w30 is curing my cancer

Littlepeanut

LittlePeanut, this is truly amazing!!   I had cervical cancer a few years ago, and ended up going through a complete hysterectomy/oopherectomy.   I was not on any special eating plan, except for eating whatever I felt like eating.  Recently, I began making green smoothies, to be able to get a lot more veggies and fruits into my diet, and began to realize how good my body felt after having those.      Having a cancer diagnosis was a wake-up call for me, in that I began to think about what I put into my body a lot more.     I am new to eating the Whole9 way, but I am already realizing how dependent I have been on sugar to get me going in the morning and to try to keep me going through the day.      I have been having a really hard, grumpy kind of morning and came to the forum to try to glean some encouragement........yours was the first post I read, and I need to THANK you for the huge boost (sugar-free) you just injected into my day!!    I am so excited for you, and so glad that you made the choice to change up the way you think about food!!  I'm going to be checking in on your posts!!!   :)

Have an awesome day!!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone!! I'm just doing a quick check-in and seeing how everyone is doing!!!

I have the "big one" this Friday. (I am calling it that because it's the biggest appointment I have ever had. I find out this Friday if I continue on chemo or if W30 has made a big enough impact on my results to see if I can ween myself off and start living a normal life-- not exactly cancer free, but chemo free! haha!

I love the continual support! I hope to report back great news come Friday (and on Good Friday that is!)... keep the positive thoughts and prayers coming! Include your name and I will drop it in my prayer jar! :)

Thank you again all, so so much!!!!! What a fantastic group of supporters!!!

I have the "big one" this Friday. (I am calling it that because it's the biggest appointment I have ever had. I find out this Friday if I continue on chemo or if W30 has made a big enough impact on my results to see if I can ween myself off and start living a normal life-- not exactly cancer free, but chemo free! haha!

Hope the appointment went well for you. You are an amazing inspiration.

Heeeyyyooooo!!

Little peanut here!! ;) so last Friday was my big appointment on hopefully to end chemo. Sadly, no... We are doing another round for 3 months and adding another pill (methotrexate) in the process. With continued healthy eating and exercise now for the next 90 days then another eval in 25 days. While my full CBC/Chem panel and total WBC have DRASTICALLY improved, cancer is beast. :) i have an upcoming blood transfusion on the 18th so say some food prayers! Hahahaha!! :)

I am keeping my spirits very high! I sadly let my stress get to me and i made poor choices that awoke my sugar dragon (one too many available easter chocolates).

My weight has maintained but i plan to do a Whole7 to re-align my focus and get me back on track!!

the W30 plan has changed my life and the way my doctor views treatments. More and more research gets funding to find a cure and i thank and love all of you for your amazing continued support!!!

Aww Peanut. Shucks that it was not a perfectly happy report. My mother is 86. She has battled cancer twice since she was 70 and won. She was recently diagnosed again. Can I tell you what she says? I may get bleeped. My 86 year old mom says.."f#@k cancer!"

Hang in there. We are here for you.

From one Peanut to another - good Morning!

I wanted to tell you how in awe I am of you and your journey! No maybe this last report is not the perfect one you were hoping for but most importantly it is NOT your final report. This did not happen to your body overnight and you are on a great healing journey little Peanut! Your attitude and energy to continue to take control of your own life is what will make all of the difference.

My Grandma who just recently died at 97 was a breast cancer survivor. I always attributed her good health with her ability to shrug off the diagnosis. She would say "Oh Hon they say I have cancer" with a little shrug or a roll of her eyes. She never claimed it - or referred to it as "my cancer" never once. She would not let anyone drive her to her chemo or radiation appointments but it was important to her that even if someone went along she had to drive. She was phenomenol and taught me so much about health and responsibility.

Your story reminded me of her - hang in there your journey will be filled with love and joy!

From one Peanut to another - good Morning!

I wanted to tell you how in awe I am of you and your journey! No maybe this last report is not the perfect one you were hoping for but most importantly it is NOT your final report. This did not happen to your body overnight and you are on a great healing journey little Peanut! Your attitude and energy to continue to take control of your own life is what will make all of the difference.

My Grandma who just recently died at 97 was a breast cancer survivor. I always attributed her good health with her ability to shrug off the diagnosis. She would say "Oh Hon they say I have cancer" with a little shrug or a roll of her eyes. She never claimed it - or referred to it as "my cancer" never once. She would not let anyone drive her to her chemo or radiation appointments but it was important to her that even if someone went along she had to drive. She was phenomenol and taught me so much about health and responsibility.

Your story reminded me of her - hang in there your journey will be filled with love and joy!

Thank you so much for this story!! I definitely needed a lift in my spirit and this helped me!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

HI ALL!!

