JinksE's Forever After

Jinkse21

Day 41 - Back at It!

Got last night out of my system and starting back at it today! I did not want to get up this morning but had to take the dog to get groomed at 8:00. :(

Breakfast:

Leftover Steak

2 Pastured Eggs fried in Ghee

Leftover Brussel Sprouts

I just want to lay on the couch all day! I definitely don't want to drink wine again like I did last night! I already told myself I wasn't drinking beer again so wine is my only drinking option. When I do have it, it will be with dinner or just one glass. I like feeling good...bad sucks!

Motivation today? On vacation! At least I accomplished taking the dog to get groomed and pick her up. I wasn't really hungry but my stomach was really bothering me and at 2:00, I knew I needed to eat. My stomach did feel better afterwards.

Lunch:

Beef Liverwurst

Mustard

1/2 Avocado

Sauerkraut

Leftover Sweet Potato, Asparagus

It definitely has been a couch potato day and takes me back to the days when I was drinking and this was a normal thing. I am so over that now! I wonder what's for dinner....

After slugging it for too long, I finally got busy cooking! Lots of veggies and Bison Sausage and Applegate Organic all beef hot dogs so I have meals ready to go over the next few days. I have to make a lot of sugar cookies to take to the Children's school on Thursday over the next few nights so other cooking will not be a priority.

Dinner:

Leftover Dry-Aged Steak

Roasted Brussel Sprouts

Roasted Carrots

Now back to being a slug to watch Once Upon a Time and Revenge! =)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 42 - Travel Anxiety Already??

The next two weekends, I will be out of town staying at my parents' with one night at my nephew's new place. Since I will be buying food to make dinner at my nephew's, it should be a little easier to stay compliant but my parents' will be a different story. This weekend is their 50th wedding anniversary and we will be going out to eat on Sat. night to a place known for their prime rib (yea!) but on Sunday, they will be having a brunch at their house with casserolese and other things loaded with grains and sweets. I guess that will be a good time to re-introduce grains. <_< My parents know what I have been doing and I should be able to navigate through the meals and make good choices but my mom is very much on the low-fat train. I need to call them to find out exactly what they are having so I can make sure I make some options for me. Then there is Memorial Day weekend when the neighbors' kids will be there and lots of alcohol and snacks are consumed throughout the day. That weekend will be the challenge! Except I know I won't be drinking so much wine! ^_^ I have a feeling I will be doing a lot of food prep!

Breakfast:

2 Applegate Beef Hot Dogs

Carrot/Celery Sticks

Mashed Avocado with Salt and Pepper

Lunch:

Bison Sausage

Roasted Brussel Sprouts

Roasted Carrots

The bison sausage was a bit on the dry side and I didn't have any mustard or something to dip it in for more moisture. It would probably be better cooked fresh instead of cooked, then sliced, then reheated. :( I do have to say that I really like roasted carrots! I found yellow and purple carrots at the farmer's market so I threw in some orange ones too and they had a nice, mild sweetness to them. Roasting veggies is so easy and I have found myself roasting more and more of them.

I was looking at the Jawbone Up and Fitbit Flex to see if they could be beneficial to get me moving more. I would really like to see them in person to see how they feel before I buy one. They both have benefits that the other does not but a $30 price difference could convince me to buy the Flex. I know I need to start exercising but I keep using my RA as an excuse..my knee hurts too much...it could cause my joints to hurt... :unsure: Right now, my knee is feeling great so I should go walking, right??? I am working through lunches this week so I can leave early on Friday so I can't really get away from my desk for more than 15 minutes and to walk around the building would probably take 20. Here I go with the excuses again..... :ph34r: I really can't wait until I have my knee replacement so I can get back to the gym to workout. I would like to find a good Thai Chi place too. I checked out Crossfit but I just don't think I am ready for that.

I had to run to the store to pick up stuff to make cookies for the children's school on Thur. so I decided to stop for Thai. :). It's a good thing I don't like sugar because I will be making a butt ton of cookies the next two nights!

Dinner:

Red Curry with Seafood and Bamboo Shoots, Broccoli, Carrots

Day 43 - Always with the Planning!

