Starting August 5th- need this to feel happier

Mikaliki

Hello forum! I’ve done this twice before but privately.  The quarantine and work from home has Turned my brain and body into battlefield- everyday I say today’s the day I stop with the junk and over eating.  And then ... tomorrow.  Today was one of those days.  All went well til late night cookies and crackers.  So this time I’m reaching out to community.  I’ll wake up August 5th and start this.  I’m a pescatarian so some limitations. But I can do it! Did some prep work already and have all my old hacks - lots of hard boiled eggs, bags of fresh and frozen veggies, canned fish, nuts, etc. I’m ready to kick my carb and cookie addiction. Ill be following my other August partners and will do my best to cheerlead.  This food relationship has got to change.  I’m sitting all day doing zooms and phone sessions and I want to get rid of the urge to fill voids with sugar.  I’m  ready.   See you tomorrow! M

Oh my...this is me!  Spending my days on zoom, email, and phone, fighting with myself to make healthy choices.  When I started my first quarantine W30 in June (my 6th total), I made the comment that I felt like a dog on a leash pulling backward as hard as I could because I didn't want to go where I needed to take myself!  I ended up with many successful weeks, but am back to struggling again, trying to address food issues.  This wonderful forum community is so incredibly supportive.  

Welcome!  You have set yourself up for success today with your prep work.  Eat one of those eggs or some of those nuts when you start craving cookies, you know how to do this and what works for you.  I'm looking forward to following along with you on your journey!  

FEELS GOOD to get your comments this morning, thanks! I had this scary moment this morning as i was waking up- what if the forum community thinks i believe that food somehow will 'me me happy' and then this fear that i would be another one of those voices- if only you ate or looked xyz, than all would be better.  I know it is not a singular solution and that so much more involved and as I do those other things, the walking, yoga, connecting, etc, I am still a pawn to my cravings, and its that dynamic that makes me feel sad, heavy, lost, etc.  That's my clarification.

NOW- for black coffee to start the day! TTYL

Wishing you a smooth start this morning, Mikaliki! Reaching out to draw on the strength of the community is a wise move, and signals the seriousness of your intention. Please lean on us, check in as often as you need to, and know that we are cheering you on!

Thank you, day one, done.  I did it. I ate a lot of veg. 

lunch- arugula, tomatoes and canned salmon salad

later meal- steamed cauli and mixed veg w seaweed and coconut aminos

later later- can of hearts of palm and an apple

I am super agitated, I was even before i started this, continue to be.

i think the cookie and cracker eating i was doing before was way to 'deal' with the anxiety and now... got to loop in other ways. I will check the forum for suggestions. 

30 minutes ago, Mikaliki said:

i think the cookie and cracker eating i was doing before was way to 'deal' with the anxiety and now... got to loop in other ways. I will check the forum for suggestions. 

My tipp: Allow yourself to really feel this feelings and find a way to accept them and deal with them through working through.

It's hard, it costs ton of reflection, but it's worth it (also the only successfull way to stop emotional eating I found).

I wish you the best!

Also great Job today! :)

Day 2 was so tough, and...I need to re-start, because I broke into some 'healthy' GRAINS. And I am embarrassed.  So, today is day 1, again. 

I will report back about my food later. breakfast- black coffee and chia pudding with figs :)

5 hours ago, Mikaliki said:

Day 2 was so tough, and...I need to re-start, because I broke into some 'healthy' GRAINS. And I am embarrassed.  So, today is day 1, again. 

I will report back about my food later. breakfast- black coffee and chia pudding with figs :)

It's nothing to be embarrassed about. I'm glad you're going to restart right away.  We'll be here.   

I totally agree with @Semi and @Ginsky, its nothing to be embarrassed about, it happens.  And you're NOT going to beat yourself up about it.  I'm currently on my 8th consecutive day of starting a new Whole30, so may I say you're in good company? ;-)   LOL

Are you feeling a strong urge to eat grains?  For me I fought back against the "carb calling" by upping my potato intake - white and sweet potatoes.  It worked for me to get over the hump on my May W30, just a suggestion.  

Wishing you well.  

Dear all, I made it thru the weekend, and can it be that it is day 10... whoa! Got a little help by -avoiding- the usual friday night family dinner. Other than that, making healthy choices and surprisingly pretty minimal fruit and nuts, was doing that much more the last time i did one of those.  Mood is solid, good even. Still bloated and heavy in the belly and the body. Good news- i'm not having sugar cravings and its a miracle, but there are cookies and chocolate inside my house and I haven't devoured it. Lunch today was a bunch of steamed cauliflower, red cabbage and avocado with a homemade carrot ginger dressing. I have a huge bowl of chopped red cabbage to dig into with the dressing if i get hungry and I am going to boil some baby potatoes too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2020 at 8:38 PM, Mikaliki said:

i'm not having sugar cravings and its a miracle, but there are cookies and chocolate inside my house and I haven't devoured it.

Isn't this just the best NSV?  It's sometimes hard to explain to someone how we can do a W30, but the reduction in sugar cravings makes it so much easier!  

Archived