Just pooped myself. So over this.

R1D17

Literally, I just pooped myself. I am 27 years old. My digestion has been a mess since I started this, I go 3-4 times a day and it’s always disgusting.

I don’t feel any “tiger blood” or like I have more energy—I don’t feel much different at all.

Besides the raging intestines, of course. I’m hungry but I don’t want to eat anything Whole30 approved. I feel embarasssed and miserable. 

Please someone tell me it gets better.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, LaCroixisLife said:

R1D17

Literally, I just pooped myself. I am 27 years old. My digestion has been a mess since I started this, I go 3-4 times a day and it’s always disgusting.

I don’t feel any “tiger blood” or like I have more energy—I don’t feel much different at all.

Besides the raging intestines, of course. I’m hungry but I don’t want to eat anything Whole30 approved. I feel embarasssed and miserable. 

Please someone tell me it gets better.

OMG, I'm so sorry to hear that!  I don't think it needs to be said that pooping ones self is not a symptom of the Whole30 but it does sound like maybe things are a bit off kilter.

Can you post a few days of what you've been eating including portion sizes, specific veggies, protein, fat and fruits, meal timing, pre and post workout if applicable... basically everything...

Are you taking natural calm or another magnesium supplement? If so, I'd stop those right away as they work by drawing water into the bowel tract, which you obviously don't need.

Are you eating any starchy veggies like potato or plantain?  Plantains block me right up so maybe while we sort this out, you can add some/more starch...

Sure. I like to cook, so my meals are pretty different! Here’s my week so far though:

Monday:

Breakfast—Lara bar and some fresh fruit (maybe a cup?) — Lara bar before workout and fruit after

Lunch—Homemade Texas chili (beef and tomato/pepper purée) — Cup and a half

Snack—Handful of almonds

Dinner—Spaghetti Sqush with roasted red pepper pesto and grilled chicken — 1/3 of a spaghetti squash and 1/3 lb chicken 

Tuesday:

Breakfast—Same as Monday

Lunch—Same as Monday

Dinner—Baked potato with sloppy joe mixture (ground beef, tomato, green pepper, onion, spices) and sautéed green beans — one baked potato, maybe 3/4 cup of sloppy joe mix, 1/2 cup green beans

Snack—1/2 cup pumpkin seeds

Wednesday:

Breakfast—Same again

Lunch—Same as Monday Dinner 

I’m not taking any supplements. Now that I’m looking at this, maybe too many seeds/nuts? I just don’t know what else to snack on. 

The pumpkin seeds are a new addition as of this week, and I’ve been having loose bowels before now.

Yeah, maybe for a few days, but I also think I’m sick, so I don’t know if it’s me being sick or the eating. I am getting enough fat, protein, fiber and starchy veggies. I’m not eating a ton of fruit—maybe one serving a day. Not really snacking except maybe a tablespoon of nut butter. I just don’t get it. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, LaCroixisLife said:

Sure. I like to cook, so my meals are pretty different! Here’s my week so far though:

Monday:

Breakfast—Lara bar and some fresh fruit (maybe a cup?) — Lara bar before workout and fruit after

Lunch—Homemade Texas chili (beef and tomato/pepper purée) — Cup and a half

Snack—Handful of almonds

Dinner—Spaghetti Sqush with roasted red pepper pesto and grilled chicken — 1/3 of a spaghetti squash and 1/3 lb chicken 

Tuesday:

Breakfast—Same as Monday

Lunch—Same as Monday

Dinner—Baked potato with sloppy joe mixture (ground beef, tomato, green pepper, onion, spices) and sautéed green beans — one baked potato, maybe 3/4 cup of sloppy joe mix, 1/2 cup green beans

Wednesday:

Breakfast—Same again

Lunch—Same as Monday Dinner 

I’m not taking any supplements. Now that I’m looking at this, maybe too many seeds/nuts? I just don’t know what else to snack on. 

The pumpkin seeds are a new addition as of this week, and I’ve been having loose bowels before now.

Too many seeds and nuts, not enough vegetables. Possibly not enough food in general, though I don't think that's contributing to the diarrhea.

If you need to take some Imodium or other anti-diarrheal medicine, you can. Foid wise, for the next couple of meals, stick with starchy veggies and really simple seasonings, nothing super spicy til things have calmed down. Maybe try something like a baked potato with the skin, with just maybe some olive oil or ghee and salt, and some plain chicken breast. Or a simple broth-based soup with carrots and otger vegetables and some cooked ground meat. Something that isnt going to make things worse. 

Once you're feeling better, try to make your meals match the meal template, which you can download here:   https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/

Lose the Larabars, they're really for emergencies. If your meals aren't keeping you satisfied 4-5 hours at a time, they are either not big enough, or are not including the right mix of foods. If you do need to eat between meals, have a mini meal with some protein, some fat, and some veggies, or at least two of the three.

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Were you a big nut eater before this?  Lara bars, pumpkin seeds, almonds.  I'd be pooping myself too (in fact I have, often after too many nuts).  Do you like eggs?  HB eggs are a good snack.  Compliant jerky (TJ sells compliant meat sticks).  As are smaller portions of your meals.  I'd try going nut free for a while and see if it helps.  Or maybe try coconut instead - that doesn't bother me as much as regular nuts (well, because it isn't a nut).  Sorry you are going through this.  As someone who has IBS and used to keep an extra set of pants in the car... I know what you are going through :wacko:

I’m having similar issues. Maybe it’s also too many nuts/ fruit. My problem is eggs have also been bothering my stomach and I’m having a hard time eating meat for breakfast. Any make ahead breakfast ideas that don’t have eggs?

Thanks 

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Vivab said:

I’m having similar issues. Maybe it’s also too many nuts/ fruit. My problem is eggs have also been bothering my stomach and I’m having a hard time eating meat for breakfast. Any make ahead breakfast ideas that don’t have eggs?

Thanks 

Tons... basically anything you would eat for any other meal... you can look up a thread on here called 'lets talk (non traditional) breakfast and get lots of good ideas... most people eat leftovers from dinner the days before.

Archived