I called my mom yesterday to find out what they were having on Sunday for brunch...breakfast casserole, pork sandwiches, sausage sandwiches, fruit, Smoked Salmon and bagels, buiscuits....I told her I should be able to eat the meat and salmon. She said, "Well, that's what we're having" very defensively. I let her know I was asking so I would know what I would need to make so I would have other options. Even though she is supportive, she still doesn't get it and she probably never will. She had weight issues when she was younger so she projected on my sister and I to be thin and diet all the time. She was into all the diets, especially WW which she had me sign up for when I was 16/17. One time I told her that if someone told her to hold a rock for 30 minutes a day and she would lose weight, she'd buy it....she didn't like that too much! :lol:

I am making some sort of bison chili for the rest of the week while I make cookies tonight and my husband wanted to have his dad over for dinner. I had to tell him the kitchen would be a mess and I would be busy baking so not the best idea. I don't care if he comes over but my husband likes to cook 50 million things and it always happens to be while I am in the kitchen too and our kitchen is not made for sharing quality cook time! -_- It's cases like this that I probably would have said, "Okay, I'll just do them tomorrow night." But, in this case, what if the cookies I make tonight don't turn out and I have to make more?? And if they eat the chili, what will I eat the rest of the week?? I won't have a lot of time to do any cooking for meals other than tonight so he just has to suck it up. Such a bad wife... :P

I do miss the days of deciding at the last minute what's for dinner or traveling and just stopping somewhere. Now, I have to plan these things out...what restaurants can I go to and will they have enough compliant options for me even though I am not doing a true W30?? If I want this lifestyle to work for me, I guess I have to work at it! (Wow! I just had an enlightening moment! :o )

It's been slow at work today, I was reading several of the success stories on Mark's Daily Plate. It got me motiviated to stick with the Paleo/Primal lifestyle and to add some activity like calestenics and maybe purchasing a kettle ball for workouts at home. i gotta do something! I feel I have the eating thing down pretty well that exercise should be the next goal to conquer! Now if I could just find that thing called motivation..... :rolleyes: I did notice my jeans today are not tight like they used to be and I didn't have to hold my gut in to button them and my shirt, which was tight when I bought it, feels much looser.

Breakfast:

1 Avocado

2 Applegate Beef Hot Dogs

Baked Sweet Potato

Lunch:

Bison Sausage

Roasted Brussel Sprouts

Roasted Carrots

Macadamia Nuts

I have my monthly infusion tomorrow so I have to step on the scale. I think I am going to use those monthly weigh-ins as my weigh-in day so I can put my home scale away. It should be interesting to see what it says...I don't feel like I have really lost anything. <_<

I decided to make a big pot of Bison/Beef chili even though the weather is warming up. I like chili and hot soupos no matter what time of year it is! Plus, it's so easy to heat up or freeze! My husband asked if it was for him too...I gave him a small bowl and told him he could have that. :D It's the first time I have ever added cinnamon to chili and I have to say that it was pretty good. It cooked while I made sugar cookies (thanks to Betty Crocker). Talk about epic fail! First batch burnt and went in the garbage...poor observing on my part! I also think I rolled them too thin. As I made more, they got a little thicker and not so brown. By the time I finished baking 2 packages, I decided I had enough of cooking! I'll make the others tomorrow night...

Dinner was a hot mess with all the cooking I was doing! I know I needed more veggies but was not in the mood to make any since there were carrots, celery, red and orange peppers, onion, garlic, jalapeno, and crushed tomatoes in the chili...

Dinner:

Bison/Beef Chili

4-5 fresh Strawberries (saw these at the farmer's market and couldn't pass them up!)

3 slices Trader Joe Italian sliced meat kinda like Prosciutto (okay...can't remember the name and I threw away the package but it was compliant! :D )

Very small bite of Sugar Cookie (fell off while moving to cooling rack..it's the only way I like to eat cookies - hot right of the oven!)

By the time I sat down, I watched about an hour and a half of TV. Still working on cutting my TV time down! I did have re-runs of Alias on Netflix playing in the kitchen while I was cooking but I needed the noise.

Found that the dog decided my foan earplugs looked like chew toys so she chewed them into small pieces! Bad dog! :o Luckily, I have a small pack of several more! ;)

Day 44 - Weightloss Bites

189.6...That's what I weighed at the doctor's office this morning. :( So I am up a little since the beginning of this month but I will attribute that to different scales! Okay, so I weighed on my home scale this morning and it really wasn't that far off so I'll blame it on the shoes and being fully clothed! ;) That really got me thinking about what kind of changes I need to make to try and lose this unwanted and unnecassary weight without resorting to tracking on MFP again. Looking back, I think my problem is not eating enough veggies and too much meat. I think I am fine on the fat since it's all healthy fats and really not that outrageous. So, new goal is to up my veggies! Definitely more leafy greens! I am still down 10 pounds from where I started so I am still happy!

