Eggless options?

Hello,

My husband and I are about ready to start on this but I feel like I need some more meal options.

For starters... I hate eggs. Really really dislike eggs. I can't even have foods that taste like eggs. What are some good breakfast options that don't include eggs but still have the nescessary components? I've been trying google search but though I'd ask here.

Thanks!

Hey! I feel your pain. Not only do I hate eggs (as much as you!) but I also can't stomach meat in the mornings; it just makes me want to be sick. I have come up with my own version of breakfast, which is probably not 'ideal' - Moderators might have something to say about it ;-) but it's the only way I have managed to eat a compliant breakfast. Basically, I make a pumpkin souffle (4 eggs, which you can't taste, 1/2 can coconut milk, some spices and pureed butternut squash and sweet potato) - I bake this for 20 mins and have a slice each morning when I wake up with some coconut flakes on top. Then, when I get to work, if I can stomach it, I'll have a couple of slices of bacon.

I do get hungry more than if I ate a more W30 compliant meal, but at least breakfast is no longer an ordeal.

If you can stomach meat, then you could do some sauteed meat & veg - there are lots of good recipes out there that don't include egg.

Good luck!

• Moderators

You can eat meals that are more traditionally served at lunch and supper. I've been known to prepare pan seared scallops with zucchini noodles for breakfast. The idea of chili or roast or fish and veggies at breakfast seems wrong at first, but with a little practice, you find that you can enjoy any food at breakfast.

Yes, it's easier if you think if them as Meals 1, 2 and 3 instead of breakfast lunch and dinner. Meal 1 can be anything you'd eat any other time of day. Just use the meal template and you'll be fine. http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

It does seem strange at first (though I've been eating leftover salad for breakfast for a long time) but then it becomes second nature.

There is no reason you need to eat eggs on the W30.

I am not a fan of eggs either. I will usually go for some leftovers of dinner. Sometimes I take ground pork, apple, coco butter, cinnam and mix it all up. I find it has a bit of a sweet taste which is sometimes nice for breakfast. I will have that with a veggie and be fine til meal 2.

Hope this helps.

One of our local butchers makes compliant chicken sausages so I'll grill up a bunch to keep in the fridge. For the occassional breakfast I eat two or three of those with a side of sauteed kale and half of a baked yam. Add some sort of fat and it's delish.

Do you have a recipe? This sounds delicious!

I blended Tom's tuna salad recipe with a chicken salad recipe from EveryDay Paleo Family Cookbook. I can't find it on the EveryDay Paleo website. Here is Tom's, though.

http://www.wholelifeeating.com/2012/04/tuna-salad-with-avocado-cashews-and-dried-cranberries/

Basically, I took the tuna, avocado, lemon and cranberries from Tom's recipe and added diced celery, scallions, slivered almonds and about 1/2 T curry powder from the curried chicken salad recipe. Salt and pepper, too.

It's very good. I've made Tom's recipe as written and love that, too. I wanted to make the curry chicken recipe, but didn't have mayo or chicken, so used tuna and avocado and lemon instead. Worked great.

I have come up with my own version of breakfast, which is probably not 'ideal' - Moderators might have something to say about it ;-) but it's the only way I have managed to eat a compliant breakfast. Basically, I make a pumpkin souffle (4 eggs, which you can't taste, 1/2 can coconut milk, some spices and pureed butternut squash and sweet potato) - I bake this for 20 mins and have a slice each morning when I wake up with some coconut flakes on top.

Everything about this sounds ideal to me! I like eggs but I'm treating them as suspect for right now. If eggs are OK for me when I test 'em sometime after finishing Whole30 AIP, I'll be trying this recipe.

Right now, I'm eating as if each of my meals is interchangeable. I'm only a few days in, but I've had beef patties, lamb stew, and chicken as the centerpiece of my last three morning meals. I'll probably have liver tomorrow morning. (I found a blueberry liver recipe that makes liver palatable to me, hurrah!)

Everything about this sounds ideal to me! I like eggs but I'm treating them as suspect for right now. If eggs are OK for me when I test 'em sometime after finishing Whole30 AIP, I'll be trying this recipe.

Right now, I'm eating as if each of my meals is interchangeable. I'm only a few days in, but I've had beef patties, lamb stew, and chicken as the centerpiece of my last three morning meals. I'll probably have liver tomorrow morning. (I found a blueberry liver recipe that makes liver palatable to me, hurrah!)

Please share the blueberry liver recipe!

Archived