bar has a lot of other stuff, too

Sugar, chocolate, almonds, orange

pieces (orange, sugar, apple, pineapple

pulp, thickening agents: sodium

alginate, calcium monophosphate, citric

acid), cocoa butter, milkfat, soya

lecithin (emulsifier), artificial flavoring,

natural orange flavoring.

You might be ok with say the 85%

INGREDIENTS:

Chocolate, cocoa powder, cocoa butter,

demerara sugar, bourbon vanilla beans.

I am on day 25 and I am also starting to worry about my reintroduction. Perhaps I will postpone it to December and continue another month on Whole30. I am feeling so great.

However, due to a lot of travelling, including almost a month in India over Christmas, I think I really have to reintroduce some things before I leave: yoghurt, paneer, rice, and legumes, at least.

Then I might do another Whole30 when I get back home in mid-January.

Archived