I really need to work on my sleep. I have been having super crazy dreams and still can't go to sleep before 11:30 so that means I get about 6 hours of sleep a night. I feel fine getting up in the morning but I get sleepy during the day and find myself nodding off at work. Yes, the job can be quite boring just waiting for calls or emails but I can't help but get sleepy. I try to get up every now and then but I can't be away from my desk for long periods of time. I need to start taking the Natural Calm at night around 10:00 so maybe I'll want to go to bed earlier. I DVR just about everything anyway so I don't know why I don't go to bed earlier.

I decided that breakfast would be at First Watch near my doctor's office and I am so glad I went! I got to sit outside where the sun was still rising and the breeze was light. I drank green tea and just relaxed. I imagined myself being somewhere in the Caribbean or Mexico. B) The server was very nice and accommated my questions without looking like I was being an inconvenience. I will definitely go back!

Breakfast:

Acapulco Express without Cheese or Sour Cream or Salsa (Chorizo sausage, avocado, green chilies, onion with melted Cheddar and Monterey Jack. Topped with sour cream and served with a side of housemade salsa.)

Field Greens with Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar

I was pleasantly full afterwards and took a hot tea to go with me. I decided I really like the flavor of just Olive Oil and Balsamic on mixed greens and that it should be a staple for me.

My infusion went the same as always...non-eventful, thank God! The nurse was happy to see that I lost another 5 pounds since the last time I was there a month ago! I had to wait about an hour to see my doctor (very unusual!) so I didn't get back to work until close to noon. I did tell him about following the Paleo way of eating and how my knee pain disappeared and he said there have been many studies done to see how diet affects RA and while he can't tell people how to eat, he was glad it worked for me. I love my Rheumy! :wub:

Lunch:

Mixed Greens with Garlic Infused EVOO and Red Wine Vinegar

Bison/Beef Chili

1 Avocado

About 6 Strawberries

Nodded off at work again...not sure why I keep doing this! ARGH!

Met my husband and his friend at a restaurant for dinner which was good because I had no idea what I was going to eat and I still had to make more cookies! I ordered a steak salad without cheese and the dressing on the side and it came out with a very seasoned steak and fried onions on top of mixed greens. Not sure what was in the seasoning but I could definitely tell there was something I am not used to but since I am not on a strict W30, I ate. I pushed the onions off to the side and did eat some of the dressing even though I wasn't sure if there was mayo in it. I was full but can't say I was 100% satisfied.

Dinner (Incline Public House):

Black and Blue Salad minus the Blue Cheese and Fried Onions

Horseradish Vinaigrette

My husband and his friend had played golf earlier and drank beers and when we got home, my husband decided to keep drinking while he did some yard work and laundry (he cleans when he drinks...very odd man!). In the process, he just annoyed the heck out of me! :angry: No matter how many times I bring it up with him, he continues to do it. Once he fell asleep, I was frustrated and proceeded to eat a handful of nuts around 10:00. This was the first time I have eaten out of frustration and that late and not because I was hungry. :( Some days I wish I was single....ok...MOST days! :P

On a brighter note....I didn't burn AS MANY cookies! LOL! A few turned out a little crispier than others but after you add frosting, it's all good, right??? :lol: No matter what, the kids will love decorating the cookies and I have so much fun going over there. I hate to see this school year end!

Day 45 - The Young and the Restless

Well, maybe not so young but definitely restless! Another night of not sleeping too well. :( Not sure why this keeps happening other than possibly stress. I think I need to see a therapist...

Breakfast:

2.5 Applegate Beef Hot Dogs

1 large baked Sweet Potato

Ghee

It's been a busy morning so no nodding off for me. I do have a lot of energy but I think I am just excited to go decorate cookies! :D

Lunch:

Bison/Beef/Veggie Chili

1 Avocado

My little man was at the school today! He decorated so many cookies!! I still want to take him home with me! I always love going over to the school for our craft activity every month and I am sad that today was the last day...at least until they decide if we will be doing it again next school year. When I got there, there were a few teachers chasing after a boy around 8-9 years old...definite sign that things were going to be a little crazy today! Apparently, there were lots of behavioral issues today as we only had about 8 kids, usually 15-17, and most of those weren't our usual group. I feel so sorry for these kids. They are at this school because they have behavioral issues and can't be in a regular school setting. :( When I see behavior like this, it always makes me wonder how it would change if they ate real food instead of all the processed crap and sugar. They did tell us that they are having a "graduation" for about 8 students who get to go back to the regular shcools next Friday and invited us to come. I think what the teachers do there is great! So much patience!

