Caramelized Coconut Chips from Well Fed?

Cecily

Have you tried this recipe?

This may sound ridiculous, but did you try to shave the coconut to get your own flakes? If so, what is the secret to cutting/opening coconut. It was a disaster!

Do they sell coconut flakes? I have only found shredded which is very fine.

Jojo, coconut flakes are available online, if you can't find them locally. The Let's Do Organic brand is my favorite (much better flavor), but Bob's Redmill is another one that is easy to find. Here are both of them on Amazon (Prime!!). :)

http://www.amazon.com/Lets-Do-Organic-Unsweetend-Coconut/dp/B000F4D5IU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1357445381&sr=8-3&keywords=coconut+flakes

http://www.amazon.com/Bobs-Red-Mill-Coconut-Unsweetened/dp/B002YR97BU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357445381&sr=8-1&keywords=coconut+flakes

Yeah, I don't make this recipe during a Whole30. The last time, my husband ate the entire recipe in one brief sitting and then asked for more. He couldn't get over how "it tasted like popcorn but wasn't nearly as filling". SWYPO anyone? ;)

Yeah, I don't make this recipe during a Whole30. The last time, my husband ate the entire recipe in one brief sitting and then asked for more. He couldn't get over how "it tasted like popcorn but wasn't nearly as filling". SWYPO anyone? ;)

THIS is the context we want you to avoid. :blink:

Just made these...holy cow. I'm going to have to be careful with these! However, I have noticed that unlike popcorn or cookies or insert-your-junk-food-of-choice-here, I found myself feeling satisfied and it was really easy to put them down long before the bowl was empty. Yay, Whole30!

Just made these...holy cow. I'm going to have to be careful with these! However, I have noticed that unlike popcorn or cookies or insert-your-junk-food-of-choice-here, I found myself feeling satisfied and it was really easy to put them down long before the bowl was empty. Yay, Whole30!

Another good way to handle this (and I think the ONLY way) is to make them a part of your meal, not a snack. Then, when the serving is gone, it's gone.

Archived