Sign in to follow this  
Pandora Black

Silent Reflux

Recommended Posts

Have any of you been diagnosed with this? My ONLY symptoms are a bad taste in my mouth when I wake up, and frequent (daily) nausea with vomiting occasionally. I’m on 40mg of Prilosec which helps slightly, and Zofran for when the nausea is really bad. It’s very bad if I have an empty stomach. My doctor can’t explain this really, the next step is a gastroenterologist and a tube down my throat (um, that sounds horrible) so I’m going to try doing a Whole 30 and seeing if that helps. Any experiences appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so this is weird but I haven’t been nauseous at all ever since I started the whole 30. It could be a fluke...like maybe I’ll get queasy later. It does come and go. It seems awfully early to see benefits, but who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Pandora Black said:

Ok so this is weird but I haven’t been nauseous at all ever since I started the whole 30. It could be a fluke...like maybe I’ll get queasy later. It does come and go. It seems awfully early to see benefits, but who knows.

That's great! I don't think it's too early at all if something that you were previously regularly consuming was bothering you and now you aren't eating it. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ladyshanny said:

That's great! I don't think it's too early at all if something that you were previously regularly consuming was bothering you and now you aren't eating it. :) 

Well the nausea is completely GONE it’s like I never had this problem. I wonder what it was now. Hard to say if you cut out everything lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2019 at 7:12 PM, Pandora Black said:

Well the nausea is completely GONE it’s like I never had this problem. I wonder what it was now. Hard to say if you cut out everything lol

That's why you do a really tightly-controlled reintro period when you're done with your 30 days. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve forgotten to take my Prilosec quite a few times and the nausea has not returned. Gosh, all this time and it was a freaking food allergy causing the problem. Now I wonder what it was. Gluten was the only allergen on the list I consumed frequently. My re into period is going to be interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SchrodingersCat said:

I had constant heartburn and GERD for years, and it went to W30! Literally from  day 1, I stopped taking antacids.

I’ve been suffering with this for six years! Crazy that diet can fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pandora Black said:

I’ve been suffering with this for six years! Crazy that diet can fix it.

I'm amazed at what diet can fix - I'm on day 2 of round 2, after round 1 (Jan 15 onward) cured the chronic, ongoing vertigo and vestibular migraine that 2 neurologists, 1 optho-neurologist, 1 ear nose and throat surgeon, 2 GPs, 2 MRIs, a cat scan and 6 different types of medication couldn't fix. I was about to give up full time work.

About 3 week/a month ago, I kind of went back to eating and drinking "normally" (Easter hit, then I was overseas) and the vertigo and migraine are back with a vengeance, maybe even worse. So it's back to a full round, proper reintro and what looks like might be a future of near compliance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SchrodingersCat said:

I'm amazed at what diet can fix - I'm on day 2 of round 2, after round 1 (Jan 15 onward) cured the chronic, ongoing vertigo and vestibular migraine that 2 neurologists, 1 optho-neurologist, 1 ear nose and throat surgeon, 2 GPs, 2 MRIs, a cat scan and 6 different types of medication couldn't fix. I was about to give up full time work.

About 3 week/a month ago, I kind of went back to eating and drinking "normally" (Easter hit, then I was overseas) and the vertigo and migraine are back with a vengeance, maybe even worse. So it's back to a full round, proper reintro and what looks like might be a future of near compliance. 

Wow! I haven’t had a migraine either since the carb flu hit me on day 2. I’m feeling worlds better. And my cravings aren’t as bad as they were.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this