I was going through posts and found one on a 10-day AIP challenge and actually wish I could do it! The next 3 weekends are on the road for different celebrations so this is not the ideal time for me to do it, especially since the re-intro period would make it more like a Whole30. I think I am safe to tackle it on June 10th though! I still have little itchy problems which I think may be attributed to peppers in the chili since everything else is pretty basic and I haven't been eating a lot of peppers. Changing the way I am eating has really changed how I notice things like itchiness and I would love to see what happens when I get rid of things like nightshades. I'm already eating a pretty limited diet plus I am eating a lot less so one more stricter challenge shouldn't hurt, right??? :huh:

Spent time after work running errands before I head out of town and stopped at my Thai place for dinner. Is it bad when they know your name and you don't need a menu??? :rolleyes:

Dinner:

Chicken Coconut Soup

Hero Salad (Shredded Daikon Radish, Cucumber, Masago, Tuna, Salmon, Whitefish)

A little Spicy Sauce made with Sriracha

Apparently, I am okay with coconut milk as I made sure I paid attention to how I felt after eating it in my soup. That's great because I really like their soup and curries with coconut milk!

I got a few things together for my trip but since I am coming home at 11:30, I'll be able to eat lunch and get everything else together before hitting the road. Stress of eating on the road is building....

Day 46 - On the road again...Just can't wait to get on the road again...

One of my favorite songs by Willie.... :wub:

Short workday for me! Yea!!! But a long drive in my near future....boooooo!!! The fridge is pretty bare with easy things for breakfast so I cut-up an avocao and grabbed my TJ Italian slice meat (still can't remember the name!) and just decided to buy other stuff at work.

Breakfast:

3/4 Avocado

TJ Italian Sliced Meat

Side Salad

2 Hard-Boiled Eggs

I gave my $4 towards the Powerball drawing with my co-workers...If I win, I'll buy my own farm to raise all my own cows, pigs, chickens, goats, and veggies!!! And fruits because I will be somewhere in the tropics!! :D That way I will know all of the ingredients my chef is using when they cook my meals! ;)

Lunch:

Bison/Beef Chili

Not a huge lunch but I was busy getting things together so I could get on the road by 1:00 and I was full from eating it. I did stop at Starbuck's after an hour and a half for a full fat Cappuccino. I still love them! :D And I don't seem to have any side effects from the dairy in them.

I got to my nephew's around 4:00. I am so glad I am not their age anymore! Their place it the typical 20/21 year-old rental...messy! :blink: I'm glad I brought an air mattress and new sheets! LOL! we ended up going to the grocery store to pick up food for dinner. I picked up a lot of stuff I could eat as well as sirloin steaks on sale for everyone. My nephew cooked everything and I made homemafe guacamole. According to Taylor, they never eat this good! Of course, I footed the bill or there's no telling what kind of meat we would have been eating! ;) I did decide to drink some Amstel Lights and in the course of the evening I drank a 6-pack.

Dinner:

Guacamole with Carrot Sticks

Sirloin Steak

Mushrooms and Onions cooked with EVOO

Baked Sweet Potato

I gave my $4 towards the Powerball drawing with my co-workers...If I win, I'll buy my own farm to raise all my own cows, pigs, chickens, goats, and veggies!!! And fruits because I will be somewhere in the tropics!! :D That way I will know all of the ingredients my chef is using when they cook my meals! ;)

Love it!

Day 47 - Happy 50th Mom and Dad!

Slept horribly! :( Partly because of sleeping on an air mattress in a room with all of the air vents covered and partly because of drinking beer last night. My left knee was bothering me a little bit too. I did wake up in the middle of the night with a killer Charlie Horse in my right calf....those hurt like a MFer!!! :angry: After that, it was difficult to get comfortable. I ended up getting up around 6:30 so I could get ready to meet my girlfriend and her family ofr breakfast at 7:30. I was a little worried about having some good options there as it's a mom and pop kind of place that prides themselves on their pancakes larger than the plate and 12-egg omelet challenge! It took some looking but I managed to find something...

Breakfast:

Hot Tea (brought my own and just asked for hot water)

3-Egg Omelet with Veggies and Crumbled Sausage (not sure if compliant) cooked in Butter

Grits with Butter (only ate a few spoonfuls...still yumy!)

The woman didn't look at me like I was crazy for holding the cheese and bread! :) the pancakes are definitely bigger than the plates! My friend didn't even eat 1/4th of it! It had whipped cream and strawberries on it too...looked so good but I resisted taking a bite! My concentration was on visiting my friend and her family and I had a great time!

