cthomasco

Does anyone know if we can eat anything at Bagger Daves restaraunt? I'm assuming just the burger / turkey burger with no bun, they have guacamole.

what about their fries/ sweet potato fries? I cannot find what they are cooked in or if they contain anything we cant have.

thank you!

57 minutes ago, cthomasco said:

what about their fries/ sweet potato fries?

Fries are only ever ok if you make them yourself at home:

Feel free to boil, bake, roast, pan-fry, grill, microwave, or steam them, but no commercially prepared or deep-fried potato chips or French fries.

http://whole30.com/2013/06/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/

On 1/25/2017 at 8:27 PM, SugarcubeOD said:

I wouldn't 'assume' that the burger is fine if you just leave the bun off.  You need to check with the restaurant what they put in the patty and what it's cooked in.

I'm not sure that it necessarily matters what it's cooked in. It's going to be cooked in some hydrogenated oil undoubtedly which is definitely bad, but it's allowed when and only when you eat out.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, manley0702 said:

I'm not sure that it necessarily matters what it's cooked in. It's going to be cooked in some hydrogenated oil undoubtedly which is definitely bad, but it's allowed when and only when you eat out.

Yes, it actually does matter.  Vegetable oil is allowed when eating out but Soy oil is never allowed.  It absolutely matters what it's cooked in.

I gotta say, the biggest eye opener to me eating out while doing Whole30 is how many restaurants fry everything in soybean oil. You gotta be careful and ask.

Archived