Sweet potato casserole paleo style

LauraR

Are these ingredients ok? This looks delicious. :) I would not top it with the walnuts though

I don't buy imitation, I only buy Pure Vanilla Extract and while I haven't really searched very hard, I haven't found one with no alcohol or sugar and neither would be compliant. Making your own with Vodka would be fine after Whole 30. I'll look when I go to Whole Foods next time..maybe it exists and I just haven't seen it.

Imitation is definitely not compliant.

I'd be interested to see what they have to say. 1 Tbsp across the whole recipe isn't much, and it is baked, which I would think cooks off the "alcohol" portion.

Maybe accomplish the same thing taste-wise by grinding up a whole vanilla bean?

Real vanilla beans are awesome. You slit them open and scrape out the little seeds. I think they are preserved with alcohol, but again it's not much. I had a dessert biz long ago and I used to use vanilla bean paste. It was heavenly but who knows what was in it.

I think pecans would be lovely on this instead of the walnuts.

Too bad I'm spending Thanksgiving alone -- I'd make this up in a heartbeat (pending approval on the extract, LOL) if I didn't have to eat it all myself. Or maybe I'll do it anyhow and make small portions to freeze. Hmm.

I posted this in a previous thread

In the UK funkyraw.com sells 100gm for £16.95. This is the whole vanilla bean ground down into a powder with nothing added. I bought some ages ago. I know it's dear but I keep it in the fridge and it seems to last for ages and is awesome. I've always taken my coffee black but sometimes I add some vanilla or cinnamon or cardamom or even chilli to spice it up a bit.

in the US Renegadehealth.com sells 2oz of raw organic pure vanilla bean powdder for $13.95.

hope this helps

http://www.arizonavanilla.com/Store/vanillastore.php?cat=16

I buy my vanilla beans from these guys..... They also have these products which I believe to be 100% ground vanilla beans ( I'd call to be sure) I buy the "B" grade beans and grind them myself and make my own extracts.... Amazing products and you can get 1/2 pound for what 5 pods cost at the market...... ( makes a great gift if you put in a little jar....who doesn't like fresh ground / extract vanilla?)

Archived