• Moderators
22 hours ago, NoMoreCrunchyCravings said:

Have you received a reply on who to ask about the photo posting difficulties, by any chance?

The person I asked is asking the tech person. Hopefully we'll find out something. 

If you use a service like Flickr or photobucket you might try attaching them from there instead.

1 hour ago, ShannonM816 said:

The person I asked is asking the tech person. Hopefully we'll find out something. 

If you use a service like Flickr or photobucket you might try attaching them from there instead.

Thank you for responding, Shannon. I don't use a service like that, which is why I really haven't posted any photos with ease other than the ones I just posted in the last two weeks or so. Hopefully tech can help with the issue!

If you go to edit your message, and double-click on the image, what does your version of this screen look like:

Clipboard01.jpg

I noticed in the food pic thread, your post with the small photos, the filenames of the smaller pics include "thumb" in the filename, which is short for 'thumbnail' which is a smaller version of a picture.  And usually when it's part of the file name like that, it's the result of an image hosting website creating a smaller version.  Did you by chance drag the picture or copy/paste it from a browser window, as opposed to choosing the file directly from your computer?

1 hour ago, ShannonM816 said:

I haven't heard anything else, sorry. 

I've also sent two emails, from the "contact us" button at the bottom of this page, but haven't heard anything. Can you direct me to someone who can help that I might reach out to them directly for assistance?

1 hour ago, kirkor said:

If you go to edit your message, and double-click on the image, what does your version of this screen look like:

Clipboard01.jpg

I noticed in the food pic thread, your post with the small photos, the filenames of the smaller pics include "thumb" in the filename, which is short for 'thumbnail' which is a smaller version of a picture.  And usually when it's part of the file name like that, it's the result of an image hosting website creating a smaller version.  Did you by chance drag the picture or copy/paste it from a browser window, as opposed to choosing the file directly from your computer?

At this point I'm past the time limit to edit those posts, and I can't post anymore photos to any more threads, so I can't check. I've only uploaded them from my computer, not from any hosting site, as I only took them on my iPhone, transferred and saved them to my computer, resized them in MS Paint to fit in my posts (did this because the site told me they were too big - which then the max file size got smaller and smaller each time I posted another one, so I had to make them progressively smaller each post), and then dragged from My Computer where I'd saved them in a personal photo file.

Sigh. I have such beautiful photos of meals to share and no way on the forum to share them.

Ok, I figured it out.  You max size is shrinking because all your attachments take up space, and the forum only allocates a certain amount of space for each user.  So with every upload, your size shrink.  It's like a hard drive filling up.  So, to display more pictures in your thread, they need to be hosted on a site like imgur.com or photobucket.com etc.

The issues with the space filling up with pics hosted at here with your W30 account is why those image hosting sites exist --- it's too resource-intensive for every site to host files for all their users.  Third-party sites fill that niche.

See this screenshot:

The attached files of my 1st test post reduced the max file size from ~10MB down to ~3MB for my 2nd test post.

AzDVmwK.jpg

• Whole30 Certified Coach

I want to see those pictures!  I use Flickr.  I typed this out for a forum-friend a while ago.  It might be a little different since it was about a year ago but it might get you 75% of the way there.

Archived