Natural Calm Flavors

Jinkse21

More specifically...has anyone tried the Orange flavor? I thought about buying the plain but I'm worried I won't like it and won't use it...money down the drain! I saw that it comes in different flavors and orange appears to be the only one I could possibly like.

Also, how long after using it did you notice changes?

I bought the plain. I can't say I like it but I just slug down a few oz with 2 tsp NC. Not a big deal to me. It's very lemony. Be careful about the flavored versions. Some, if not all, contain stevia or other sweeteners.

• Moderators

Only the plain Natural Calm is okay during a Whole30. The others are sweetened with stevia. I've used the plain, raspberry lemon, and the orange. I find it easy to drink the plain, but raspberry lemon is the standard at my house. My wife will drink the plain or orange, but likes raspberry lemon the best.

I tried adding the plain to a cup of herbal tea last night but that didn't really mask the flavor and kinda ruined my nightly rooibous fix!! I agree with slw600 - just toss it back. It goes down quick. :P

I had a tough time with the unflavored stuff at first. I added just a splash of orange juice and that made it completely tolerable. Once that little bottle of juice was empty, I found I was able to drink it just fine without anything added.

What changes are you asking about? I think I noticed right away it improved my sleep and it makes me slightly drowsy/more relaxed within about 15 min. Just make sure you start with a small dose and work up to the full one. I started with a little less than 1 tsp and worked up to 2 heaping tsp over several weeks.

I used the plain since I was whole30. I literally throw it back, not taking time to "taste". Is there an after taste? Yes, it sends shivers down my spine every time.

I slept like a rock, but must add I already was...and the next morning things moved along beautifully. I went from 3 bms a week to about 6. Wow, spilling my sh*t on the internet!

What changes are you asking about? I think I noticed right away it improved my sleep and it makes me slightly drowsy/more relaxed within about 15 min. Just make sure you start with a small dose and work up to the full one. I started with a little less than 1 tsp and worked up to 2 heaping tsp over several weeks.

That's what I was looking for. ;)

It's about $24-25 at Amazon for 16 ounces. Vitacost has their own version, which appears to be identical, for $15. I switched to that one a few weeks ago and it's working just as well as the name brand.

Archived