I found the local farmer's market in Owensboro and I am so glad I did! Pastured chicken eggs ofr $4 a dozen! Fill a bag with Kale for $3! The bag was a Kroger bag and I didn't even fill it all the up and I think I have enough to last me through the week! I also picked up a head of fresh lettuce and a mix of baby greens. I found yellow zucchini, not squash but zucchini! Can't wait to make that! There was a stand that had plants including different herbs so I picked up some Sweet Basil and Parsley as well as Out of Africa Basil. i had never heard of it and the woman let me pull off a leaf and try it. Tastes very similar to Sweet Basil with a little more left on the palate. They didn't really have anything for me to make guac at my parents so I had to stop at the grocery store. By the time I got back to my nephew's, they were all ready and the middle one said he needed gas so he and his brother left and when they came back, they had a flat! Not good since they were supposed to follow me in that car! Luckily, they were able to borrow their grandmother's car!

Lunch was on the road at Wendy's...

Lunch:

Homestyle Grilled Chicken Sandwich (ate 3/4 of bun)

Side Salad with no dressing

Diet Coke

I took a few drinks of the Diet Coke and I just couldn't drink it! I eneded up dumping it before we left. I am still so surprised that I am not liking it!

We got to my parents and were able to relax for a little bit before having to get ready to leave for their dinner. I decided tonight's dinner would be a free dinner to not have to worry about anything...just enjoy the evening and, boy, did I enjoy it!

Dinner:

Red Wine

Cheese Cubes

Fried Portabella Mushrooms

Fried Asparagus

1 Cheese Stick

2-3 pieces Fried Shrimp

Bacon Ranch Dressing as dip

Salad with Mushrooms, Pickled Beets, Hard-Boiled Egg, Onion, Carrots, Oil and Red Wine Vinegar

Prime Rib (YUM!)

Raw Horseradish

I drank another glass of wine when we got home and then headed for bed! Good night had by all!!

Day 48 - And the Party Continues...

Up bright and early to be the first one in the bathroom! ^_^ It was good that I got up early too so I could prep the carrots, peppers, and celery before church! Unfortunately, I did not really eat anything besised some pieces of carrot and celery. I should have tried harder and made something for breakfast. I knew we'd be eating lots of food for brunch, so I went back to my old ways of waiting for that one big food opp! :unsure:

I made a HUGE batch of guacamole once we got back from church to go along with the grit/sausage casserole, spinach in pastry doucg, bagels and cream cheese, smoked Salmon, biscuits and sausage, Hawaiian rolls and pork, pastries, etc... I know my choices were not good but I had definite plans of getting back on track afterwards!

Brunch:

1/2 Asiago Cheese Bagel with Cream Cheese

Guacamole with Carrots and Celery (about 4 corn tortilla chips found their way into my mouth too! :rolleyes: )

Smoked Salmon with Red Onions and Capers

Country Ham

Spinach thingy

Grit/Sausage/Egg Casserole

Pork on Hawaiian Roll

I had a great time visiting with everyone! It did get old trying to explain why my husband wasn't there...to the point where I just said either, "Don't ask..." or "He doesn't like the lake." :unsure: It gets old...

I didn't leave until after 3 so I knew I would have a long drive ahead of me! I talked with my husband who said he'd have to find something to do and since it would be so late by the time I got home that maybe he would just start drinking and be in bed early. Nice....So, needless to say, I was not rushing back! :angry: I decided to stop and eat dinner somewhere then hit the grocery store since I wanted to make sure I ate before 8:00. I stopped at a Chinese buffet place that I used to go to when I worked in that area. I knew that they would have good options for me.

Dinner:

Frog Legs (had breading)

4 large Mussels

Kimchi

Chicken on a Stick

Teriyaki Sauce on mixed Veggies (Mushrooms, Water Chestnuts, Onions, Broccoli, Napa Cabbage)

I stopped at Remke Bigg's and found a good Roast Beef in the deli, Dietz & Watson, and Spaghetti Squash in Produce. I haven't been able to find it so I bought 2 even though it was 99 cents a lb! I tried to not get carried away buying lots of veggies so I bought blackberries and strawberries to eat with breakfasts this week.

I got home and, yep, he was totally useless to me! :angry: I unloaded the car myself and called him an asshole then he went to bed. I was able to relax some before I decided it was time to lay in bed, even though I turned the TV on and fell asleep to it. I think I'm better of being single than married and frustrated all the time. After being aroung my parents, I want someone who will treat me like a queen...I would even settle for Princess! :(

Day 49 - Back on Track (But not Whole30...)

With the next few weekends causing a challenge to being 100% W30-compliant, I will do my best to be at least 95% compliant through the week, if not 100%! I will also plan on things to take with me to my parents for the long holiday weekend so I don't end up feeling like crap like I do now! My shoulders and left knee started bothering me yesterday but today both are feeling pretty weak, like the beginning of a flare-up. My poos are not the same either...more on the constipated side now (I am sure thanks to the cheese!). I also feel bloated and just kinda blah. I did step on the scale to see what the damage was and I gained 2 pounds, which should go away pretty quick this week, but I would like to avoid doing the same thing this coming weekend. So now I get to scour the net for some good recipes/things to take with me!

