Ktinegv February log

Ktinegv

I’m quite active, and love lifting.  My genetics are good for adding mass, but I have a bit of an issue with the belly as shown.  I was on whole30 in 2018 and the bloat disappeared.  I felt so much better.  I also improved my sleeping somewhat, and my blood sugar.  I’m insulin resistant.  I have a genetic disposition towards diabetes, so I need to really watch that. Especially because I am heading over 50, and haven’t started menopause yet as far as I know. I also have a genetic disposition towards joint issues, so I need to watch things That cause inflammation. So here I am again to work on this. I will log my meals here.

86959182-45E7-4EB4-9E86-6F495D69B42B.jpeg

84983C79-817D-4BB9-946D-B4017E5D3BC6.jpeg

EE86B5D4-5933-4AED-8E70-462F094B1426.jpeg

3 hours ago, Amy_Michigan said:

I love your meals.  You are definitely starting out your whole30 on the right path! 

Thank you!  I’ve been at this a very long time.  I started elimination diets at 11, because of ADHD, and severe migraine headaches.  40 yrs later I’m still doing it as I see the need for reset. 

Day 1

I didn’t make my mayo yet, because I was out of the house almost all day So my salad has organic red wine vinegar, pecans, chicken, and Kalamata olives.  My homemade meat sauce is over Zucchini noodles.

2A5195E7-C9B8-4327-885E-BCBC79CE2351.jpeg

• Whole30 Certified Coach

@Ktinegv great job making those condiments! Having condiments and sauces on hand keep my meals interesting! Did you have a recipe you followed for the cinnamon almond butter? If you like sriracha, this is a great recipe for it: https://nomnompaleo.com/post/53690118029/whole30-sriracha 

2 hours ago, Terra Milliken said:

@Ktinegv great job making those condiments! Having condiments and sauces on hand keep my meals interesting! Did you have a recipe you followed for the cinnamon almond butter? If you like sriracha, this is a great recipe for it: https://nomnompaleo.com/post/53690118029/whole30-sriracha 

Thank you!  It looks like a good recipe!  

I just add a good quality cinnamon to it as it’s grinding. And sea salt.  I roast the nuts in my air fryer. 

Today I was tired, and still dealing with a headache that I have had on and off since Friday which was before I even started whole 30 this round. For anyone who is interested the reason why I do pictures is that it checks me. I make sure everything on the plate is whole 30 compatible, and that I have a protein, vegetable, and fat. You may notice in my pictures that I have fruit with at least two of my meals. I need the carbs because my workouts are intense.  The top plate is panseared sardines with fresh garlic sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, and capers. It was delicious. For lunch, also the top plate to the right is garlic lemon pepper cauliflower rice and Shrimp, with raw cashews. The side of Mango. It was fantastic. For my afternoon snack I had apple with almond butter. For dinner I made whole 30 compliant meatloaf, with a small baked potato, and salad with some primal ranch.

27889808-DD64-4641-82F6-85520C09F47F.jpeg

Crazy busy morning this morning due to a snow storm hitting.  Had to clear the driveway early this morning before I ran my son to school.  I was starving, so a banana and raw cashews it was for breakfast before my workout.  Then I was starving again, so I had a huge meal afterwards.  Eggs, green beans, potatoes, with a side of avocado and tomato salad.  Dinner was Steelhead trout, riced cauliflower with homemade pineapple salsa, and a purple yam with cinnamon.  I'm stuffed! 

18EA64F6-4273-4272-8EDF-B4C93AFB7298.jpeg

I haven’t felt like eating much today, so I made a salad, and just ate it with whatever protein I’ve decided to eat for lunch and dinner.  I made a few chicken livers for lunch. I’m thinking of adding some crispy bacon to it for dinner.  

11C22231-D3D0-4EF3-BBBC-0173B7D59808.jpeg

image.jpg

Well the desire not to eat has continued.  I seem to want simple.  Green beans, fruit, nuts and tea.  My sleep has been restless the last 3 nights, yesterday I started getting a mid backache and I’m bloated.  This morning more of the same.  

Well I got through today. I felt really bad, but seem to be doing better now.  Started out easy, but then felt like homemade Tom Yum soup would be very comforting with my not feeling well.  I started feeling better about 3:00 and couldn’t stop thinking of tuna salad. Apples and celery with almond butter and French style probiotic cashew cheese.  Sooo yummy!!

54E81CA8-2153-4709-B002-5C39D3095BFE.jpeg

Archived