Getting my life back

Great work on Dry July!

Your epiphany resonates with me.  If I rely on my body for hunger, satiety cues - I gain weight.  So I have to watch myself.  Although tracking gets old also.  So I've been tracking for awhile, and now I plan to take a break from it and see if I can at least maintain without counting everything.  My plan is to really up the veggies.  So usually I have yogurt and berries in the afternoon.  I'm going to try to switch that out with broccoli, carrots and hummus.  We'll see how it goes.

Good luck and keep us updated on how it goes for you!

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me, too.  My body doesn't tell me to stop eating.  Following the template helps me (as did calorie counting in the past).  My mind knows I've had enough so I can stop even if my body wants more.  That only works if there is no sugar involved, though.  Or nutbutter.  Or gucacomoe - body wins on that one often, too.  Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Congrats on your dry July!

I'm on day 24 of my own w30 and have some travel-related off roading planned for August, but aside from those diversions, I'll continue w30 style.

Welcome back!

Congrats on a successful dry July.  And here's to a successful W30!

I'm considering doing a dry something myself, I like to know I can drop it when I want to.  But not until after vacation!

Hope you are staying warm!

Thank you Sara! Enjoy the vacation!

Stupid leaving my car out last night, ice all over it. I have my woollen hat on and am sitting under a rug!

Funny having roast potatoes yesterday and feeling guilty for no need. I nearly had to check the rules re alcohol for whole30s since its been awhile since I have been strict with my meals but then my good sense prevailed! I guess for me coffee is like alcohol so if one is allowed I think the other might be too but most people don't have a problem with coffee.

• Moderators

Stay warm!

I'm happy about the potatoes thing, but I'm keeping in mind that they're not recommended for folks who want to lose fat and aren't extremely active. I mean, once in a while is great, of course, like when out for breakfast, but I'm treading carefully.

Stay warm!

I'm happy about the potatoes thing, but I'm keeping in mind that they're not recommended for folks who want to lose fat and aren't extremely active. I mean, once in a while is great, of course, like when out for breakfast, but I'm treading carefully.

I must bear this in mind too, just because they are allowed doesn't mean I have to have them every day!

Interesting that for you alcohol and coffee go together.

I am not envying you your cold weather!  Funny that your snow isn't great fun, fluffy snow.  We get that freezer snow sometimes too.

Vacation was fantastic!

I think coffee and alcohol both put a load on your liver and kidneys?? The coffee certainly raises my stress levels.

Can't believe how quickly these 5 days have gone and how much more normal I feel without processed food.

Even got up early and went for a 4 km walk today... Hopefully back to running soon although my foot did hurt today :(

Sara, so pleased you enjoyed your vacation. We don't get decent snow because we don't really have a snow season, only on one mountain range where no one really lives but you can ski on for a few weeks of the year!

M1 bacon, egg, avocado, blueberries, cm, decaf

M2 Mince and veg and an orange

M3 steak and veg

Woke up fine today thank goodness. Went for a walk at lunch. Looking forward to getting back to my 6km early morning walks tomorrow. Going to the inlaws for dinner tomorrow and just found out they are having takeaway... Lucky hubby told me so I can bring my own dinner, I am so over processed food making me feel unwell its the last thing I want to have to try to navigate right now, especially since I get quite sick from onion and garlic too.

M1 egg, bacon, spinach, blueberries, CM, decaf

Snack apple and carrot

M2 leftover lamb and veg... Not quite enough so had a can of tuna a bit later

M3 burger with salad

Bad nights sleep due to partners snoring so didn't get up early :(

M1 beef burger and burnt sweet potato :(

M2 fruit salad, walnuts and dates.... Not good but okay for getting caught unprepared while out.

On the plus side I got a spaghetti squash and tapioca and my favourite purple sweet potatoes!

M3 burger, tomato, avocado, olives and strawberries... Didn't miss the takeaway at all, instead I appreciated the real flavours in my meal!

Yay, went for a 3 km walk. Will no doubt do another 3 km taking my son to a big shopping centre this morning LOL.

M1 beef burger, vege soup, mango, decaf with CM

M2 beef burger, tomato, avocado

M3 spaghetti squash with turkey mince and tomato plus baked taro chips.... So full now!

Archived