Breakfast:

3 slices Roast Beef

1/2 Avocado

2 Hard-boiled Eggs (made last night and turned out perfect for a change!! :D )

Carrot Sticks

Large handful of Blackberries

Brought freshly grown lettuce for lunch today so I headed to our "bristro" for salad toppings. I was looking for the olive oil and I was told they haven't had any for 2 weeks because their manager has not been ordering it! Good thing I brought some avocado with me and that they have olives on the bar!

Lunch:

Baby Mixed Greens

Prosciutto

1/2 Avocado

Carrots, Cucumber, Mushrooms, and Red Onion

Hard-Boiled Egg (chopped up)

6 Olives

Red Wine Vinegar

Cookfest when I got home from work! The husband, who I was still mad at, was home from work early so I decided I was going to spend the next 2.5 hours in the kitchen cooking up a storm! <_< I made kale with onions and garlic, roasted sweet potatoes, sauteed yellow zucchini, bacon, breakfast sausage, and cut-up filet pieces. Lots of cooking and clenaing! I really wish I had a dishwasher! I munched on a few different things while cooking so dinner was spread out over the course of 2 hours.

Dinner:

Bacon (probably too much! :P )

Sausage Patty

Yellow Zucchini

I find that when I am stressed out, I like to cook...not so much about eating. That is saved for celebrations or when I am pissed off! :rolleyes: Found out my husband didn't even remember be coming home on Sunday. :angry: He has a real issue that needs to be addressed but any time I bring it up, he gets mad and tells me he doesn't have a problem. I hate to say it but he may admit he has a problem when it's too late and I am not there. What makes me even madder is that he said he shouldn't have been that drunk and then silence. After a few minutes, I asked if he was even going to say he was sorry. His reposnce, "Yeah, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been that drunk." I told him it was very disrespectful and left it at that. I turned on The Voice, his "favorite" show...he eventually went to watch TV in the other room...Good! :P

Day 48 - 41 Never Looked So Good!

Happy Birthday to me!!! :D I love how I look in the mirror and don't see a 41-year-old staring back at me! While I don't feel like a spring chicken, I feel younger than 41! I love seeing all the FB posts in the morning...what were birthdays like before FB??? My friend in the Netherlands, from college, posted something on my wall in Dutch....

"er is er 1 jarig hoera hoera, dat kun je wel zien dat ben jij. wij vinden het allen zo prettig ja ja en daarom zingen wij blij. Zij leve lang hoera hoera, zij leve lang hoera hoera, zij leve lang hoera hoera."

Which translates to:

"there is one year hurray hurray, that you can tell that's you. we find it all so pleasant yes yes and that is why we sing happy. They live long hurray hurray, hurray hurray long they live, they live long hurray hurray."

Doesn't make a ton of sense but I can see her singing it to me now! :) Love her!!

A long time ago, a tradition was started at work where the birthday boy/girl brings in donuts or cookies on their birthday to share with everyone so, this being my first birthday that I have worked on in a log time, I stopped at the bakery and picked up heart-shaped donuts and small cookies. Plus, I bought a cherry cheese danish for me! :D I do not eat cake so this will be my "cake" at some point! I did eat one small cookie and talk about sweet! That'll do me until next year! I did tell people that if they sang me a birthday song, they could have a cookie and donut...one person took me up on it and did a Birthday Rap! LOL! 50-year-old white guy rapping...best birthday present of the day...so far!

I decided to go out for lunch and splurge! We went to a really good pizza place and I got a small pizza kind of like a taco pizza minus the cheddar cheese and chipotle ranch. It was so good! I ate half of it and didn't eat all of the crust...just didn't want it...I would have devoured the whole thing in the past! I did have to make myself stop, but at least I stopped! ;) The guys I work with told them it was my birthday thinking they would do the humiliating singing thing but they didn't. Instead, they gave me a pint glass with their log o on it! It will make a great replacement for my water glass at home! Thanks Dewey's!!

Lunch:

Taco Pizza (Taco Sauce, Chihuahua Cheese, Tomatoes, Lettuce, Taco Beef, Fritos, Crust)

My husband wants to take me out for dinner tonight but I told him just something simple. I think we are going to Outback with his dad. I am going to be compliant at that meal. Just because it's my birthday doesn't mean I should go balls to the wall, does it?? Since eating lots of grains and dairy over the weekend, I am still trying to get rid of the aches and pains that came back! Ugh!

