Beginning Athletes?

Alana in Canada

I might be in the minority here, but I've always interpreted "W30 for athletes" as a forum dedicated for folks whose primary goal is performance related. That context changes the implementation of the W30 as well as my advice to the people in there.

I'd say that 80% of folks in this forum do NOT have primary performance goals, but rather have health and longevity goals...so the context is different.

That doesn't mean that you can't post your exercise fueling questions in there. Ask 'em wherever you want. The above is just how I look at the forum :)

I'd love some info on how to get started - I'm joining Jeepifer in the C25K come January 1. My issue is that pre-Whole30 I had NO energy, so any time I tried to do anything exercise-related, I just crashed even harder. Now, I'm actively looking for something to do because I have SO MUCH energy I don't know what to do with it. It's like, before Whole30 I couldn't really exercise without getting even more fried than I already was. Now, I feel like I need to exericise just to do something with all this lovely energy.

I swear, I haven't had this much energy since my early twenties (half a lifetime ago). Every single day it shocks me. (Um, in a good way. Just so we're all clear. :P )

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love some info on how to get started - I'm joining Jeepifer in the C25K come January 1. My issue is that pre-Whole30 I had NO energy, so any time I tried to do anything exercise-related, I just crashed even harder. Now, I'm actively looking for something to do because I have SO MUCH energy I don't know what to do with it. It's like, before Whole30 I couldn't really exercise without getting even more fried than I already was. Now, I feel like I need to exericise just to do something with all this lovely energy.

I swear, I haven't had this much energy since my early twenties (half a lifetime ago). Every single day it shocks me. (Um, in a good way. Just so we're all clear. :P )

I can relate...my energy level is through the roof this week (day 19 today)! If you would like a text buddy to help with fitness and motivation; then message me and we can connect on Fb.

I have been doing Les Mills Pump; and it seems to be the key for me...

http://www.teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/LMPumpBase?referringRepId=132464

I would ask away in the athlete forum. Don't let that forum, or gyms intimidate. I've been playing roller derby for a few years and I like to tell the new people to not get intimated. There are ALWAYS going to be people that are better, faster, and stronger than you. And you will ALWAYS be better, faster, and stronger than someone else. :)

Archived