I wanted to give my Whole30 family an update!! I recently had another checkup after my blood transfusion to help aid the cancer process...and after a Whole14 and some serious working out... I'm back on track!! Blood levels have stabilized and things are REALLY looking up from here. I have about 2 1/2 more months of chemo and with living the Whole lilfe-- I can stay off of it!! FOR GOOD (well, hopefully). ;)

I can't tell you how excited that makes me!! :D Thank you everyone for encouragement and support! It's been a rough patch, but no one ever said it was going to be easy and Whole30 was the very beginning of my success and I owe a HUGE thank you to Dallas and Melissa for writing such an amazing book (which I totally read again in 4 hours during my transfusion), and for having a program that works to change lives!

Sending HUGGLES to everyone in the Whole30 community! WE ROCK!!! ;):lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome news Peanut! Here's to a fantastic finish (chemo) and continued healthy life!

Thank you Megmac!! I'm feeling a lot better these days so of course I have to check into the forums and see how everyone else is! Here is to happy posting on more success stories from the W30 community! CHEERS! :)

Hi LP. Thank you for sharing, it takes courage to open up like this. I love your attitude and positive outlook. Rock on!

My Dad has a surgery recently. I have demanded them to change the way the eat and now they are dairy, legume and grain free 90%. He has been diagnosed with cancer as well. 6 months of chemo are coming. Taking care of him after surgery is one thing, but being able to help him recover after chemo is a different story. Can I PM you? I would appreciate any advice you have to share. Thanks.

Hi LP. Thank you for sharing, it takes courage to open up like this. I love your attitude and positive outlook. Rock on!

My Dad has a surgery recently. I have demanded them to change the way the eat and now they are dairy, legume and grain free 90%. He has been diagnosed with cancer as well. 6 months of chemo are coming. Taking care of him after surgery is one thing, but being able to help him recover after chemo is a different story. Can I PM you? I would appreciate any advice you have to share. Thanks.

YES YES AND YES!!! I will answer any questions or concerns you have!!!!! pick my brain!! :) I'll do my best to help you and your dad get through his surgery and post-care as best as I can :) Cancer affects everyone, but the biggest healer is going to be what he eats so I HIGHLY recommend W30 more then anything since it's such great, nutrient based foods for a healthy recovery. :)

I lost my Dad to cancer 11 years ago (he was 65) and my beloved brother 2 years ago (he was 47). Cancer sucks.

Awesome for you for taking control where you can - to do what is best for you,amidst all the difficulties.

Prayers & best wishes !

• 3 weeks later...

I lost my Dad to cancer 11 years ago (he was 65) and my beloved brother 2 years ago (he was 47). Cancer sucks.

Awesome for you for taking control where you can - to do what is best for you,amidst all the difficulties.

Prayers & best wishes !

thank you Bridget. Sorry about your loss. Cancer really does affect everyone. I am only one person and I'm trying to do what I can to help myself before I can help others.

like an oxygen mask on airplanes LOL... but slowly I get better and slowly I will make progress on helping people discover W30 and in turn, better themselves :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi fellow whole30-ians!!! I hope this update finds everyone ok :) 

It's been awhile since I posted on here so I thought I'd give everyone a quick 4-1-1! :)  I'm on Day 27 of my 2nd W30 and had a 2-week checkup this morning with my doctor! 

With the help of the strict Whole30 diet (and prob some help from radiation) The tumor on my ovary has SHRANK!!!!-- almost down to NOTHING... WOOHOO!!! My blood count is back to NORMAL (thank God) ,and the infection, after almost 30 days of eating has disappeared (with only taking antibiotics for 5 days and then deciding FOOD to be my medicine). My energy levels have finally returned, I am sleeping all through the night, no headaches, no body pain, and I feel like a brand new ME!! The best part of all... I require no surgery and NO MORE CHEMO!!!! 

I'm so completely grateful that I came across the Whole30 program. It has been a life-changer and while I have no idea what happens come day 30-- all I know is, I'm celebrating in the moment right now, taking a bow, and celebrating my success.

Cancer will not defeat ME....not with w30 on my side. BOOYAH! 

Wow!  That's great to hear. Please keep us posted.  I really admire you for taking on such a huge dietary change while going through chemo.  Feeling bad for my cheat this afternoon.  You will be my inspiration to stay true to the Whole 30.

Holy cow Peanut, I was just thinking of you.  What fantastic news!  Congrats!  Continue your awesome wellness journey!  :)

LOL thanks megmac!! I totally had spaced I started this one until someone liked it so I thought I would share more of my exciting news!!! :) 

Wow!  That's great to hear. Please keep us posted.  I really admire you for taking on such a huge dietary change while going through chemo.  Feeling bad for my cheat this afternoon.  You will be my inspiration to stay true to the Whole 30.

haha I always tell people CHEAT FOR ME! lol... Chemo is really hard so when I get to eat super food (as I call it since it's all extremely nutritional and amazingly deliciously awesome for me)... but on bad days... i really miss eating yogurt since that's usually my go-to food for nutrients. Baby food ( I know that sounds weird) also helps as well... I buy the organic food [still read my labels] so that way I don't feel completely sick but I still get nutrients from food in some way.

I say stay true to W30 for you.. :) but I like acting as a silent guide. :P 

Archived