Apparently, my statements above meant nothing! :P

Dinner:

2 Tall Miller Lites (still tastes so good...dammit!)

6oz Sirloin, Wood Fire Grilled with no Butter

Baked Sweet Potato, plain

Chopped Salad with Candied Walnuts (barely even a teaspoon)

3 pieces of Bread with Butter

1/2 piece of Carrot Cake with Frosting

I was feeling all happy so we dropped his dad off and went to a bar to have a few more drinks. ^_^ I only had 2 pints of Miller Lite and we left. My husband didn't drink at all....think he was being good after what happened on Sunday! <_< I made it through The Voice then headed for bed!

Day 49 - Birthday Hangover

I had such a great birthday! Lots of FB b-day wishes with a NKOTB birthday song to boot and wishes on here! I am glad it only comes once a year though! I don't think I can go back to eating like I did yesterday more than a few times a year! I still have that sweet taste in my mouth from all the sugar I ate yesterday. I ate 1 strawberry this morning and it was so sweet! I can't take it anymore! My shoulders and knee are still bothering me and my over-active bladder decided to come back. Just 4 days of eating like I used to and I am reminded of the crap I dealt with every day and thought was normal! :o There are a few more trips away coming up but I have another Whole30 planned for June 10th with a 10-day AIP at the beginning so I can clear my body of this crap again so I can feel better again! There are some things I want to do differently in my second W30and I am able to plan a little better this time around. I told my husband I was going to do another one and his first reaction...."So no drinking for 30 days again??" Ugh!

I didn't feel too bad this morning but I would have loved to just lay in bed this morning! Luckily, I had my breakfast and lunch ready to go!

Breakfast:

2 Sausage Patties

2 Slices Bacon

2 Hard-boiled Eggs

Roasted Sweet Potato

Strawberry

hmmmm...lots of protein at breakfast...maybe too much, huh?? :huh: I'm definitely full! Ha! I brought a lot of veggies to eat at lunch to help offset. ;)

Lunch:

Fillet Mignon Pieces

Roasted Sweet Potato

Sauteed Kale with Onion and Garlic

Sauteed Yellow Zucchini

My nephew's pre-k graduation was tonight. As ridiculous as it seems to have a pre-k grad., it was the cutest thing ever! What's even better is that a little girl set off the fire alarm at the beginning! :lol: Everyone had to file out of the gym for about 10 minutes. It was a very exciting evening! My nephew was adorable...as always! We went back to their house and I ended up eating a waffle cone bowl and half a chocolate chip cookie! :rolleyes: We ate dinner at Wild Mike's beforehand because they have chicken livers. :D Given they are fried in some kind of oil, they are not breaded. I know the garlic hot sauce I got had butter or oil in it too...Oh well! (that's the lax side of me speaking!)

Dinner:

Chicken Livers deep fried in Oil

Garlic Hot Sauce

Side Salad (Iceberg Lettuce, Red Cabbage, Onion, Tomato) with no Dressing

Once we got home, it was 10:00. I stayed up until close to 11:30 watching TV...I needed some downtime!

Day 50 - Excuses...Excuses...Excuses

Why is it that we can come up with so many excuses to off-road but very few to stay on the road?? As much as I know how good I feel when I eat right and exercise, I can always find a reason to eat something bad or to sit on the couch! :unsure: As time goes on after completing my first W30, the excuses get easier and come more often. Now, I have been trying to stay on track with any meals I make at home but being on the road or going to someone else's house for an event do not make it easy. I have been trying to plan on things to take to my parents' this weekend so I can be as good as possible since I know wine and beer will be consumed (a lot less than before but still consumed!) but it's not like when I am home and cook a meal just for me. My mom means well and celebrates my successes but she still has the mentality that corn is good...whole-grain bread is good...biscuits must be served with breakfast...And I noticed last time that she got a little defensive when I asked what she was having and said I couldn't eat a lot of it. While this weekend could be a challenge, I will not let it defeat me!! :)

I am trying to make a conscious effort to say that I CHOOSE not to eat something because saying I can't makes it sound like someone is telling me I can't have something which eventually brings on defiance and I shove it in my face! <_< I guess I still have a lot of work to be done!!

Breakfast was easy to put together this morning but I had nothing for lunch. I decided to do a salad from the Bistro so I brought my own EVOO and Balsamic Vinegar (has sulphites), roast beef, prosciutto, and avocado to put on top.

Breakfast:

2 Sausage Patties

Roasted Sweet Potatoes

1/2 Avocado

Strawberries

I don't know what's wrong with me but I still find myself falling asleep at work. It seems like it's more than it was in the past. This time is wasn't even 9:00! I guess I really do need to work on getting more sleep at night!

