Starting my 1st time on May 1st!

futurowoman

Hi! My name is Nancy, and I am preparing to start my first Whole30 on May 1st. I have been reading the books, planning meals, cleaning out the pantry, and getting my support system in order. I've even set up an instagram to track my journey and asked friends to follow me there (accountability!) (Ps. it's @futurowhole30 if you're interested.) I'm really excited! 

I decided to do Whole30 in late March, but chose my May 1st start date because of a lot of socializing and work trips during April. I knew that I needed the time to read and get mentally prepared to make myself successful. I've spoken with a lot of "real life" friends who have done the program, and everyone has had positive feedback for me. Of course, I have some things I'd like to get from this program, but my main focus right now is just not getting caught up in expectations, and just getting ready to rock it! : )

Nice to meet you! 

• 2 weeks later...

First timer here and starting May 1st too! Nervous but excited about this journey. I've had years of hormonal related problems, chronic joint pain/imflamation and sinus/allergy issues. I've always tried to eat fairly healthy but I'm sure I have sensitivities to dairy and gluten. Can't wait to see how I feel without them. Need all the support I can get! 

Good luck to all of you starting today!  I am on day 26 and feel great :) My best advice is to plan ahead.  I cook my week's worth of food (for the most part) over the weekend, doubling some of the recipes and freezing portions for those late work nights or other days when cooking a meal is the last thing I want to do.  Make sure you get enough protein; that is key to feeling satisfied.  I have successfully made it through Easter, birthday parties, work gatherings, social outings, and many other events over the last 25 days, and so will you!  You've got this!

Hi there! I started on May 1st too. It's been an interesting experience so far, right? I thought I was used to doing some meal prep, but that was relying on pasta a lot to round out meals. So far it's been tough but enjoyable. I'm loving the recipes from the Whole30 book. That romesco sauce is a life-saver!

How are you doing so far with the side effects as you cut out the added sugar and usual sources of caffeine? I used to drinking lots of water, but I've been flavoring it with artificial sweetener sources, so just using plain water has been difficult. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, luvme said:

Hi there! I started on May 1st too. It's been an interesting experience so far, right? I thought I was used to doing some meal prep, but that was relying on pasta a lot to round out meals. So far it's been tough but enjoyable. I'm loving the recipes from the Whole30 book. That romesco sauce is a life-saver!

How are you doing so far with the side effects as you cut out the added sugar and usual sources of caffeine? I used to drinking lots of water, but I've been flavoring it with artificial sweetener sources, so just using plain water has been difficult. 

Throw a few strawberry slices or apple slices into a pitcher of water... or cinammon sticks and blueberries... there are ways to flavor water without using artificial sweeteners, altho it IS a good thing to become accustomed to drinking plain clear water... your body was meant for it so getting past that difficulty is important... 

Archived