Count down to Feb 1 start date!

Carolyn L

I did it! My first online forum and I announced my start date! Whew! Quite an accomplishment for this Facebook phobic female. I am super motivated: new foods, new recipes, NSVs  -  Counting on the Whole30 forum for guidance and inspiration!

Congratulations on setting a date! I found the whole 30 log forum as well as the Whole30recipes on Instagram and the recipes in the whole 3 books a huge help and inspiration.  I made a list on my phone with links or page reference to recipes that inspired me so when it was time to grocery shop I had a quick reference on some new and delicious recipes.  This kept things a little more interesting than baked chicken and roasted veggies every night.  :D

Also if you can take some time before your start to make a couple condiments to aid you in your cooking you will be glad you did.  Rather than trying to make them in that first week when you are feeling blah and over it.  

I'm starting Feb 1 as well! Happy to find a thread for support! It's always easier when you're not in it alone, right???  Not my first but it's been quite a while! I know it's going to be a bit of a struggle for me but I'm determined to hit the ground fully committed to success! 

On 1/30/2020 at 2:11 AM, cblarson said:

I did it! My first online forum and I announced my start date! Whew! Quite an accomplishment for this Facebook phobic female. I am super motivated: new foods, new recipes, NSVs  -  Counting on the Whole30 forum for guidance and inspiration!

Newbie here!  Ready to start Feb. 1st, also.

I know I will need the support of this forum to help me stay determined to finish what I begin.

Thanks in advance for your encouragement.

Hi!
I m starting Feb 1 too! It’s not my first time, but it’s been almost 2 years since my last whole30. I have never properly completed the reintroduction phase because my focus was always weight loss and cutting down on sugar. I have been noticing lately that I'm not feeling my best and hoping to figure out how different food groups affect my mind and body. A few lb weightloss will be a pleasant side effect, but my main goal is food freedom!!!

I completely gave up alcohol almost a year ago, so I am hoping that this whole30 will be a little easier! 

I haven’t meal prepped yet, but I have a list ready and some compliant breakfast foods in the house.

Good luck everyone ☺️

Hello all! Also beginning a W30 on 2/1.  I did one last year and was successful. I got very lazy throughout the fall and winter and need to get back on track. I plan on using the forum as well hoping to get and give lots of good W30 vibes!! Looking forward to a new start. We can all do this!! 

Hey everyone! I’m happy I can join a community for the February 1st date. Similar to @meghanE I did my last whole30 about a year and a half ago, but I ended up skipping the reintroduction phase which was a big mistake. I’m excited to do the Whole30 the right way this time and my boyfriend is on board to be my support system through it! I’m so excited and wish everyone a happy whole30! 

Welcome other newbies!! and thank you Advanced Members!!  I never used Instagram - truly Facebook phobic - but I'm breaking through! New habits, new recipes...following W30 recipes on Instagram! (may need help navigating social media!)

6 hours ago, Bamanursk said:

Hi everyone! Day 1 for me....I'm excited...but also a little nervous! 

Don’t worry.... we are all doing this together. Day 1 for me also, second time around. I start getting nervous around dinner time. All my bad habits begin when the sun goes down! It’s all about planning & I have a W30 plan for tonight. Keep posting for support! 

How great to see so many starting on February 1!  Wonderful that you will have the support of each other!!

I am new to this and I'm on day 13 today.  My advice (take it or leave it... I'm a newbie) is not to replace sugar to get that feeling of dessert in other ways.  I had to give up cashew nut butter (only ingredient - raw cashews) because I was eating it out of the container and I felt like I was eating a pint of ice cream.  I gave the nut butter to a friend.  Then, I started eating pears and bananas.  We don't have any more of them in the house and I'm not going to restock.

One more piece of advice... I really like the "Whole30 Approved" section of this site.  Just click on it; it's on the top of the page.  You can find some nice options for sauces to make foods more interesting or "Hint Water" that adds a little lift to all of the water that you will be drinking.  Nice companies that are Whole30 Approved!  One caveat - Just because some of the company's items are compliant does not mean that all of them are.  You must still check all ingredients and look for hidden sugars.

22 hours ago, MeghanE said:

What’s everyone making for Super Bowl Sunday??

My menu so far: Nom nom paleo’s chili lime wings, buffalo chicken meatballs, veggies and a pot of sweet potato beef chili in case my family’s still hungry!

Cauliflower Hummus! 
https://livinggrainlessly.com   with veggies for dipping

Deviled Eggs with W30 compliant Mayo & mustard

• Whole30 Certified Coach
5 hours ago, Bamanursk said:

Day 9 now and I feel like the past couple of days were really tough! I did well, but really struggled wanting to eat bad foods....Any words of encouragement?

Hi @Bamanursk! Good job keeping going even when cravings hit! When you have wanted to eat non-compliant foods, is there a pattern you can discover? For example, is it a certain time of day or could it be contributed to not eating enough at a meal? Are you feeling satisfied with meals and/or having enough variety in the foods you have been eating? Could you add a new food or recipe to change things up a bit?

Keep up the good work!

@Bamanursk, I feel you! I was doing great until the weekend hit! Ate out with my husband Friday and Saturday. As delicious as my salad was, it was hard to be at a burger joint and smell the fries. Remember your goal and keep in mind it's just 30 days!

For me, I'm choosing to embrace going to restaurants as hard as it is to stay compliant, because I want to find healthy options I can order over the rest of my whole30 and beyond.

Stay strong!

• 2 weeks later...

If there are certain things coming up beyond 30 days that you don't want to be sick for, I'd say it's fine to plan your reintro around it. For example, you can extend the whole30 reset days a couple days longer so that you aren't feeling crappy during a weekend getaway. Also, you can switch up the order you reintro foods to work for you. For example, if you know grains don't bother you, start there first! But remember you'll want to reset between each new food group. Don't stack things. 

Hope that helps!

On 2/25/2020 at 12:16 PM, Carolyn L said:

Ok, it's day 25, we're in the home stretch! I'm considering extending beyond 30 days because I am apprehensive about adding food groups back in.  Is that recommended or not? Any suggestions?

If you are happy eating as you have been then you can always do the slower reintro.  You would just reintro things as they come up, but that is limiting in that you wouldn’t want to reintro pizza if you haven’t already done a cheese or gluten or even gluten free grain intro before doing pizza because if you react you will not know if it was the crust the cheese or both.  If you were at a party with cheese and wine you would pick one or the other to introduce not partake both at the same time if you had not yet reintroduced those.  I initially thought I would do the slow roll, but I’m glad I didn’t as I fear if I had done slow roll the gluten would have got the better of my resolve.  Gluten definitely posed some ugly cravings and other undesirable results.  It took me about 15 days to complete the reintro I learned a lot.  I’m continuing on my Food Freedom and I’m really enjoying all the compliant recipes that I am still eating and trying because eating real whole food unprocessed and untainted by unnecessary sugar is becoming my normal way of eating!  Every time I ask is it worth my true value of worth it becomes even clearer.  

On 2/25/2020 at 1:16 PM, Carolyn L said:

Ok, it's day 25, we're in the home stretch! I'm considering extending beyond 30 days because I am apprehensive about adding food groups back in.  Is that recommended or not? Any suggestions?

Day 30. 2nd time doing Whole30. Did not do reintroduction phase the 1st time. Will do it this time as one remains Whole30 compliant during each intro so I plan to phase in weekly. That way I can monitor a full 7 days each reintroduced food.

Archived