Lunch:

Ostrich Burger sans bun

House Salad (had some cheese on it and couldn't get it all off)

EVOO

Balsamic Vinaigrette (not sure of all ingredients)

1/4 Avocado

I ended up going to my girlfriend's house after picking up Thai for us. Had a couple glasses of wine while we visited. We haven't really seen each other in awhile so it was good to be able to sit down and talk. She has a birthday coming up in a few weeks and is having everyone out to her family farm to camp all weekend. I'll have to make sure I am prepared for that since I know there will be drinking and lots of food that is definitely not Paleo!

Dinner:

TT Red Curry with Seafood

Day 51 - Holiday Weekends are the Best!

I am so looking forward to this weekend even though the weather won't be that warm! I will be off next Tuesday too so I'll have a nice long weekend with the family. Which also means lots of food! I have to make my list of things to take with me today so I can hit the grocery store(s) after work. I know I am going to have to plan on breakfast foods to eat after I wake up as well as any food to take on the boat.

Oh! I decided to try my Diva Cup yesterday! It was weird but not as bad as I thought it would be since I use OB tampons and have used the Nuva Ring.I found the best way to insert it for me is to push one side down so it's not so wide at the top. After I put it in the first time, I took it out too make sure it was easy to get out. Easy Peasy! :D I couldn't bring myself to sleep with it in last night so I went old school. I did decide I would use it today so taking care of it at work will be an experience! ^_^

Breakfast was a last-minute-what-the-heck-do-I-have-in-the-house meal! At least I had enough to not have to buy anything in the bistro. Now lunch is a different story! That will be another meal out!

Breakfast:

Prosciutto

Roast Beef

Raw Yellow Zucchini (could only eat about 4 pieces...starting tasting odd)

Black Olives

Blackberries

Lunch (Cancun):

About 5 Tortilla Chips with Salsa

Beef Fajitas (not sure of oil) with Green Peppers and Onions

Lettuce

Guac

3 Corn Tortillas

Cramps suck...that's all.... :angry:

Do you have a disabled toilets in work, they work well in this situation. Or just empty, wipe and re-insert and give it proper wash when you get home. Or you might find yiu csn get through the whole day without changing it.

Do you have a disabled toilets in work, they work well in this situation. Or just empty, wipe and re-insert and give it proper wash when you get home. Or you might find yiu csn get through the whole day without changing it.

Definitely can't go the whole day! :huh: I think I lose half my boby's blood in two days! LOL So far, I have emptied it 4 times today... It actually hasn't been bad which I am very surprised. A lot easier than I was expecting! I just wipe it out and put it back in. I'm mostly scared that I'm going to drop it in the toilet! :ph34r:

Day 56 - Ugh!

I am not even going to bother logging what I impaled my body with over the holiday weekend! I tried to eat Paleo but I think it was a 50/50 thing... UGH! :unsure: Staying on track is so difficult when on the road, and especially when you are the only one eating this way! When we went out on the boat, I tried to make sure I had snacks for me to eat like olives, cauliflower, carrots, hard-boiled eggs, guacamole, roast beef...but then there were the tortilla chips and the bread to go with my homemade bruschetta, Amstel Light, wine....bacon, sausages, potato salad with mayo, biscuits, gravy...Oh my!

But it's a new day! Right??? B)

Breakfast:

2 Hard-Boiled Eggs

Black Olives

Carrots

Radishes

4 slices Prosciutto

I did make it to the store yesterday to buy meats and veggies to get back on track! I found that Kroger's low-sodium bacon does not have sugar in it...good to know! I decided to give their organic meats a try. I plan on making a Mexican mix of ground beef and ground lamb to put in lettuce wraps. Now, if that gets done tonight, I will be surprised since we are getting new windows in the house today and this evening may be spent cleaning up.

Now that I know what to do to eat clean, I need to figure out how to eat to lose this weight. I hate thinking of myself as obese but at 5' tall and 190 lbs, I am obese and unhealthy! I definitely need to make adjustments in my eating habits/patterns. I'd hate to do it but I am thinking about logging in MyFitnessPal, at least when I am not doing a true Whole30, so I can make sure I am not eating tons of calories. This past weekend I ate my Paleo foods but then I also had beer and wine and other non-compliant foods without really adjusting the other things I ate so I gained weight. :( I have got to figure out something that will work for me as far as being Paleo and losing weight. I love seeing people's success stories with all the weight they lost but their stories always say they did Paleo but not really anything else. It can't be THAT simple, can it???

Archived