100 Days of Awesome "Whole 100" Group Log

Koneill12

HOLY COW! 100 FRICKIN DAYS! I cannot believe it. and I truly could NOT have done this without all of you. you have become a part of my daily life, and I cannot express the appreciation I have that all of you have allowed me into your lives, and opened up your lives to me. we live states and continents away from each other, but you have all given me more than many friends I have in my own back yard. and agreed, I love being able to place in my mind of your beautiful faces next to your beautiful souls.

I am staying complaint through today, too. Amy, thank you for talking about learning to trust yourself. I have serious anxiety about trusting myself. such strong habits and strong addictions pulling me, but staying with you all through the post phase makes me feel safer. so tomorrow I will begin trying some dairy. it is the one thing I probably miss the most.

I worked all day yesterday and reflected back on my first day back at work while doing this whole100, how hard it was for me, and how I missed my daily routine down to the gift shop for my snacks. how I ignored my patients while I snacked on my cheese and crackers (kind of). I was hungry so I had a lara bar and an avocado. what?! and lots of water.

I have struggled with re-introducing dairy because I know people have ice cream as an introduction food here. I guess more than anything I need to be honest about it and put it out here. I have not decided if I will have ice cream or not, but I feel because I am struggling with it that it is not a good idea. I don't have this feeling when I think about re-introducing cheese, or milk, or cream. so because I'm getting an internal "ding ding ding" about ice cream maybe I should listen to myself. sigh.

ok, two people have posted while I am posting this so I'd better go read responses so I can respond in kind.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm waiting until tomorrow, and the only thing I will add then is some raw honey to my coffee. As I've posted before, there isn't much I really want that I can't have now. Maybe some cream for my coffee later in the week. I do want sushi, but not so much I will run right out and get some tomorrow.

Jess, listen to your body! If the thought of ice cream makes you uneasy, where no other dairy is causing that reaction, your mind is telling you the sugar dragon is not dead, only sleeping. Why poke him? You have the rest of your life to do that. It doesn't have to be tomorrow.

I am going to make a pot of split mung dal with spinach. I have no problem with beans and have missed them A LOT. I already know that I have a huge reaction to any kind of sugar except maple syrup and honey but I'm not anxious to add that back in right now. Rice a little down the road. It's my only real cheat and I do have a grain allergy so even a little sets me off and I've just felt too good to compromise that with rice right now.

I'm a little sick of meat to tell you the truth so beans will be such a treat for me. How funny is that? Last Whole30 I made a huge batch of cookies and made myself ill on them. Of course that didn't stop me from digging them out of the garbage and eating all of them now did it?!

The cool part is that I'm not even interested in doing that so there is a definite shift that occurred here. Phew!!

I agree with what MaryAnn said, trust your gut and if something makes you nervous, hold off on it for now.

Hugs,

Linda

I agree with Maryann "Listen to your body" - not just Jess, and not just about ice cream. I think our bodies gave up sending messages about foods because we didn't listen. It's a hugely great message and takeaway. Probably one of my top two from this 100. Listen to your body!

The second message that is so important for me not to forget is "Just because I may be in remission does NOT mean I can or should do everything I could before autoimmune disease invaded my body and life." I tend to over-do it and then I pay with my health. I have to remind myself, and my friends and family that my 100% today is not my 100% of years ago or the 100% of someone else my age who is disease free...

Lisa

Wow, day 100. Congratulations everyone! I've been busy reading pages and pages of interesting posts from all of you. You are a fascinating and extraordinary group of women!

We stayed compliant today. My husband just left a few hours ago for a five day business trip and he plans on staying compliant until he returns soooooooooo..... I'll be staying compliant as well until he returns Monday. And then... we're off to an italian restaurant. He wants pizza but I'm not too excited about that. I'll have to see what else is on the menu.

Okay, I have a few post100 goals too:

1. Find more organic and naturally raised meat.

2. Exercise more by riding my horses more often. I tend to put off riding so I can walk or do yoga. Heck, riding is a lot more fun!

3. Avoid sugar. Once I have some I really slide into having it more and more each day (I swear it used to call to me! 'Course, that was before the 100).

4. Expand my veggie experience. I tend to center around the same ten veggies on a weekly basis. Time to pull out the seed catalog.

5. Stay in touch with all of you on Justine's new thread!

Tracy

Wow, day 100. Congratulations everyone! I've been busy reading pages and pages of interesting posts from all of you. You are a fascinating and extraordinary group of women!

We stayed compliant today. My husband just left a few hours ago for a five day business trip and he plans on staying compliant until he returns soooooooooo..... I'll be staying compliant as well until he returns Monday. And then... we're off to an italian restaurant. He wants pizza but I'm not too excited about that. I'll have to see what else is on the menu.

Okay, I have a few post100 goals too:

1. Find more organic and naturally raised meat.

2. Exercise more by riding my horses more often. I tend to put off riding so I can walk or do yoga. Heck, riding is a lot more fun!

3. Avoid sugar. Once I have some I really slide into having it more and more each day (I swear it used to call to me! 'Course, that was before the 100).

4. Expand my veggie experience. I tend to center around the same ten veggies on a weekly basis. Time to pull out the seed catalog.

5. Stay in touch with all of you on Justine's new thread!

Tracy

Congrats to all who had their 100th day today!! :wub:

I'm on a different trajectory right now, I'll hit my sixty days on May 18 and then I'm going out to dinner. Heehee. I'm glad I did this the way I did, because it has given me a better handle on my sugar addiction and on what I need to do long-term to deal with my blood pressure. I'm gonna be one of those people who rarely off-roads, and then only for special situations. (Not because it's Friday night, in other words. :lol: )

I wish everyone the best on the next step, and most heartfelt congratulations on such a significant milestone!

I must admit...I am super sad tonight. I always get this way when something "ends"...but I always forget the something new starting. SO, I will just look forward to our continuing friendship and our new revelations in our post100 board!

Susan - I plan on posting here until you're done, too...

I do have a facebook account under Jess Annis Almeida...who else?

I have a face book account and a Pinterest account under Michelle Lobovits.

I also was a little blue last night. I know that ends mean new beginnings but the beginning will be different for all of us now. I too am grateful for all of the supper and most likely will need even more as I learn to ride that bike.

Thank you all so much for sharing your lives and hopes and fears with me.

On to " Happily Ever After"

Hahaha!!! Support came out as supper!!! Actually, i also would be grateful if someone made me supper!!! I have been doing all of the cooking for 100 days. My sister in law came to visit this week and I have been leaving her recipes and she has been making dinner. A huge stress relief. Now that we are on day 101 I am thinking about letting some friends bring us some dinners. Still tricky but maybe.

Archived