A cute waiter thinks I'm crazy

kimmy8982

26 days into my whole30 and I braved a restaraunt for the first time last night. I wasn't afraid of the food temptation, I was afraid of being that annoying customer who asks for a full inspection of each dish. So I got brave last night and met a friend at the local tapas bar. And wouldn't you know it the waiter was kind of dreamy. When I asked him about the ingredients and he looked curious I replied, " oh I'm doing the whole30" and he just nodded and had no idea what the heck I was talking about. The only compliant menu items were garlic brussel sprouts and olives. But they were delicious.

I got asked out to dinner for a first date the other day. I've suggested coffee instead, because it's a lot less off-putting for a girl to order black coffee than to question every item on the menu (not that I would hesitate normally, but on a first date? The lasting impression he'll have of me is that I'm a weirdo about food!)

LOL love it! I went out for breakfast the other day and asked what the eggs were fried in and if the sausages were gluten free.... my husband gave me the look and I kinda lost it on him! I was thinking these are some things I could order in a resto:

breakfast: poached eggs with sliced tomatoes, bacon or canadian bacon (taking a chance with the meats though as commercial ones will have additives and sugar)

lunch: salad with grilled chicken or tuna, or if they have a cobb salad, no dressing (bring your own or ask for olive oil and balsamic)

dinner: grilled anything (fish, steak, chicken) ask that only olive oil be used if any is needed, salad with no dressing or EVOO/BV on the side, baked sweet potatoe (some places have that), plain steamed vegs

I would say something like," I'm sorry but I'm on a strict allergen diet and want to make this as easy as possible for us, do you mind if i ask you a cpl questions or make special requests for my meal"

Archived