Reintroduction of Sugar

NewStart2014

Today was the day I was to reintroduce sugar.

I did, in a coffee and now I feel sick as. 1 tsp of sugar. I'm headache, my tummy hurts and all I wish now is that it would just go away. :blink:

I think I'll go drink plenty of water to try and make it go away!

all this time I thought I :wub: sugar. LOL Nice to know this!

Wow, it's amazing that one teaspoon could cause that. I haven't tried sugar again yet. I don't actually take it in anything but I foods with added sugar in the kitchen and freezer. Can not find wild smoked salmon without it :( But I love the idea of a whole army of W30 sugar ninjas rushing about :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Wow, it's amazing that one teaspoon could cause that. I haven't tried sugar again yet. I don't actually take it in anything but I foods with added sugar in the kitchen and freezer. Can not find wild smoked salmon without it :( But I love the idea of a whole army of W30 sugar ninjas rushing about :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I know! It's mad! Although my headache is still there a bit the sugar is making me CRAVE things like bread, bread and more breads....hmmm

So strange.

Time for some more water! :)

I read this after I had maple syrup with my Paleo pancake. Thank goodness I did not experience the same affects!

I am mostly concerned about waking up my sugar dragon, and the bread cravings you are having are exactly what I want to avoid.

And just another reminder...Drink more water :).

I read this after I had maple syrup with my Paleo pancake. Thank goodness I did not experience the same affects!

I am mostly concerned about waking up my sugar dragon, and the bread cravings you are having are exactly what I want to avoid.

And just another reminder...Drink more water :).

Yes the dragon is not nice! But I'm Intersted...paleo pancakes? can I get your recipe?

This recipe is not to be used during the whole30!!

2 eggs, 1/2 cup butternut squash (can also use pumpkin, or one large mashed banana), 2 tbl sunflower seed butter (can also use almond butter). Add any spices you enjoy. I use salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, clove and ginger. Beat the living heck out of the whole thing.

Heat a frying pan on medium low and coat well with coconut oil. Pour batter into pan and LEAVE IT ALONE. If you mess with it you will end up with a scramble instead of a cake like substance. Cook until little bubbles come to the top and the edges are nicely brown. I putz around the kitchen, make coffee, read a few emails. Yes, it takes a while. Flipping is still a challenge, but over time you can get pretty good at it.

Again, this is NOT whole30 approved and would completely understand if the mods want to delete this out!

Enjoy! :D

• 8 months later...
  • Moderators

Ahh, sugar.

I had such high hopes that my Whole30 would culminate in:

• giving up soy, grains and legumes for good since I had mostly weaned myself from the anyway, and didn't really miss them
  • I figured I'd do dairy sometimes, like in coffee when there was no coconut milk to be had, and (good) cheese on occasion
  • I'd enjoy one or two alcoholic beverages, maybe once a week when out
  • I visualized being able to have sugary treats in moderation/special occasions

All of these came to pass except the last one. Except for very small amounts (one serving, I'd guess) sugar now makes me ragey the following morning and incredibly tired and lethargic for a DAY AND A HALF!

Not worth it. I'll admit to shedding a proverbial tear for my Ben and Jerry's ... but my stomach sure looks better!

Archived