Getting my life back

Been too busy to post but everything is going well. Thirteen days down now and starting to ramp up the exercise, also eating less naturally which is great and my fat pants have stopped strangling me to!

Bought a spaghetti squash on the weekend and enjoyed it with ground turkey and tomato paste.... Yummy.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day14 done, felt exhausted this morning for no reason.

Lunch out... Grilled calamari and salad, I think it had seasoning though I asked for plain but at least no flour.

Lolly jar was calling my name at Work but I got by telling myself I could have some walnuts and dates when I got home!

Still exhausted. Checked my first ever log and I only felt like this day 13 /14. Hope it goes away soon.

I did play in a heated pool for an hour last night which I'm sure contributed. Might be time to stop the decaf coffee and see if that helps.

I was too tired to go walking this morning despite 9 hours keep :(

Day 17 today and had some dried fruit with sugar. Since I plan on sticking closely to whole30 for August and Sept I have decided to declare a whole16 that ended yesterday and start a whole14 tomorrow for the rest of August. Slight offroading today, including my first alcohol in more than 6 weeks then right back to it tomorrow.

It sounds like  you had a lovely W16 and I hope you are right back on it today.

I wonder what is causing your exhaustion?  I've been very tired also.  While on vacation I was sleeping about 9-10 hours and still felt fatigued.  Maybe recovery from my big run?

Did you back off the decaf?  I know losing coffee really helps you...

Woot on no longer being strangled by your fat pants!   :P

Yesterday wasnt ideal, I has some lollies, a biscuit and a glass of wine! But I did go for a 6 km early walk and a lunch time short walk and although my sleep was restless I woke up well and went for my 6km walk today so back on track!

I did back off the decafe for two days, thought that might be what triggered my sugar cravings... Going to have it today and see what tomorrow brings.

I'm surprised the wine didnt make me tired. Was humming in the shower this morning so I know I really do feel okay!

My first big runs (6 miles LOL) took me a week to get over the first few times so I reckon you could be right Sara that your big run had an impact! Hope you feel good today!

All that walking sounds wonderful.  As does humming in the shower.  I'm not a morning person, so that never happens for me.

I am feeling much more in my routine and normal today, thanks!

Hey, 6 miles is nothing to sneeze at.  It seems like yesterday that I thought I could never possibly run 3 miles straight.

I'm interested to hear how the decaf test goes.

Interesting about coffee triggering sugar cravings.  I need to get out for a walk today!

And that was decaf! I know full strength coffee does... For some. It triggers cortisol which triggers insulin which drops blood sugar.

Sara, I did wake up tired today..... Time to back off the decaf :(.... Starting tomorrow LOL

I really don't get sugar cravings - sweets are not my tough spot.  But I do wonder if I overdo the coffee...  No, I know I overdo the coffee, I just can't decide if I care.   ;)

Hope the backing off decaf goes well for you.

Had a day off so I got to enjoy it PP... Took the tram in to the city and went with my mum to the Italian Masterpieces exhibition!

For our NH cousins, today seemed like the first time in a very long time it wasn't cold..... spring is on the way!

I am going to try 10 days with no nuts, cocoa, coconut or fruit. I can't seem to shake this inflammation lately so going for very plain non-inflammatory foods to get it under control.

Nearly caved and had blueberries with coconut milk after dinner since I missed lunch and was still hungry after my chicken and soup, but had scrambled eggs instead! Yay me!

Also going to up the incidental activity. My body feels like it is rusting at work, despite early morning and lunchtime walks, so I might see if I can take a break every hour to go up and down our four flights of stairs. Amazing how the elevation really spikes the heart rate.

And on the weekends I need to do more shopping and cooking.

And on the weekends I need to do more shopping and cooking.

This times a million.  Not having good food ready to go is not good for me.  I either under eat or over eat stuff I don't want to be eating.

I just mentioned that I'm feeling bloated and not so hot, time to switch things up again.

Good luck on your non-inflammatory food plan.

And enjoy the nice weather!  I'm hoping to keep a few more weeks of summer at least.  At least get me through next weekend at the beach!   :)

• Moderators

Extra protein and veg when hungry is pretty much always the best route. Good for you. And adding extra everyday movement every hour is also the thing according to everything I've been reading. So, great plan all around!

Made two pots of soup today including one with chicken bones....

Went for a 7km walk. Played with the chickens, went food shopping. Went to a fete. And it's only 2pm. Time for a rest!

Got that icky detoxing feeling. Also quite bloated which i thought due to french toast i had on Thursday but just realised AF is due. Possibly why I ate badly early in the week.

Thanks everyone for reading my posts and offering support. It really means a lot and helps hugely!

Day 3.

Got up at 6am (on a Sunday) to go for my walk and found it was raining, so went to the gym and did 7km with 20 minutes of interval running within... Chuffed about that.

Then made a potato, carrot, spinach hash with two eggs and a scrape (hubby forgot to take out of the freezer :( ) of bacon plus a small dish of tomato soup.

Plan to make a banana cake for the kids later, and clean the bathrooms and not much else.

Day 4, got my 6km walk in, started raining half way :(

I had hoped my work pants would feel a bit looser but I guess it's too early.

On the plus side, my neck inflammation is much better which is great considering the running I did yesterday.

Chicken soup for breakfast and sweet potato spinach soup with pork for lunch. Added an egg to both for extra nutrition.

Made it to dinner without thinking about needing a snack so that's a good sign.

Not happy with the pork stir fry hubby cooked with cashews, baby corn and pineapple. I picked them out but I didn't really like the flavour either so I put half back into leftovers and filled up on pumpkin soup instead.

Yay, 4 days down.

4 days down and neck inflammation is better, woot!  And if AF is coming, I'm not surprised your work pants aren't fitting better.

Love all the exercise.  You'll be back to running before you know it.  "Chuffed" is a good thing?  Found it - very pleased.  Maybe I'll have to add that to my vocabulary.  :)

Thanks Sara :)

I am looking forward to running properly but don't want to push it just yet... I'm still adjusting back to fat burning I think. Hills are tough right now. Completed my morning 6 km no rain but lots of fog.

Breakfast was chicken stock chicken, zucchini, mushroom and spinach thrown into a pan with an egg. I m enjoying using eggs to thicken soup. Lunch will be beef mince cooked with Choy sum chucked into pumpkin soup.

Thanks guys :).

Had a late night due to a school event last night so didnt do my early 6km walk but took my running gear to work and did an average 5km jog. It was hard but not too bad. My back is a bit sore tonight, more muscle fatigue than irritation but I will take it carefully.

Day 6 big breakfast since dinner was rushed and small, salad and mince for lunch, had tuna and tomatoes as a snack at 4pm and then could only eat half my dinner... That hasn't happened in a long time. Might be partly AF bloating/aching but its been ages since I've felt full on so little.

Archived