Getting my life back

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome back Derek!

Good to hear from you. I've found your log and will check out how you are going.

Must admit its been a struggle this last year and a half since I had surgery...(anaesthetics really stuff up my gut flora) and then went back to full time work (less time for exercise and food prep). I am yet to get back any consistency in my exercise and haven't managed any runs longer than 7 km since .... Would like to do a 10km and a 14km plus a 5 or 6km weekly again one day!

But I have done lots of experimenting with food and alcohol and I know what works and what doesn't so I just need to roll my sleeves up and focus... Summers coming which is a good incentive and my work is finally stable so bring it on! I need to lose 20lbs so I can fit into my shorts again :)

I'm jealous as you head into your summer and we head out of ours.  Although, I really love Fall weather.  It was beautiful here this past weekend, with the trees just starting to show some changes and day temps in the low 80s, but cooling off in the evenings.

So glad you had a great time away!  And glad to see you get right back on it.  And glad to see you walking (and a little run) again!   :)

Day4

6km walk, a bit sneezy (hay fever)

M1

Pork and veg soup with an egg drop, melon, coffee with CM

M2

Stuffed up with a farewell work morning tea at 11am... Ate scones with cream and jam... Decided this would be lunch at least and went for my 3km lunchtime walk but now my tummy hurts :(

M3 veal and bacon roll ups with carrots, broccoli and potato and a glass of wine.... In for a penny in for a pound mentality!,, back to it tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Been so busy at work, must have worked over 60 hours last week and my eating was poor and my exercise variable. My lip all blistered up too, a bit like a cold sore... :( time to make my health a priority.

Had a good nights sleep then up for a gentle 4 km jog

Good breakfast of eggs and vege soup and a good lunch of salad and turkey.

Made up a batch of chicken meatballs and turkey hash and cooking a big chicken casserole tonight so all ready for a good day tomorrow as well.

Might have a bit of sugar and rice and wine but trying to avoid the nasties like gluten, dairy and legumes and eat sensible amounts.

Played a bit of tennis and went for a swim.. Nice spring day. Weather is turning wintery again tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived